Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 05:45 PM

106 posts, read 221,730 times

Advertisements

"Alright guys, we're gonna start our own new gang right now, We need a name that sounds tough, intimidating, and will let people know not to F with us"

*guy raises hand in corner*

"Baby Folks?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 05:53 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralsex View Post
"Alright guys, we're gonna start our own new gang right now, We need a name that sounds tough, intimidating, and will let people know not to F with us"

*guy raises hand in corner*

"Baby Folks?"
Hhahahhahahahah

Old 04-17-2012, 04:24 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrocrag View Post
Kendall did have some gang problems during the 90's. Braddock had gang issues when it was an overcrowded mess before Varela & Ferguson were built. I remember being at a store in Town & Country and some kid ran into the store bleeding from a stab wound he got during a gang fight, this was in the early 90's. Why gangs pop up in a middle class area like Kendall who knows but there you go.

Yeah, you're not. Black gangs in Miami are usually neighborhood "crews" but they don't have the structure & organization you see in gangs in LA or Chicago. Then you have Haitian gangs like Zoe Pound who've been around for more than a decade. You'd see Zoe Pound members selling CD's of their music outside gas stations in North Miami in the late 90's. It seems like they hired a publicist or something though because they've been featured a few times on those gang documentary tv shows recently.
Yeah they have an article about the past gang violence in Kendall. And even then, most of those Latino gangs in those middle-class areas were homegrown gangs(with the exception of Latin Kings of course). They have an older article from Miami New Times about that time period in Kendall when gang violence was rampant at and actually pretty real at Braddock. They say there was something like 24 homicides in The Hammocks in one given year due to the violence:

Rich Thug, Poor Thug - Page 1 - News - Miami - Miami New Times

And not only has Zoe Pound been featured on Gangland, but Palm Beach County's own Haitian gang named "Top 6" was also on Gangland. Both gangs tooted themselves as a rap group. Zoe Pound members are still selling CD's and apparently deported members are wreaking havoc in the Bahamas:

http://www.bahamaspress.com/2010/05/...23-since-2009/

Old 04-17-2012, 04:31 AM

202 posts, read 567,889 times
I would rate Miami News just alongside National Enquirer. Miami News is a pamphlet written by liberal crackpots and acid heads that think that Hitler is alive and lives in Hialeah.

No gangs in Latin Miami, a lot of punks with an attitude, but NO gangs.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:20 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buahh View Post
I would rate Miami News just alongside National Enquirer. Miami News is a pamphlet written by liberal crackpots and acid heads that think that Hitler is alive and lives in Hialeah.

That's more of an opinion than a fact. These gangs may not have been on the same level as some well known, organized gangs, but to deny their existence is absurd. I read the article, but would love to see yours that could refute everything said in the Miami New Times. I don't care if they're liberal or conservative. They stated facts, while your post is merely an opinion (of denial).

Old 04-17-2012, 08:38 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
this thread is on fire.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:40 AM

202 posts, read 567,889 times
The fact that some "middle class - high middle class" Hispanic kids from Kendall mimic Latin Kings or Ñetas does not mean a thing. They are just like those wiggers you find in affluent communities elsewhere.

Miami News is a pamphlet written by a bunch of histerical and hyperliberal left wing crackpots. They were particularly virulent against anything Cuban and now they are particularly virulent against anything Latin.

They are capable of finding "Cuban mafia", "Latin criminals" and "Latin Kings" inside their matzo balls.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:01 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,140 times
Quote:
The fact that some "middle class - high middle class" Hispanic kids from Kendall mimic Latin Kings or Ñetas does not mean a thing. They are just like those wiggers you find in affluent communities elsewhere.

Miami News is a pamphlet written by a bunch of histerical and hyperliberal left wing crackpots. They were particularly virulent against anything Cuban and now they are particularly virulent against anything Latin.

They are capable of finding "Cuban mafia", "Latin criminals" and "Latin Kings" inside their matzo balls.

Again, let's define what a gang is, what a gang does then take it from there. They were gangs. As hard as it is for you to swallow that bitter pill, it is what it is. They were violent, and formed their gangs.They sold drugs, killed, had fights between rival GANGS, so in Laymen's term, these were gangs.

Maybe the idea that they were "middle class" Hispanics bothers you, but it does not mean they were not gangs, or violent. I'm sure you'd be less sensitive if it were Black or Asian, right? Stop being in denial.

Take off your blinders, and see it for what it is. I'm sure if they were talking about the same article in "Atlanta Times" about black middle-upper class kids or an LA version of Miami Times, with Asian gangs from well to-do families, you wouldn't bat an eye. Get over it.

They were gangs, and kids from well to-do HISPANIC families. (from what I see, that's what's bothering you. A young Jewish (lib) owned paper exposing things that may embarrass you. I read between the lines).

Old 04-17-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:

Typical South Florida gang denial. They said the same thing within the Haitian community also. "Those quiet Haitian kids? No way!!! I don't Believe it!! Not in SoFla!!" Alot of denial until the bodies started piling up and the drive-by's became common place. By then it was too late.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:

Like I said before, these gangs aren't the most feared in Dade County, nor are they responsible for an overwhelmingly majority of murders. I even said if you go to the worst areas in Dade County with the highest murder rates(Opa-Locka, Liberty City, Little Haiti, Miami Gardens, Overtown, etc) these gangs are nowhere to be seen. And using your logic, Miami News Times isn't Liberal at all and is just as anti-black, because they have PLENTY of older articles on African-America/Haitian drug gangs in Miami's past and present:

Shooting Down The Street From Churchill's Pub Leaves One Dead, One Injured - Updated - Miami News - Riptide 2.0

The Murder of Master Do - Page 1 - News - Miami - Miami New Times

Miami Johnny Charles, Angel of Death - Miami New Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami