U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-05-2011, 04:36 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,959,615 times

Old 05-05-2011, 05:08 PM

323 posts, read 296,056 times
I live on the top floor of a new(ish) condo building. When I moved in there were a lot of others moving in at the same time. My first or second weekend there I saw (and smelled) smoke coming out of the windows of the unit below me. I ran downstairs and banged on the door to see if everything was okay. It was opened by a startled couple with an angry-looking man dressed all in white standing behind them. I had interrupted a Santeria house-cleansing (or something) ceremony. I didn't know this at the time, of course, I just knew that I had interrupted *something.* Awkward!

I also love the sound of Creole. The voice of an educated Creole speaker (you know what I mean) is like music and sometimes when I'm driving home I listen to the school board report in Creole for that very reason.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:09 PM

780 posts, read 785,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
I'm totally with you on that! great post!
Thanks! I was just sharing my own personal observations. Glad to see I'm not completely nuts.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:16 PM

96 posts, read 101,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrodinger's Kittens View Post
I live on the top floor of a new(ish) condo building. When I moved in there were a lot of others moving in at the same time. My first or second weekend there I saw (and smelled) smoke coming out of the windows of the unit below me. I ran downstairs and banged on the door to see if everything was okay. It was opened by a startled couple with an angry-looking man dressed all in white standing behind them. I had interrupted a Santeria house-cleansing (or something) ceremony. I didn't know this at the time, of course, I just knew that I had interrupted *something.* Awkward!
When you start finding dead chickens, etc know it came from them!

Old 05-05-2011, 06:33 PM

Chickens! I would worry about the goats!

Old 05-05-2011, 06:33 PM

2,217 posts, read 2,112,509 times
Quote:

I also love the sound of Creole. The voice of an educated Creole speaker (you know what I mean) is like music and sometimes when I'm driving home I listen to the school board report in Creole for that very reason.

duuuuude. they burn mercury in those!

Old 05-05-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I know! It sounds so cool.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
duuuuude. they burn mercury in those!
For real? Not good. Do they use it to generate a lot of smoke so it looks more impessive?

Old 05-05-2011, 06:56 PM

2,217 posts, read 2,112,509 times
Quote:
For real? Not good. Do they use it to generate a lot of smoke so it looks more impessive?
i dont know how much but theyll have it in amulets, burn it in homes over candles, burn it in cars. etc. they buy it as quicksilver at botanicas.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...qi=g1&aql=&oq=

Old 05-05-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago33 View Post
When you start finding dead chickens, etc know it came from them!
Quote:
Chickens! I would worry about the goats!
If chickens or goats have been involved, I haven't seen any here. But when I used to have to go to District Court, once or twice I saw dead-bird offerings outside the courthouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami