Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 08:05 AM

911 posts, read 1,712,822 times

Advertisements

Just had a Miami moment.

Took my dog to the vet last week because he's been scratching after get got back from the groomer. The vet gave my dogs some pills and thought it was just an rash from the grass and did no other exams.

My dog is still scratching, so this morning, I call the vet and ask to schedule an appointment because the pills are not working. I'm told they will have to call me back, which was fine.

A few minutes later the clinic calls back. Here is how the conversation went.
Me: Hello, this is ____
Them: Hello, Julio?
Me: This is ____ , not Julio,
Them: I have wrong number?
Me: I did call the clinic this morning are you calling back to schedule my appointment?
Them: Do you prefer Spanish or English
Me: English Please
Them: Ok, Julio, the doctor thinks your dog has a tumor.
Me: ((sigh)) May I speak with someone else please?
Them: Ok, hold please

The phone goes dead, she cut me off and didn't call back.

WTF moments are everywhere here. It's the dumbest place I have ever lived.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:29 AM

810 posts, read 1,578,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
She said people of Miami complain a lot, and nobody seems happy with the weather no matter what the weather. Then she said, "People of Miami complain a lot about everything and not just the weather".
WOW you and Miamians have a lot in common then. Maybe you were always a Miamian at heart....

Welcome back home

YouTube - Glen Frey - "You Belong to the City" from "Miami Vice"

Old 04-07-2011, 10:29 AM

221 posts, read 452,953 times
Today, the dumb betch at Subway who was making my sammich was rude as hell and wasn't paying attention. I had to repeat myself multiple times and then she even tried to toast my sammich that I didn't want toasted. Occurrences such as this are totally normal around here.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:08 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,471,139 times
Yesterday I watched an episode of Kourtney and Khloe take Miami. They opened a store on SoBe and have a few employees one of which is native to Miami. Everything everyone talks about on this thread is exactly how the Miami girl behaved. Comes to work late, talks on the phone instead of helping customers, even lied and told a customer the store was closed despite his protest that it said open till eight pm and it was 10 of. She tells him get out (you're not alone, winterfront) and pushes him out and locks the door to the shock of her coworker from California. Kourtney and Khloe both ***** her out and she retorts "You're off your turf - you can't bring Calasbad here. You're not gonna just show up and suddenly make everyone around here happy ... etc". I'll have to post that later. The true Miami retail syndrome caught live on the Kardashian show.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:42 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,937,891 times
Maybe part of the reason for lack of corporate culture in Miami is that people spend to much of their precious time worrying about customer service...time that could be spent more productively. Don't like the service, then take your business elsewhere. Some of us would run a red light to save 2 minutes, then go back home and spend a half hour trying to reach Best Buy customer relations. Complaining about small things could easily become a part-time job.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:42 PM

769 posts, read 1,730,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
Yesterday I watched an episode of Kourtney and Khloe take Miami. They opened a store on SoBe and have a few employees one of which is native to Miami. Everything everyone talks about on this thread is exactly how the Miami girl behaved. Comes to work late, talks on the phone instead of helping customers, even lied and told a customer the store was closed despite his protest that it said open till eight pm and it was 10 of. She tells him get out (you're not alone, winterfront) and pushes him out and locks the door to the shock of her coworker from California. Kourtney and Khloe both ***** her out and she retorts "You're off your turf - you can't bring Calasbad here. You're not gonna just show up and suddenly make everyone around here happy ... etc". I'll have to post that later. The true Miami retail syndrome caught live on the Kardashian show.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:35 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
Just had a Miami moment.

Took my dog to the vet last week because he's been scratching after get got back from the groomer. The vet gave my dogs some pills and thought it was just an rash from the grass and did no other exams.

My dog is still scratching, so this morning, I call the vet and ask to schedule an appointment because the pills are not working. I'm told they will have to call me back, which was fine.

A few minutes later the clinic calls back. Here is how the conversation went.
Me: Hello, this is ____
Them: Hello, Julio?
Me: This is ____ , not Julio,
Them: I have wrong number?
Me: I did call the clinic this morning are you calling back to schedule my appointment?
Them: Do you prefer Spanish or English
Me: English Please
Them: Ok, Julio, the doctor thinks your dog has a tumor.
Me: ((sigh)) May I speak with someone else please?
Them: Ok, hold please

The phone goes dead, she cut me off and didn't call back.

WTF moments are everywhere here. It's the dumbest place I have ever lived.

OY MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2011, 08:14 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlueBlue View Post
That's not the right attitude to have.
I didn't say it was my attitude. I'm saying it appears to be the attitude of many in this city. "I'm only paid $7.50 an hour, I don't care about my job, then."

But it's not just a raise, employers must learn to treat their employees better. That also means get rid of the bad apples because the bad apples do affect everybody else in the workplace.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:19 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
I saw that episode but I don't take that show at face value especially because of the episode they did when they were "lost" in the Everglades. What a total lie that show was.

First of all, it took them three hours to get from Dade Corners to about 5 miles down the road.

Second, the "camp" they stayed at, when they ran out of gas, (which, Dade Corners is a fricken gas station..how do you run out of gas in 5 fricken miles?), it was all set up previously. The two guys on that show know some of my co-workers and they told us all about it after the show. (They weren't allowed to say anything until it aired.) It was a total and complete made up script.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:47 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,471,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMama View Post
I saw that episode but I don't take that show at face value especially because of the episode they did when they were "lost" in the Everglades. What a total lie that show was.

First of all, it took them three hours to get from Dade Corners to about 5 miles down the road.

Second, the "camp" they stayed at, when they ran out of gas, (which, Dade Corners is a fricken gas station..how do you run out of gas in 5 fricken miles?), it was all set up previously. The two guys on that show know some of my co-workers and they told us all about it after the show. (They weren't allowed to say anything until it aired.) It was a total and complete made up script.
Well, yeah of course, they have some script to the show. But I do think the Miami girl did a really good job acting like herself. Almost as if it were second nature?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami