U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: What do you LOVE most about Miami?
The Beach 27 39.71%
The Babes 19 27.94%
The Ocean 25 36.76%
Palm Trees, environment 34 50.00%
Biscayne Bay 19 27.94%
The Weather 28 41.18%
The Food 23 33.82%
The Nightlife 16 23.53%
The Skyline 18 26.47%
The Fun 15 22.06%
Other (Specify) 7 10.29%
Nothing - I HATE Miami! 9 13.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2012, 05:24 PM

158 posts, read 130,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I love the wild parrots and the summer rains.
These green guys right? They're cool, I especially like them on Lincoln Road. I've heard of macaws but never seen them myself. Peacocks are nice to see once or twice but they can be loud and are even worse than ducks for the "mess" they leave

Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 08:27 AM

6,313 posts, read 12,200,045 times
Yep those green guys, I don't get many of the black headed guys at my feeder. But I do get a lot of the one on the bottom center, the regular quakers. There's a nest on Lincoln Road I believe, pretty cool for the tourists to see and hear. I've heard a pair of macaws the last month or so fly over my house, it's pretty cool. When I worked in the Gables I used to see them daily. Yeah the peacocks are pretty cool, theres one in my area, I hear him every so often. But they can make a mess too.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:05 PM

3,263 posts, read 3,123,996 times
I miss Miami so much right now. Why did I read this thread? Back to studying for finals for me. It's 55 degrees and sunny here, but if I were to complain, people would look at me like I'm crazy. This is considered nice weather here.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:23 PM

1,259 posts, read 838,820 times
Ahh - 55 and sunny! That sounds heavenly! What spring weather should be. We have had an amazing last 3 days of weather in Miami. Cool evenings, warm days, but drier. Crystal deep blue skies. I fear this is the end of the road for us though. I'm sure the humid, sticky, oppressive heat is right around the corner. If we could have days like today all summer with some rain thrown in here and there, Miami summers would be soooo amazing!

Old 04-27-2012, 03:42 PM

419 posts, read 367,565 times
I love the whole cultural mix, the weather is great, the sky is very blue, the clouds are big and puffy, the water is clear and clean, the music hip hop/ electric, the girls, the skyline, aventura, coral gables, bal harbour, key biscayne, the food, the palm trees, the tropical feel, the swag / style it has, the shopping malls, the zoo , the aquarium, the sunsets, brickell, going on yacht cruises, the international feel, so much that i do like, I know it's not perfect, I know it has crime, but it is greatly improving and the city within the next 10 years will only get better!! pro's outweigh the cons to me.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:19 AM

249 posts, read 345,654 times
The veiw... Miami is beautiful but sucks in so many ways.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:24 AM

13,154 posts, read 12,229,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
Ahh - 55 and sunny! That sounds heavenly! What spring weather should be. We have had an amazing last 3 days of weather in Miami. Cool evenings, warm days, but drier. Crystal deep blue skies. I fear this is the end of the road for us though. I'm sure the humid, sticky, oppressive heat is right around the corner. If we could have days like today all summer with some rain thrown in here and there, Miami summers would be soooo amazing!
You gotta be kidding. Are you one of those people who thinks 65-75 degrees is hot?

Last edited by doggiebus; 04-29-2012 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: Please don't use red.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:55 PM

1,259 posts, read 838,820 times
No, I think the 90's is hot. Even the 80's is fine when it's not so humid like it was last week. But a sunny day in the 50's - that's fantastic! We barely had any days like that this year. Try to do any outdoor activity that doesn't involve swimming and it's sooooo much nicer when it's in the 50's or 60's and sunny. There has to be sunshine though. The older you get, the harder it is to do outdoor activities when it's hot. The cool weather energizes and invigorates. I don't like grey and dreary, no matter what the temperature. Like today - yuk.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:29 AM

8,252 posts, read 15,473,749 times
I love the fact that after each time in Miami, it makes me so happy I do not have to live there!

Old 11-17-2012, 11:33 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,011,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
I love the humidity and the tropical smell of the air, especially in August. I love that nearly EVERYTHING in miami picks up that smell. Somehow the humidity combined with the scent in the air even make my cigars taste better!

I love the radio stations! They completely clown the San Diego radio stations. I listen to Mix98.3, La Mega 94.9 and El Zol 95.7. It's Salsa Dance and Reggaeton the way I like it with a bit of Merengue thrown in for good measure.

I love being able to jump into a pool at 3:00 in the morning and how the water feels warm like bathwater. Even if the wind is gusting 20 to 30 knots, I won't feel so much as even a light chill when I get out! I love walking into my room with its damp aircon and marveling over how the moist texture and smell of the air makes it feel as if it's raining outside even if it isn't! The Damp aircon creates an extremely luxurious and relaxing environment for me and I love the way the sheets feel in that damp environment. I slept like a baby when I was down there.

The trees of Miami are amazing. It's a botanical freakshow!
The absurd hues of green there, hold me spellbound. It's a symphony of brilliant color and geometry, from the chiaroscuro shades of green, the effect magnified by the variegated cloud cover, to the competing geometries of the palm trees with their radial and bilateral symmetries to the "furry" mosses and ferns and waxy leaved trees with their strangling hanging vines. When you combine this with the white limestone/coral surroundings and add to that that the sun in South Florida seems to cast a more bluish white hue to the surroundings, amplifying the color saturation and accentuating the contrast, the resultant effect is that of a surreal dreamscape!
You said it! Upon returning to San Diego from Miami last week, I am listening to Mega 94.9 on my computer. I miss the warmth, humidity and beaches of SoFla.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami