U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-27-2011, 11:40 PM

162 posts, read 396,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Never take advice from chicks on how to pick up chicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Okay thanks, cause when I'm forty I'll be pining for 19 year old college boys and 30 year old men who think its approriate to make animal noises at ladies in the middle of the day. Thanks for the insight
Be a good girl & wait until you're 40 like you were told.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic_A View Post
I know what you all mean. I moved here with my friend of 7 years, and I told her that it is time for me to get my own place, which I have done, and now I rarely speak with her....and it's progressively getting worse. I don't what I did or if it's the culture, but I feel hurt. I have even tried to strike up conversations and they have been short....and she seems like she's depressed or something. Or maybe not. Shes always on facebook, and she constantly posting but barely responds to my comments anymore, but will respond to others. Maybe I'm being phased out, maybe I'm thinking too much about it.

Its sucks. She was my only friend that I have here. I still haven't made any other friends. Cubans avoid me, Black people look at me weird, and others ignore me. I'm that puzzle piece that just doesn't fit in.

It's only been 7 months though since I moved here.....and two months in my new apt. So maybe it's just a phase.
Pathetic, your friend doesn't give a crap about you yet you're whining over her on an internet forum. Have some dignity & move on, never cry over a person who wouldn't cry over you. I can see why you have no friends, if you walk around like the world is on your shoulder, people will pick up on it & react to you accordingly no matter what city you're in, forget the other "sympathetic" crap you're being placated with.

Last edited by LLOJ; 03-28-2011 at 08:56 AM..

Old 03-28-2011, 11:13 AM

1,799 posts, read 2,131,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLOJ View Post
Pathetic, your friend doesn't give a crap about you yet you're whining over her on an internet forum. Have some dignity & move on, never cry over a person who wouldn't cry over you. I can see why you have no friends, if you walk around like the world is on your shoulder, people will pick up on it & react to you accordingly no matter what city you're in, forget the other "sympathetic" crap you're being placated with.

Ease up there R. Lee Ermey.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:36 AM

4,160 posts, read 4,654,978 times
Quote:

Old 03-28-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
Ease up there R. Lee Ermey.
Keep trying tiger & one day someone under 40 will get your jokes.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:19 PM

221 posts, read 240,599 times

Old 03-28-2011, 05:39 PM

229 posts, read 350,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlueBlue View Post

I've lived Miami all my life, I'm currently in college here. I've never really fit in to the what seems the majority crowd around here. Partying, drinking, drugs are some things I've never seen the need to get into. However, this has left me isolated as I've seen it hard to find friends outside of these circles.

You're in College, I'm assuming your in your early 20s? You don't have to do drugs to have a good time and party. You live in Miami where the nightlife is INSANE. You have bars & clubs for all genres. THIS IS the time you should go out and party. While being responsible, you can still go out and have fun. 20s are the best years they say, go out there and enjoy, live a little because when you get to 30, it's just not the same. If you don't go out and try it out, you will never know if you ''fit'' in or not. It's not about looking and acting like everyone else, it's about being yourself and having a blast.

I'm an honest, responsible, caring human being. I've found it hard to find similar people of my age around here interested in friendship. This has also left me lonely.

Good for you, but then what? Does it mean you can't go out and have fun? You will find people interested in friendship, don't think negatively.

My social skills are decent, I smile, I always keep a pleasant, friendly demeanor. I can hold a conversation. I've joined clubs, I've tried meeting people everywhere.

What happened? You joined clubs and tried meeting people, how did it fare? You can meet people everywhere, nightclubs, beach, street, restaurants, social gatherings. It's not hard. Especially that you say you have a good attitude, it shouldn't stop you.

I still find myself alone, more so than ever before. And as this spring break dawns upon me, I feel alone in a world where every other college student is having fun with his friends. At the point in my life where I should be having the time of my life. I'm not. I'm just here, sitting on a computer, withering away, no idea what to do, pondering how to resolve my misery.
I don't want to read that, go out! You have the beaches, an exciting nightlife, lots of activities to do. Here's how you solve it, ask your friends at school out and go enjoy. Get off your computer and live a little. It won't hurt. Once you see you start enjoying going out and get the groove, everything will be fine.

Meanwhile, watch this movie and realize you don't want to be like this guy and GO OUT AND HAVE FUN!

Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NlXu...eature=related

Old 03-28-2011, 06:18 PM

609 posts, read 570,999 times
Quote:
Wow, did someone hurt your feelings? Bruised ego? I see you trollin', dey hatin.....

Old 03-28-2011, 07:02 PM

1,799 posts, read 2,131,294 times
I think he tryna catchya ridin' dirty!

Old 03-28-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic_A View Post
Wow, did someone hurt your feelings? Bruised ego? I see you trollin', dey hatin.....
Well, that pretty much reinforces my deeming you pathetic, but hey, at least you tried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami