U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-01-2011, 09:37 AM

1,024 posts, read 906,871 times

Advertisements

I see them but i usually just pass by them. Most of them don't want to be bothered. The ones i mostly saw are with their families and want some privacy
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 09:47 AM

10,263 posts, read 5,607,382 times
The only time I've ever seen a celebrity was during some music awards. We were not allowed to cross the street as he and his vehicle entourage were pulling up to a hotel.

I remember a lot of excited people and some of us were not so excited. Some were working and on their lunch break and couldn't cross the street to get to the store they wanted to get to. I couldn't cross the street to get to my bus stop, (ended up having to walk over 60 blocks to get home, further up the beach), so I was none too thrilled about this celebrity and his presidential type motorcade.

I don't even know who it was and frankly, didn't care. I just wanted to go home.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:03 AM

4,746 posts, read 4,902,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMama View Post
The only time I've ever seen a celebrity was during some music awards. We were not allowed to cross the street as he and his vehicle entourage were pulling up to a hotel.

I remember a lot of excited people and some of us were not so excited. Some were working and on their lunch break and couldn't cross the street to get to the store they wanted to get to. I couldn't cross the street to get to my bus stop, (ended up having to walk over 60 blocks to get home, further up the beach), so I was none too thrilled about this celebrity and his presidential type motorcade.

I don't even know who it was and frankly, didn't care. I just wanted to go home.
60 BLOCKS? That's like 3 hours or more.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
60 BLOCKS? That's like 3 hours or more.
I know. It took a long time and I was very unimpressed by the time I got home.

I was down near Ocean Dr and had to walk all the way up to 65th on the beach. I've not really cared about celebrities since then.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:06 AM

388 posts, read 525,995 times
If you do see them it will most likely be in South Beach. Or also when there is a big event down here.

I used to see them and interact with them quite frequently when I used to work security at clubs and on movie sets. Yes, most of the time they don't want to be bothered by fans. So I never really paid any mind to them unless they spoke to me.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:14 PM

Some of them don't want to be bothered but some of them do. If you don't to be bothered, don't make a huge spectacle about your arrival.

By the way, I don't know who the celebrity was, don't care but may be someone will know who this is. I don't even care to look it up for proper spelling: Sugar Night or Sug Night or Sug Knight...whatever, that's what the girls were screaming. And I believe there was a shooting at or around that hotel later...don't remember if it was that night or the next but I do remember thinking I didn't care because he didn't have to walk home in the dark for 65 blocks in the humidity. He really pissed me off with his cars.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:31 PM

1,323 posts, read 2,247,632 times
celebrities are douchebags! ive seen and met many of them in center city philadelphia. more often than not they dont want to talk or be bothered. which i can kind of understand, but hey, go work in an office if you dont want to be bothered...make 50k a year to push papers. sometimes its better not to pay them any attention.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:51 AM

3,250 posts, read 4,187,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMama View Post
Some of them don't want to be bothered but some of them do. If you don't to be bothered, don't make a huge spectacle about your arrival.

By the way, I don't know who the celebrity was, don't care but may be someone will know who this is. I don't even care to look it up for proper spelling: Sugar Night or Sug Night or Sug Knight...whatever, that's what the girls were screaming. And I believe there was a shooting at or around that hotel later...don't remember if it was that night or the next but I do remember thinking I didn't care because he didn't have to walk home in the dark for 65 blocks in the humidity. He really pissed me off with his cars.
That would have seriously ticked me off.

Some of them need to realize they're not spectacular and need a slice of humble pie.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:33 AM

8 posts, read 9,112 times
seen a couple while living in miami. you run into pitbull in every corner and my friend saw jay-z yest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami