Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 02:12 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times

Advertisements

Gays and lesbians in Miami are very friendly, not cocky or obnoxious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 10:18 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo2184 View Post
women are worst than men down here

they are too money hungry and want everything given to them
You sound like a Grade A misogynist. How are your relationships with female family members? I wish you luck in finding happiness in life

Old 02-01-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynwood View Post
I see.
I agree, used in that way it can become meaningless.
Kind of like perpetually paraphrasing every word out of your mouth.
That would be annoying.

However, bro can replace a first name/proper name. Instead of saying oye Luis this, oye Luis that, we substitute bro for it

A first name is not meaningless, and I see nothin wrong with a little first name repetition for emphasis with friends/colleagues of mine. If I substitute the name with bro, it's mostly a friendly vibe even if you're not happy with the other person or disagree, they're still a bro.

for girls I say chica or girl... some gringas don't like it, but most latina girls don't mind whatsoever as long as you say it in the right way/context
I find it annoying when someone calls me "chica" or "girl", but I realise that most people who do this don't know any better. To be frank, it just makes the speaker sound uneducated and to most people from the rest of America, its a bit disrespectful to refer to a woman as "girl" or in spanish "chica".

If a close friend of mine did this it would be fine, but a stranger or a co-worker, not so much.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:33 PM

12 posts, read 17,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
You sound like a Grade A misogynist. How are your relationships with female family members? I wish you luck in finding happiness in life
I've got three sisters and we all get a long very well. And I am very close with my mother, who is a great woman. But she was not born and raised in Miami nor the States for that matter.

And I have a hatred for women? Negative. I love women. But to find one that is actually worth their attitude and nonsense.....very hard in Miami. So assume as you wish but since you are a female, you may not see what men see or deal with.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:37 PM

12 posts, read 17,918 times
Pear, but I will agree with you on the "hey girl, Oye chica," phrases....very inappropriate if a man doesn't know you. I will mess around with my female friends but rarely to a random girl. It all depends.....

Old 02-01-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo2184 View Post
I've got three sisters and we all get a long very well. And I am very close with my mother, who is a great woman. But she was not born and raised in Miami nor the States for that matter.

And I have a hatred for women? Negative. I love women. But to find one that is actually worth their attitude and nonsense.....very hard in Miami. So assume as you wish but since you are a female, you may not see what men see or deal with.
Feel free to elaborate. The quality of men down here isn't as good as how it is in other parts of the world, but there seems to be some decent and date worthy men.

Most of the guys I notice in my daily life are in Publix wearing greased stained T-shirts, staring at me like a dog checking out a new bone. Creepy.

I'm starting to think Miami isn't the best city for dating. Its a good thing I'm too busy for that.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post

Most of the guys I notice in my daily life are in Publix wearing greased stained T-shirts, staring at me like a dog checking out a new bone. Creepy.
Take that as a compliment and enjoy the light as long as you can; you'll wish to have at least a crippled dog barking at you when you get old.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Take that as a compliment and enjoy the light as long as you can; you'll wish to have at least a crippled dog barking at you when you get old.
If its done in a nice way, fine. But when I say creepy, I mean creepy.

Some old ladies still have game. You should got to the Ballys Gym in Aventura during the day on a weekday, those retired ladies are killing it with the gents .

Old 02-01-2011, 11:23 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Aventuraaaaa **dreaming**

Maybe the guy was an black market organ seller... (Lots of russians in your area) .... a perverted person is the least of your worries

BTW, BY OLD I MEAN 45 + (THAT'S MY KIND OF WOMAN)

Old 02-01-2011, 11:27 PM

Hey! I'm part russian. Since when were russians involved with black market organs and such?

Anyways, that doesn't make me feel any better about the situation. Thanks for trying to comfort me tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami