U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 09:57 PM

4,149 posts, read 4,056,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetabriana6 View Post
hi,
i'm new here,
can you tell me about this forum?
Yes, Hi Briana, well this is the Miami Forum. We talk a lot about Miami, we answer any questions you may have about Miami, and we have a lot of attitude and talk a lot of crap because of course this is Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 10:20 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,804,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
Where exactly? Sure, go into Hialeah or Little Havana speaking English and you won't get far, but again, in any of the desirable neighborhoods for people from outside Miami/Latin America, restaurant staff speak English.

doral or pretty much any place south of the airport. go to any mini mall restaurant and you'll have difficulty communicating. this has been my biggest hurdle in trying all the latin cuisines. the incredible awkwardness of not being able to communicate.

understand most of the Miami I experience is doral and south of the airport. I visit north Miami less than i visit broward. coming from homestead it is easier to get to broward than out to the beach and 95 is very very out of the way.
Yes this is annoying if you don't have someone along who can order for you. Then again you generally need someone to tell you which places are good and which aren't, so it can be a wash anyway.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:51 PM

13 posts, read 15,060 times
Hello to all, the comments are interesting it seems many of you have only had the misfortune of seeing one side of Miami. Let me first back up and give some back ground on myself I was born in New York but raised in Miami for 19 yrs. moved back to New York and raised a family for 15 yrs. Now I am back in Florida I have experienced many areas of Florida, central fl., west coast and of course the east coast especially miami. Many of are correct I agree that if you are in south beach and many areas along the beaches people seem a certain way. Yet beneath that superfacial surface lye some wonderful down to earth people. But the same can be send for New York go to tribeca or soho you see much of the same. These trendy well to do areas sometimes do seems this way but when you dig deeper than just scratching the surface you will be pleasantly suprised. I should know I am 41 father of 2 great kids by they they live on the beach and drive average cars,work and go to college. Besides do'nt forget Miami is an international attraction and we import our snobs. I say embrace it all and everyone that is what keeps it interesting and remember (Gracias) means thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami