Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 06:11 PM

564 posts, read 1,900,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
East of I-95 is where the huge mixture begins. I edited my post before you posted too.
Heh, you edit so much I often have to go back and re-read what you wrote.

But, yeah, east of I-95 is where the "magic" happens. That's my nice way of saying class clashes.

I'd love to see everything east of I-95 turn into middle to upper-middle class, while the coast remains strictly upper class, but I think that's a pipe dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 06:13 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eufo View Post
Heh, you edit so much I often have to go back and re-read what you wrote.

I'd love to see everything east of I-95 turn into middle to upper-middle class, while the coast remains strictly upper class, but I think that's a pipe dream.
Yeah, I like my edit feature too much .

I am indifferent as to seeing the East of 95 turning middle/upper class. I would just like to see the poor live in better conditions. If everything east of 95 turned middle/upper middle class, where would the poor go? Then again, it would be interesting if that area became where all of the families/etc live like todays West Broward (but of course with high population density), and west of University was the mix/clash.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:48 PM

564 posts, read 1,900,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
I would just like to see the poor live in better conditions. If everything east of 95 turned middle/upper middle class, where would the poor go? Then again, it would be interesting if that area became where all of the families/etc live like todays West Broward (but of course with high population density), and west of University was the mix/clash.
I would also like to see the poor live in better conditions, but how do we accomplish this? I'm not posing it to you directly, but more rhetorically. The way our society is built, we must have classes. There cannot be a rich without a poor, it's impossible. It's like having happy without sad. You don't get a choice, you get the gamut with your emotions package from God.

But I do think we can have classes without letting the poor areas fall into violent ghettos. I also think its desperately important that people of ANY class have the ability to be educated all the way up to a bachelor degree if they have the will to do so.

I'm a little worried that the rich of America don't want to recognize the symbiotic nature they share with the poor. The rich NEED the poor and vice versa. If the rich do not take care of the poor financially, then their world will also suffer (with violence and crime). We already see a lot of this, and it is bound to get worse if "we" don't better take care of one another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami