Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 02:12 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Why the shock? Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville and FINALLY a city not in FL....Memphis, TN are the top 5 cities in the nation for deadly hit and runs.

Tampa just had the 10th person since July hit and killed while riding a bike.
No one is shocked, it's just that some people here take any opportunity to bash the Miami idiosyncrasy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 10:57 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times
Why am i not surprised...

Old 12-22-2010, 11:16 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,074,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_park2 View Post
3 Hit and Runs in Miami past 36 hours 2 Dead & a Toddler in the hospital

wow........OUT OF CONTROL.....miami....OUT OF CONTROL

I think this ends the save roads in Miami argument.....

The hit-and-run occurred near Southwest Fifth Avenue and Seventh Street in Little Havana, early Sunday morning. Leopoldo Carrillo, 78, was hit and killed by a driver, who fled the scene.

WSVN-TV - Woman talks about helping hit-and-run victim

The son of a Miami police officer is recovering after being struck by a hit and run driver.

The incident occurred near 20th Street and Northwest 18th Avenue, Sunday afternoon. Investigators said a car veered onto the curb and struck the child, who was in a stroller, on the sidewalk.

WSVN-TV - Toddler struck, suffers minor injuries

Police have arrested three boys in connection with a hit-an-run that killed a man Monday.
The boys, all 15-years old, were found shopping in a mall just a hours after the accident in Coral Springs, police said.

Teens Go Shopping at Mall After Fatal Hit-and-Run | NBC Miami

I do not like to bash Miami as there are some things about the city which I like ..... but it does have some of the most brutal , barbaric , ignorant , irresponsible drivers in the entire country ... no doubt . Broward and Palm Beach County are not great either ... but certainly better than drivers in Miami .... I pray when ever I get on the Palmetto or I-95 in Dade County ... many of the hit and runs are by uninsured ghettoish teens with parents who have instilled no values in them . By the way not to trivialize the post .... but Coral Springs is a good 45 miles north of Miami and although this hit and run was terrible ... it is not the norm in Coral Springs .

Old 12-22-2010, 01:24 PM

683 posts, read 1,468,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_park2 View Post
3 Hit and Runs in Miami past 36 hours 2 Dead & a Toddler in the hospital

wow........OUT OF CONTROL.....miami....OUT OF CONTROL

I think this ends the save roads in Miami argument.....

The hit-and-run occurred near Southwest Fifth Avenue and Seventh Street in Little Havana, early Sunday morning. Leopoldo Carrillo, 78, was hit and killed by a driver, who fled the scene.

WSVN-TV - Woman talks about helping hit-and-run victim

The son of a Miami police officer is recovering after being struck by a hit and run driver.

The incident occurred near 20th Street and Northwest 18th Avenue, Sunday afternoon. Investigators said a car veered onto the curb and struck the child, who was in a stroller, on the sidewalk.

WSVN-TV - Toddler struck, suffers minor injuries

Police have arrested three boys in connection with a hit-an-run that killed a man Monday.
The boys, all 15-years old, were found shopping in a mall just a hours after the accident in Coral Springs, police said.

Teens Go Shopping at Mall After Fatal Hit-and-Run | NBC Miami
Model Arrested in Fatal Hit-And-Run of UM Student | NBC Miami

Old 12-22-2010, 03:15 PM

810 posts, read 1,578,285 times
A model of what? lead shoes?

Old 12-22-2010, 03:43 PM

932 posts, read 1,176,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
A model of what? lead shoes?
A model at least 4 decades past her prime! Hope they throw the book at her. No excuse .

Old 12-22-2010, 04:35 PM

+1

Send her to North Korea!!!!

Old 12-22-2010, 06:57 PM

683 posts, read 1,468,482 times
She paid 10,000 and got out of prison. Omg... She killed a person... Where is the justice?

Old 12-22-2010, 07:34 PM

She killed someone who could have been her own son - a son who happened to be on his way to school. And someone put a price on his life; she could afford to pay for it.

This really hurts a lot.

The world is not just. This country defends evil doers, that's for sure. Haven't you noticed that you have more rights when you become an evil doer? No one can touch you, and this country will make sure you remain in a safe environment - at least that's what they want to achieve.

On a lighter note, our prisons are more dangerous to criminals compared to those in Scandinavia. I heard inmates in Norwegian prisons get to play instruments, record music albums and have their own TV system. I'm not talking about dudes who didn't pay traffic tickets; just search for Varg Vikernes (Burzum).

In 1994 Vikernes was convicted of the murder of his Mayhem bandmate Øystein Aarseth, known by his stage name Euronymous. Vikernes was further convicted of four counts of arson involving the burnings of historic churches, and was sentenced to 21 years in prison. Having served almost 16 years of a 21-year prison sentence, Vikernes was released on parole in early 2009.[3][4]

Old 12-22-2010, 07:38 PM

932 posts, read 1,176,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
She paid 10,000 and got out of prison. Omg... She killed a person... Where is the justice?
Agree 100%. She is also butt-ugly, so I don't know what she's modeling exactly. I don't know what kind of human being can hit another human being in a car, then just drive off as if it's all good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami