Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 06:32 PM

911 posts, read 1,713,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
Never mind the dog!!!! Beware of the OWNER!!!!! http://www.city-data.com/forum/18637540-post92.html
The idiocy could have been traumatic if I didn't know my dog didn't have a tumor and even if true, something like that is was worthy of a call from the Vet not a secretary. Here's another close encounter of the ridiculous kind.

My dishwasher went out and the landlord called home depot to order the same model. They were supposed to be out before 5:00 pm and call me when they were on their way. They showed up at 9:00 without calling and once they got it in the house, this is how the conversation went from the the GE certified technicians.

Them: We can't install the dishwasher because the plumbing is wrong.
Me: How is it wrong? It's the same model.
Them: The wiring is wrong.
Me: What wiring? It just plugs in under the sink.
Them: We're late to our next appointment so we'll load it back on the truck and you'll have to get a plumber to fix the plumbing and schedule another delivery.
Me: Just leave it in the middle of the floor.

The next day I got a handyman to install it with no modifications at all.

Miami is the land of "you cannot be serious" and the price we pay for living in the Bermuda Triangle.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:33 PM

911 posts, read 1,713,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Why do you make fun of the homeless? God forbids you end up in the same situation as them.

One thing is trying go avoid them, but you have taking this to a new level. You know jmlacy, whether you are a troll or not , whatever you are you have an ugly personality. Maybe The guy in the picture is not very attractive, but YOU look far worse on the inside. Your negativity and constant "higher than thou" comments speak volumes of your true character
I think the difference in you and I, is while you're watching Glen Beck, I'm watching Stephen Colbert.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:44 PM

769 posts, read 1,730,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
The idiocy could have been traumatic if I didn't know my dog didn't have a tumor and even if true, something like that is was worthy of a call from the Vet not a secretary. Here's another close encounter of the ridiculous kind.

My dishwasher went out and the landlord called home depot to order the same model. They were supposed to be out before 5:00 pm and call me when they were on their way. They showed up at 9:00 without calling and once they got it in the house, this is how the conversation went from the the GE certified technicians.

Them: We're late to our next appointment so we'll load it back on the truck and you'll have to get a plumber to fix the plumbing and schedule another delivery.

Miami is the land of "you cannot be serious" and the price we pay for living in the Bermuda Triangle.
Typical Miami right there... lazy a** "technicians" . Too bad you had to pay extra money for the handyman.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:04 PM

146 posts, read 225,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optional Angel View Post
Has anyone else noticed this? It seems that the most professional this city gets is working at McDonald's. There's really little to no corporate culture, as in a large number of the population that is white collar, middle class, commute downtown, etc. like you would expect of pretty much any other city in the country. There are only like 3 actual office buildings downtown, the other 100 are condos... Just an observation.
Uhmmm...no. I work in consulting/professional services. My firm's largest office in the state of Florida is located in downtown Miami, and anybody dressed inappropriately or behaving like a miscreant will be shown the door. This is not an exception. Businesspeople in Miami are like businesspeople in New York, LA, Chicago, or wherever else.

3 actual office buildings downtown? Not to be impolite, but I think this strips away the OP's credibility in and of itself.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:22 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,706 times

Thats why we do everything ourselves.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:43 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGator487 View Post

3 actual office buildings downtown? Not to be impolite, but I think this strips away the OP's credibility in and of itself.
Yeah, that's what I thought too.

only 3 office buildings in dwtn?........ you better be joking!!!! The guy must be living in 2008!!

As of 2010 we already have 4 office buildings in downtown!!!... and I'm not counting the one planned for 2013 - that's like 5 buildings right there!!!

Old 04-08-2011, 08:01 PM

769 posts, read 1,730,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Yeah, that's what I thought too.

only 3 office buildings in dwtn?........ you better be joking!!!! The guy must be living in 2008!!

As of 2010 we already have 4 office buildings in downtown!!!... and I'm not counting the one planned for 2013 - that's like 5 buildings right there!!!
Oh well I was only off by one, big deal. The one for 2013 was already cancelled, didn't you hear? At least there's 2 new ones approved for 2025 That's 6 then.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:36 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Although not opened yet, BFC can be counted as 0.5 since it's destined to be an office building. It might not be working now as office but eventually it will... it's the thought that counts.

That'd make 3.5 current buildings.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:31 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post

Your post seemed to have nothing to do with what you quoted from me.
When I said "Never mind the dog!! Beware of owner!!" I was referring to Manolon's post where the giant-scary-over-muscular guy is hovering over his Mastiff. There's a hyperlink that I hoped people would catch. And now here it is again> http://www.city-data.com/forum/18637540-post92.html

Old 04-09-2011, 12:43 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,883 times
The vet thing is beyond belief!!! A real head shaker! And she kept calling you Julio!!! LOL! I get that kind of treatment whenever I have to deal with a tech in India!(Which is nearly every time I deal with a tech)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami