Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 08:32 AM

67 posts, read 342,187 times

Advertisements

I read an article that said Miami is only good for young singles, and if you're married with kids, don't move there. I was wondering if this is true, should you not move to Miami if you're married with kids? I'm leaning towards moving to Denver because it's family friendly, I love camping and being outdoors. Should I choose Denver or is Miami family friendly? The article also said once you move away from Miami its hard to like anywhere else. Thanks for any replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 08:42 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times
Miami is very family friendly. You simply have to make the right choices and be able to afford a decent lifestyle to appreciate Miami.

There are plenty of eco-activities to do in South Florida (more in the winter than in the summer.)

Old 05-21-2011, 11:39 AM

1,946 posts, read 5,384,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Miami is very family friendly. You simply have to make the right choices and be able to afford a decent lifestyle to appreciate Miami.

There are plenty of eco-activities to do in South Florida (more in the winter than in the summer.)
Agreed. There are great family-friendly neighborhoods here, but what's best for you may depend on what you can afford.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:43 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,883 times
For the love of all things sacred, DON'T move to DENVER!!!!!!! Your kids will hate you! I would have killed to grow up in Miami. Instead, it was Colorado, that black hole of a state!

Old 05-21-2011, 12:19 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Your kids will resent you if you move them from New York to let say... Idaho or Miami. But if they are born and raise in Dallas or Denver, they won't, cuz they won't have any frame of reference regarding what's like to live in a lively place.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:49 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,267,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
For the love of all things sacred, DON'T move to DENVER!!!!!!! Your kids will hate you! I would have killed to grow up in Miami. Instead, it was Colorado, that black hole of a state!
if you grew up in miami today youd likely be a thug with no future.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:20 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,671,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
if you grew up in miami today youd likely be a thug with no future.
Likely? Sorry, but the great majority of people I know that grew up down there (including me) are not thugs; but rather, normal, well-adjusted people. As for today's youth, my mother and sister are both public school teachers and most kids are (still) good kids. It's always a small minority of kids/people that cause trouble/crime; by no means the majority or anywhere near it.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Likely? Sorry, but the great majority of people I know that grew up down there (including me) are not thugs; but rather, normal, well-adjusted people. As for today's youth, my mother and sister are both public school teachers and most kids are (still) good kids. It's always a small minority of kids/people that cause trouble/crime; by no means the majority or anywhere near it.
i was only speaking of today's kids. ive met some well adjusted people who grew up here but i dont think that happens anymore. soon as they hit theyre teens its all thugs and hoochies. i dont see very many exceptions.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:51 PM

67 posts, read 342,187 times
So I'm getting the sense it's not that great for families? Is anywhere in south Florida, like maybe boca or wpb? Or is Denver the better option?

Old 05-21-2011, 02:11 PM

yeahok: i would say its increasingly not good for families. the further north the better. orlando is probably your best option within the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami