Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 06:08 PM

8 posts, read 23,704 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My Wife and I will be relocating to the Miami area for a job offer I have recieved. We currently live in Las Vegas so i am not concerned for the weather change other then dealing with possible Storms.

We would like some info on were we should live. I will be working in Doral and I have heard that the Miami lakes area is close and actually very nice to live in. We would much rather spend $1,100-$1,200 on a 1 bedroom apartment in a very nice area that is close to work then a bigger place in a worse area with a further commute.

Any info that can be given would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again in advance for everyones help.

Tommy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 07:53 PM

9 posts, read 23,976 times
it's a very good area!

Old 04-26-2011, 07:57 PM

769 posts, read 1,730,065 times
It's probably the best area in the NW. You will not find a cheaper place that is safe that close to your work. I say go for it. Although I do not know what you would rank as "safe" over in Las Vegas, it might be different in Miami. Still, Miami Lakes is probably the only place in the county where I would feel safe walking around. Also, you will find Miami is more humid and slightly warmer than Las Vegas, especially in the winter, along with all the storms. Also, the temperature usually stays stable throughout the night, so it's 85 degrees at 3 am.

Good luck.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:46 PM

Thanks, 85 at 3am..Summer time in Vegas at 3am is 100 lol, but no humidity. What is a good price for an apartment in Miami lakes 1b/1ba. Also is the public transportation good in that area. Thanks again.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:08 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times

YouTube - Main Street Miami Lakes

Old 04-27-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntwolf07 View Post
Thanks, 85 at 3am..Summer time in Vegas at 3am is 100 lol, but no humidity. What is a good price for an apartment in Miami lakes 1b/1ba. Also is the public transportation good in that area. Thanks again.
A 1b/1ba should not go over $1000. Depending on the actual square footage somewhere around $650-$950-1000ish. And I didn't know that, I thought that you guys had colder nights because of the dry air. Bear in mind this 85 degrees is also in the middle of January.

And the public transportation in Miami Lakes is absolute crap. There's a couple bus stations but they're always late and go nowhere. You're going to need a car.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:12 PM

Default Update

Ok, well i have called several of the properties in Miami lakes and most don't have any 1bed rooms. Also if i was to get a place close to miami lakes anyone have any suggestions. Thanks again for all the help.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:49 PM

96 posts, read 210,045 times
Where are you actually calling? Rental offices? See the listings from owners, real estate agents, etc because there's way more beyond the rental communities. Search the areas around NW 67th ave, NW 154th St (Miami Lakes Dr). There's also some newer MDU's within 2-3 miles away from Miami Lakes in Broward County in the Miramar area. I'm not too familiar there, but driving around it looks nice.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:24 AM

Try looking for listings online and refine the search to just 1b/1br's. If not, there are a lot of apartments just north of Miami Lakes, in unincorporated Dade county. I see tons of apartments driving down NW 67th from the Palmetto to Miami Gardens Drive.Check out that area.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 AM

136 posts, read 481,419 times
I find it hard to believe there are no 1 br apartments available in Miami Lakes. The link below will take you to a website that belongs to The Graham Companies. The Graham family founded Miami Lakes back in the early 1960s, and their company owns many of the apartment buildings within the Town of Miami Lakes. Do not confuse the Town of Miami Lakes proper with surrounding areas. Many people use the term "Miami Lakes" to refer to the area in general, but you want to be in the Town proper. The surrounding areas are considerably less desirable. I lived in Miami Lakes for six years and enjoyed it. Very green, winding residential streets, well-maintained. Let me know if you need any additional info.

Miami Lakes Community
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami