U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-03-2011, 02:09 PM

1,099 posts, read 857,154 times
Default Marquis Condos

Has anyone toured these condos? What did you think of the views and what do you think of the neighborhood? How would you get Brickell (drive, cab)? I've looked at Icon, Epic, The Plaza, Jade, and the The Emerald. My favorites were Icon, Epic and Jade. However, I was thinking of looking outside Brickell in the hopes of improving my buying power. Input, please. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 04:48 PM

3,230 posts, read 3,992,211 times
Marquis is a very nice building. You could easily get to Brickell by using the Eleventh Street Metromover Station... it's right behind the building.

Personally the building is a little further north than I like; however, there are two things going for it:
1) It's a luxury building and 2) It's well positioned to benefit from Museum Park development. Assuming development continues and spurs from not only the economic recovery but also the Museum Park development, I think it has great future resale value. If Miami World Center (currently canceled, I believe) or something similar ever comes to fruition, that would add even more value.

Right now as it stands, it's a very beautiful building in an area too far north for my taste. I like downtown and Brickell right around the Miami River.

If you don't mind being out of the core a little, can look to the future, are in it for the long haul, and get a good deal, I think it's a fabulous place to live.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:10 AM

1,099 posts, read 857,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Marquis is a very nice building. You could easily get to Brickell by using the Eleventh Street Metromover Station... it's right behind the building.

Personally the building is a little further north than I like; however, there are two things going for it:
1) It's a luxury building and 2) It's well positioned to benefit from Museum Park development. Assuming development continues and spurs from not only the economic recovery but also the Museum Park development, I think it has great future resale value. If Miami World Center (currently canceled, I believe) or something similar ever comes to fruition, that would add even more value.

Right now as it stands, it's a very beautiful building in an area too far north for my taste. I like downtown and Brickell right around the Miami River.

If you don't mind being out of the core a little, can look to the future, are in it for the long haul, and get a good deal, I think it's a fabulous place to live.
Thanks for those thoughts. I agree with everything you said. I would prefer to be in Brickell, but I am not getting the pricing I want or the views. The Marquis location is not ideal, but the views look fabulous, I want a bay and city view, and the unit layouts are great. Of course the downside is that I will have to drive everywhere, but at least I won't have to drive far.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:03 AM

26 posts, read 33,225 times
check 900 Biscayne and Marina Blue too

prices are smaller, view is better, and you're closer to Brickell (also if few steps closer :-) )

Old 01-16-2011, 08:51 AM

3,230 posts, read 3,992,211 times
Adding in that if looking at a Marina Blue condo, units ending in -08 have the best views because they're corner units and have walls of glass looking out to both the bay and downtown/Brickell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami