Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:36 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,905,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Note to self:

Go to Miami Gardens... Make sure some sicko pervs at you... BOOST SELF-ESTEEM
I suggest circling the Mc.Donalds on 19th ave., theres a few loud mouth crackhead types that have a thing for youngins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Thats not really Miami Gardens, thats North Miami Beach.
Yes, most of NMB. I consider myself lucky to live east of US-1 in NMB, its like living in Aventura except everyone is nicer and there isn't nearly as much traffic.

That walmart on 163rd is a portal to hell. When you go there everyone looks miserable, like zombies in limbo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 12:09 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,133,060 times
If you think Publix is bad (remember, that's where shopping is a pleasure), try Winn Dixie. That store is a magnet for what is annoying about Miami. Granted it's not a Miami chain, but it is a perfect shiit storm of bad layout, bad selection, bad service, bad locations and shell shocked customers who will make shopping a nightmare. I guess t say sometihng positive, at least it isn't usually busy.

Publix are bad only because they are so crowded. It's the "nice" store where the employees are somewhat helpful...

I find that shopping at Wal Mart to be the worst. The parking lot is a mix of drag racing and people acting like they are on the Palmetto. Then inside, it is a mess, crowded and chaotic. People are checking out two cart loads per person and trying to break them up into under 15 items so they can use the express line. Sorry for the souls who went in to puick up a few items.

Shopping in Miami is not for the faint of heart. Too many nutty, aggressive and angry people out and about. Just be glad X-mas is over...people are somewhat relaxed now.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:14 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,192,944 times
Windixxies are always located in poor areas... maybe that's why??

but yes, nothing beats WALMART as the most disgusting place (but hey, it's my only source for everything)

Old 02-02-2011, 09:52 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,303,344 times
like: weather (It's 24 in Houston as I write this)
dislike: rude people

Old 02-02-2011, 09:52 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,491,246 times
Like: the beaches.
Dislike: reckless drivers.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
If you think Publix is bad (remember, that's where shopping is a pleasure), try Winn Dixie. That store is a magnet for what is annoying about Miami. Granted it's not a Miami chain, but it is a perfect shiit storm of bad layout, bad selection, bad service, bad locations and shell shocked customers who will make shopping a nightmare. I guess t say sometihng positive, at least it isn't usually busy.

Publix are bad only because they are so crowded. It's the "nice" store where the employees are somewhat helpful...

I find that shopping at Wal Mart to be the worst. The parking lot is a mix of drag racing and people acting like they are on the Palmetto. Then inside, it is a mess, crowded and chaotic. People are checking out two cart loads per person and trying to break them up into under 15 items so they can use the express line. Sorry for the souls who went in to puick up a few items.

Shopping in Miami is not for the faint of heart. Too many nutty, aggressive and angry people out and about. Just be glad X-mas is over...people are somewhat relaxed now.
Your post is so true, it made me laugh.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Windixxies are always located in poor areas... maybe that's why??

but yes, nothing beats WALMART as the most disgusting place (but hey, it's my only source for everything)
Maybe they tend to be in bad areas, but there is a winn dixie in the Sunny Isles/Eastern Shores area which is a nicer area.

I always go to walmart forgeting how terrible every experience I have had there has been.

It just puts me in a bad mood no matter how good of a day I'm having.

Targets okay, but I hate how its organized so that the stuff you need to buy is far away and the woman's clothes are in front. Oh target, how I hate thee.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:19 PM

You know what I hate about Wal Mart? there is a line ( for I don't know what) right at the entrance of the store. People stare at you with an intimidating look once you walk in - it feels like they are judging you... maybe it's me, but those disgusting faces they put can make anyone tremble.

I seriously prefer someone perving to my figure than judging it, or looking down to me as filthy poor or weak.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:24 PM

The skyline

Old 02-02-2011, 07:24 PM

433 posts, read 953,010 times
Oh Boy, here it comes:

Like: It really feels like home but without Castro.

Dislike: There is ZERO diversity besides the Latin/Hispanic culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami