U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 09:55 AM

6,704 posts, read 10,822,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
Its no where as bad as it was in the 90s
That is true for SO many cities across the states. The 90s was a TERRIBLE era.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 09:15 PM

147 posts, read 97,267 times
Aye boy 90's we ain't have no cable, no AC.
All the *****s that was my age back then was on bikes young an thuggin.
All the twenties an up was pushin cadillacs an chevies, and a lot more people lived hea.
People was arrested everyday, we used to stand outside and watch the police beat some one down (even running in they house- who know what happened). I still remember when the whole street watched the crackas beat the lady to a pulp behind 2ct, I was 5 back then. Man they beat that lady so bad, she was tryna run in her house to get away but there was two of them. We ain't have cell phones to record back then.
But now it look filthy on the outside and ****ty on the in.
My old girl and aunties and big cousins (all females) always say that this place look like ****, which confuse me because I always thought it was baddest back then. Maybe out was just harder to live quality wise back then and now the neighborhood look run down. I have heard a few white people say my Town look like a mini third world, and thank god it's only a few blocks. Makes me think what it would look like if it was the size of brooklyn or harlem.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:28 PM

13,339 posts, read 13,516,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overtown_Miami 17 View Post
Aye boy 90's we ain't have no cable, no AC.
All the *****s that was my age back then was on bikes young an thuggin.
All the twenties an up was pushin cadillacs an chevies, and a lot more people lived hea.
People was arrested everyday, we used to stand outside and watch the police beat some one down (even running in they house- who know what happened). I still remember when the whole street watched the crackas beat the lady to a pulp behind 2ct, I was 5 back then. Man they beat that lady so bad, she was tryna run in her house to get away but there was two of them. We ain't have cell phones to record back then.
But now it look filthy on the outside and ****ty on the in.
My old girl and aunties and big cousins (all females) always say that this place look like ****, which confuse me because I always thought it was baddest back then. Maybe out was just harder to live quality wise back then and now the neighborhood look run down. I have heard a few white people say my Town look like a mini third world, and thank god it's only a few blocks. Makes me think what it would look like if it was the size of brooklyn or harlem.
I was in Overtown a couple years ago. Parts of it still looked crappy, but they had just built some new Section 8 housing, and it looked kinda nice for being the projects.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:38 PM

1,184 posts, read 1,141,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrocrag View Post
Quote:
The burned-out buildings of Overtown are symbolic of the destroyed dreams of many Black youths unable to find employment, often because jobs for unskilled workers have gone to immigrants from Latin America.
This quote is the caption of a tear-jerker picture of two poor and unemployed black youths.

I wonder if Ebony magazine will run an update on this story to tell us the voting patterns of these victims of immigration. Surely they must be feeling betrayed by Obama's vigorous support for huge legal and illegal immigration.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:20 PM

147 posts, read 97,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I was in Overtown a couple years ago. Parts of it still looked crappy, but they had just built some new Section 8 housing, and it looked kinda nice for being the projects.
You talking bout the new Town Park area they built few years back.
I bet you didn't know how **** they looked on the inside and how bad the maintenance for them was that a couple years ago a pipe or something exploded and killed two little kids.
The people had to remodel the maintenance for thee inside of all the new town park units because they were falling apart on the inside.
Last I heard from a homegirl was that they still look bad inside and her boyfriends unit got a while in the wall so they can use the unit next to them for they big ass family. And all the kids just sleep where they wanna.
It like 14 of them.
Looks may be deciving bruh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami