Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 10:45 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,939,956 times

Advertisements

OP: which city were you in? (Pinecrest?) Making the right turn into the left lane is a quite a petty violation on its own (well, provided there was no cross traffic and it was safe to do so). Were all 3 tickets from the same intersection? Perhaps you would have got a warning, except that you ran the stop sign at the same time and didn't have insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 11:01 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,475,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
OP: which city were you in? (Pinecrest?) Making the right turn into the left lane is a quite a petty violation on its own (well, provided there was no cross traffic and it was safe to do so). Were all 3 tickets from the same intersection? Perhaps you would have got a warning, except that you ran the stop sign at the same time and didn't have insurance.
IF you guys haven't figured it out yet, the deal is that when the economy goes pot and towns need $$ they start telling the cops to hand out tickets to shore up the budget. So these are the days to be good if you like your green in your wallet not theirs.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:11 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
My mother's husband received 3 TICKETS! on the same day 1 for making a right turn to the left lane, 2nd for not stopping clearly in a stop sign, 3rd for not having insurance ().

The funny thing is he says he didn't violate anything and that the cops are just stopping people randomly to look for money, but when i was under his wing (in my teens) he did ALL of that (didn't stop fully in a stop sign, made a right turn then changed to the left lane instead of staying in the right lane when you make a right turn).

What is it with this city? it's like people forgot everything they studied before they passed the driving test .
Wouldn't this be your father ? I believe I have seen the police do 2 of these 3 violations, I bet they don't ticket themselves or each other.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:29 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,195,335 times
I didn't want to mention it at first, but I lol'd @

My mother's husband
but when i was under his wing (in my teens) he did ALL of that

It sounds like I HATE YOU, YOU TOOK MY MOM , MUDDA****A!!! NOW IT'S PAYBACK TIME, BIACH!! hahahaha

Old 04-16-2011, 07:01 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,492,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Wouldn't this be your father ? I believe I have seen the police do 2 of these 3 violations, I bet they don't ticket themselves or each other.
No.

my mother separated from my father years ago.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:04 AM

769 posts, read 1,730,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Ticket themselves?? Are you crazy! Why would they do that??

I don't know why you're mad about the tickets, the right turn and stop sign one seem like petty violations as you said, but it's still the law. It's not up to your stepdad to decide which laws he thinks he should obey, lol. Driving without insurance is pretty serious though, he should have gotten more than a ticket...

Old 04-17-2011, 09:32 AM

He's lucky the cop gave him a break. I had this discussion with him last night about it.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:38 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,800,032 times
Driving without insurance is very, very common in SFL. I have not heard of anyone having their car impounded solely for not having insurance - its always some lame excuse of a "mixup." I think its one of the reasons insurance rates are so high, the uninsured motorist coverage.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:41 AM

There are tons of people in SFL who drive with no insurance, the thing is they drive so carefully that way they don't get stopped by the cops.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:55 PM

253 posts, read 434,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
In Miami people seem to speed and weave in and out of lanes more than other places
Agreed, those are the primary problem areas, along with ignoring red lights for a minimum of 5 seconds.

I hadn't been involved in an accident in nearly 30 years until last September when a young woman combined both faults on Miller Road, zapping from lane to lane at ridiculous speed. She cut in front of me from the right at the most asinine angle I've ever seen, a guaranteed accident. Two relatives who were in my car still talk about it.

The young woman was Hispanic, in a hurry to get to a restaurant, and when the cops arrived she seemed quite confident she could talk her way out of it and make me the guilty party. She called them aside and spoke in Spanish only. The lead officer was a female with an Hispanic name.

But no one is going to out talk me. I provided full matter of fact detail to both officers including a little sketch of what happened. Imagine my delight when the officers called miss priss aside and ticketed her. The young woman screamed in disbelief and threw her arms in the air in protest. Obviously she has zig-zagged through narrow openings her entire driving life and sees nothing wrong with it. I loved it when the female officer spelled out that you are supposed to leave one car length per every 10 mph when changing lanes. The woman had allowed perhaps 3 inches per 10 mph, no exaggeration.

Months later I received a notice in the mail that the woman had protested her ticket and a hearing was scheduled. Apparently there were other incidents and her license was at stake. It was far away in Cutler Ridge but luckily I had the specific day off. She was stunned to see me there, and the impressive judge took it so seriously he allowed me to provide great detail. I even knew the speed limit on that road and where the signs with the changing speed limit were posted in either direction, making her lawyer look like a fool when he made a related argument minus the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami