U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 03:48 PM

2,745 posts, read 5,730,831 times

Advertisements

What are you talking about? I just answered your question. I was confused since you asked about downtown Dallas out of nowhere. Chill out dude it's Xmas.

Old 12-25-2010, 03:55 PM

4,741 posts, read 4,821,440 times
Obviously you are under the heat. Not gonna push this further.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:05 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,475,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
This same post has been on city data, made by many different members, over the past YEARS. Compare this last post you made to your first ones. Why did you refuse to listen to other people who have similar views as you do now? I am not saying you are wrong, but when you were warned, you dismissed it. You had this resource to read the exact information you are sharing now. You made a deliberate choice to ignore others advise. What makes you think people will believe your post vs. the other similar posts that state the same? Many people are like you, they cast a blind eye and choose to be seduced.

The problem is, to come on here AFTER being advised about the problems and complaining, you get the hate feedback. If you had merely posted requesting information and then listened to others' advise, your experience here would be much different.

I specifically told you that you were leaving a friendly city with good customer service and you didn't care that Miami wouldn't be the same or that you found that not to be true. Do you recall when I mentioned when you had to have the car repaired, call maintence people, go shopping, etc. that you would then see the real Miami? I was attacked for having a slanted view as to what was real, and that it was like this everywhere.

Why not just call it a loss and move? Miami isn't going to change. You were able to make some accurate conclusions, but the following step would be to remove yourself from this environment.

Broward is an alternative. It is Miami light.

Many posters here will argue that everywhere sucks and the whole world is like this....and blah blah. Most traveled and opened minded people know this is not true. But you also have views that are distorted on certain things and that gives the Miami lovers ammo to say you have an agenda or are lying or whatever.

What you need to realize is that despite all of the problems you see here, many people aren't bothered by them. The lack of customer service, common courtesy, no friendliness, etc are things many people never have expereinced here and don't yearn for it. Or, they are people that behaved this same way elsewhere and couldn't get away with it there, but here they can, so they feel at home and validate their disassociation with the world by living here.

The bottom line is that you made a bad move and you had all the information at your hands to prevent making a bad decision and your realizations now are not going to draw much compassion. Just make the best of your situation, find a liveable areato move to or relocate out of SoFla. Don't torture yourself.
I completely agree. He is not wrong about many aspects of Miami, but so what? When he was warned he vehemently disagreed. Not every poster who gives a non-positive view of Miami has an agenda or hates the city. For me - there are things I love about Miami, but I also don't want people moving there to have a distorted view, because then I have to defend/hear about the negative things in my neck of the woods. The things I love about Miami I am proud of - but I am also realistic and acknowledge the shortcomings. When someone like OP was given all the information and was so obstinate - its hard not to be harsh. Unfortunately Chelito is absolutely correct - JM's posts also will be ignored by some starry eyed vacationer turned short term resident.

Old 12-25-2010, 05:47 PM

888 posts, read 88,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
Unfortunately Chelito is absolutely correct - JM's posts also will be ignored by some starry eyed vacationer turned short term resident.
In the end it all comes out in the wash.
The average "Anglo-American" lasts an average of 2 years here, and 95% are gone by the end of 5 years.

Rince & Repeat

re: Miami Today, 1Q2010

Old 12-25-2010, 05:51 PM

933 posts, read 468,633 times
JM's threads should all be made "sticky" (all of them from pro-Miami to now). They'll be a useful tool for anyone considering moving here.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:28 PM

2,940 posts, read 4,017,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
First of all, you are ALL WRONG. There is no question whatsoever that day to day life in retail business Dallas vs Miami is day vs night. Whether you understand or don't, and Chelito you should chime in here too, people from Dallas enjoy courteous, friendly, professional service in business as a rule. Please, thank you, nice to see you, easy refund, yes that's in stock, yes we can help you with that, it's priced as marked, adequately staffed, safe, clean, did I say courteous?

Boston is a few notches down from Dallas in service, but definitely significantly better than Miami.

Miami is a beautiful place with beautiful people who are fun. I love Miami for that. However things that typically occur in Miami customer service would attract law enforcement elsewhere.

I've been reading JM's story since day one. Clearly he's made a few mistakes, but just as clearly he's a decent guy doing the best he can. You people are not helping here.
Boston I have been in Texas and while tge service might be friendlier in some places, Miami service is not something I'm gonna lose sleep on. The thing with this board is that if you disagree with any negative comment, it immediately makes you a Miami lover

Is service bad in some places, sure it is, but even your comments about law enforcement are simply not true. I'm familiar with retail transactions all over Dade and for the most part they go ok and none of them have been law enforcement material.

No, were not helping cause it's very obvious he never wanted our help, and I don't buy his story unless he is suffers from some psychiatric condition that makes him one day love a place and the next totally hate it. 180 degree changes don't happen overnight on normal people.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:53 PM

2,940 posts, read 4,017,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
Go back home. Miami doesnt need you.
I would agree but for trolls, this is home until their accounts get blocked or tgey forget their passwords

his story now changed from getting fake bills to a guy telling him the bills were fake, funny how he doesn't recall the ATM but it's 100% the money came from an ATM. He has time to visit many places, but it never cross his mind to go back to the locations where he got the fake money. This is all made up nonsense, ATM machines have ways to detect fake bills.

Please divorce Miami like you said you will in your vitual made up relocation adventure and be more original next time.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:19 AM

6,703 posts, read 10,711,260 times
This thread is funny for nothing more than how people who are natives want to jump on a person for talking down about their city and in turn proving the OPs point of the poor behavior in S. Florida. Anyone thinking this place is paradise or who thinks this place has no negatives is either lying or has never lived else where. Not to say Miami isn't good for some people. It is, its just not for everyone just like every other city on the planet earth. Its called quality of life, people. For some it means one thing and for others it means another.

Now, OP did make the mistake of being a BIT on the arrogant side early on and even going as far as to make a two day (or was it two week) thread, tell people who have lived here a LONG time how wrong they are and how great this place is. Hopefully this was a humbling lesson in how to LISTEN to others who have experience in something he doesn't and grow from there.

Wish you the best Mr Jm. I know this has been a tough experience. I went through the same thing when I came here and so did my wife. Outside of going over seas or moving back to NYC I will be here for a while. My clients are here and I have a few other things holding me back. Hope you are your kid find a happy spot. I will tell you this though. I know you are looking in broward. outside of it being a more anglo based environment, I assure you the same sucky service, rude people are going to be there. You may feel a bit safe moving to the areas you are looking in broward. However if you moved to a safe place in Miami you would feel just as secure. The traffic isn't as absurd in Broward as in Miami though so that is one thing you may like. Anyway cheers man, its almost the new year. Bigger and better things are to come my friend.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:50 AM

6,586 posts, read 4,351,145 times
This place being paradise is a relative term.

Income plays a big role here in Miami as well, more so than many other places.

Personally, I rather live here than anywhere else in the US.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:17 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,475,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
This thread is funny for nothing more than how people who are natives want to jump on a person for talking down about their city and in turn proving the OPs point of the poor behavior in S. Florida. Anyone thinking this place is paradise or who thinks this place has no negatives is either lying or has never lived else where. Not to say Miami isn't good for some people. It is, its just not for everyone just like every other city on the planet earth. Its called quality of life, people. For some it means one thing and for others it means another.

Now, OP did make the mistake of being a BIT on the arrogant side early on and even going as far as to make a two day (or was it two week) thread, tell people who have lived here a LONG time how wrong they are and how great this place is. Hopefully this was a humbling lesson in how to LISTEN to others who have experience in something he doesn't and grow from there.

Wish you the best Mr Jm. I know this has been a tough experience. I went through the same thing when I came here and so did my wife. Outside of going over seas or moving back to NYC I will be here for a while. My clients are here and I have a few other things holding me back. Hope you are your kid find a happy spot. I will tell you this though. I know you are looking in broward. outside of it being a more anglo based environment, I assure you the same sucky service, rude people are going to be there. You may feel a bit safe moving to the areas you are looking in broward. However if you moved to a safe place in Miami you would feel just as secure. The traffic isn't as absurd in Broward as in Miami though so that is one thing you may like. Anyway cheers man, its almost the new year. Bigger and better things are to come my friend.
I couldnt rep you - Dead on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami