Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2011, 06:19 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
He? His? Who are we talking about?
it's supposed to be YOU, but I mistakenly wrote "his" as referring to the voice -by mistake of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 10:29 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
you are not alone. You got us. Your city data BBFs.
I'm kinda scared to ask this but is that "BBF" or did you mean "BFF", HR?

Old 03-24-2011, 10:32 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
Jeez HR, what's with the mask? Rough 'hood? I love your singing though. Kinda deep voice for a chick though?

Or maybe you're like a mellow Slipknot member?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fVE8...feature=relmfu

Old 03-25-2011, 01:10 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
I live near the edge of Shady Haiti in Homeless Hooker Heights. I'm between NE 50th-80th, just west of US1.
Wow, how did a mother from Texas end up there?

There is a great steakhouse in that area called El Torito, they may have changed their name to El Toro. You can get a churassco with two sides for $10 or Beef Short Rib for $16. They do a good job with the quality of the food to.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:11 AM

911 posts, read 1,713,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Wow, how did a mother from Texas end up there?
I'm a Dad first, then a Mom. The Miami way of doing business forced us here in spite of my best efforts to move to Surfside. The good news is, just 224 more mornings and we'll be waking in the 954 area code.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:21 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Jmlacy it wasn't Miami's fault that you ended up in the outskirts of little Haiti

You were told what to do in this forum and you chose to ignore our advice. You were told the area was undesirable. I told you that, other members did too. We are miamiams and we took time from our busy lives to post and try to help you

I told you(and other members) to get a hotel or short stay apartment and board the dog for a couple of weeks. We told you to get a storage unit since you had to move everything from Texas all at once

Take responsibility for your actions. Miami is not a person, people make mistakes, not cities.

And you wonder why I'm always annoyed by your posts? Because you insult a while city that has done nothing but try to help you. You make generalizations about the while city being like little Haiti when in fact it's not true. I know little Haiti, it's unfortunally an aweful place to live and the areas around it tend to be similar What happened to you could have happened to anyone in any city, but you didn't plan correctly you didn't get property? Big deal, look for another one.

Last edited by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥; 03-25-2011 at 05:30 AM..

Old 03-25-2011, 06:30 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,267,078 times
there must have been some reason he was tricked into living on the edge of little haiti. i mean no one drives into a bad ghetto and dials a number of the first rental they see. there must be more to that story.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:54 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
there must have been some reason he was tricked into living on the edge of little haiti. i mean no one drives into a bad ghetto and dials a number of the first rental they see. there must be more to that story.
According to his post, he never visited the area. A realtor sent him the pictures on the internet It was more like he moved to the first rental he saw ON THE INTERNET. He tried to make a deal in a surfside apartment that didnt go through because of his border collie. So what? We dont always get what we want, that's life.

It was poor judgment, no one tricked him. He needs to moveon and just plan better for his next move. But instead of researching new areas he spends all his time bashing Miami. He will make another mistake and blame south Florida again. Let me tell you how this will end He moves to another bad area in Broward and after his 24 lease is up he moves back to Texas.

Honestly in my opinion, I don't think he will ever like Florida and he will hate Broward as much as Miami. Florida is not for everybody. You either like it ir you don't.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:20 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,267,078 times
Lets try to be a little upbeat though. Maybe he'll make a better decision next time. Florida is different all over the place. Don't just mark someone as a bad person. He may actually be happier up there. Although I'll admit I've met a number of people who started in miami and gradually moved north a few times until they left the state altogether and returned to their state of origin.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:57 AM

911 posts, read 1,713,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
Of course there was. I was told it was upper east side. When I google that area it looked fine.

There is a map floating around that is marked with the good and bad areas. My area is listed as an "ok" neighborhood on that map that was made by someone on city data. Where is that map?

I was shown pics of the inside and outside when I was back in Dallas. I live in a nice house here and it meets 100% of my living requirements. That and I finally found someone in this hole that could get the deal done after loosing the place in Surfside and the second place in Aventura because the people I was dealing with didn't do what they said they would do. That Miami half assed shady business attitude got me for a 3rd time and my impressions of how Miami does business hasn't improved since.

Pick this house up and move it to a better area and I'd live here for years with zero complaints. But having Johns drop off hookers in my front yard is not my idea of a room with a view.

We knew moving 1258 miles away would come with challenges and we also knew that moving to our first place in solfo would not be ideal. What we didn't know was how un-ideal our first place would be and now we have our belly full of 3rd world Miami as a whole, not even moving to Star Island will keep me in this place. Lessons learned? Yeah, don't believe anybody in Miami and Miami is not for me.

I'm not the only one that has to deal with little Haiti being so close, Morningside and Miami shores has the same problem as just being blocks off from the bad. Where would you move? Midtown is no better, Design district? Oh please, we all the same problem until you get to the 120's here. Hell, even my next door neighbors don't shop at the Publix in the 50's and they've live here for 20 years.

If you want to live north of downtown, then you'll be living near the extra shady unless you go further north. North Miami proper blows for all of us and it's not just little Haiti but liberty city and overtown that spills over as well.

Princess wants to blame it on me but I didn't do anything to degrade the area and took what I considered a reasonable amount of due diligence. Great house I live in for sure, but I share the same problems with the rest of North Miami by living too close to the hoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami