Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 12:55 AM

9 posts, read 14,610 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am planning to move this summer from Croatia to Key Biscayne and right now I am in the process of gathering information for the “small” things that I will need to take care of and for some of those that I don’t know how they are setup in the states at all.

1. Health insurance: What is usually the process of getting health insurance? What are the things to pay attention to? What are the companies to go with? Is there a good web site to compare the various providers? How much can I expect to pay for me and my family per month (me 36 years, my wife 34 years, son 11 years and a daughter that is 6 years old)

2. What is the best ISP in the Miami area, especially Key Biscayne? I am looking for fast speed, maybe with TV and phone in the package but not necessary. How long does it usually take to get that service activated? Would it be a good choice to take everything from one provider like AT&T (internet, phone, mobile phones…)?

3. I am planning to buy a Lincoln Navigator or something similar when I arrive. How much is usually car insurance for such a car and are there any other obligations to be paid for a car. What is the process of getting the car insurance and can you recommend companies to go with?

4. Right now I have a German driver’s license and I heard that the car insurance is lower with a US driving license. Is that true? What is the process of getting a US drivers license? I am driving for 18 years.
Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 04:02 PM

9 posts, read 14,610 times
Maybe I should have split my questions over several threads?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami