Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:18 AM

385 posts, read 1,889,823 times

Advertisements

you can't really use kendall as an idea on what miami-dade is about. i live in miami and i don't really even feel as if kendall is in miami-dade, it's appearance gives it more of a broward look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 09:26 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,672,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackklight View Post
you can't really use kendall as an idea on what miami-dade is about. i live in miami and i don't really even feel as if kendall is in miami-dade, it's appearance gives it more of a broward look.
that may be true, but lets turn that around, and say you can't use Little Havana as an idea on what miami-dade is about too.

I'm not denying that there isn't a large Hispanic population here in South Florida--more so than in other parts of the USA. They're the fastest growing minority in the USA having now surpassed blacks in sheer numbers. white people can move to alaska if they don't like, but our country is changing.

Some like to say that Miami is a reflection of what the USA will become. I have no idea if that is true, and would like to think that it's not the case. One thing is for sure....if I was going to relocate to another country where English was not the primary language, I'd probably want to learn the native tongue.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:43 AM

actually, you could say little havana is what miami-dade is about. there are a lot more areas which are bad over good. need an example?

carol city
liberty city
overtown
opa-locka
little havana
little haiti
wynwood
miami itself
brownsville

versus what?

kendall?
aventura?

Old 08-09-2007, 12:01 PM

483 posts, read 1,542,959 times
^^^Just by looking at a map all the bad areas you said are in the North east/central part of the county, surely there has to be alot more better parts to such a massive county.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:14 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,240,515 times
Fort Lauderdale, there is a 2005 census? I heard they only do it every 10 years, are you sure those are the 2000 numbers or 2005?

If so this is news to me!

Old 08-09-2007, 12:22 PM

483 posts, read 1,542,959 times
PBCboy, the census does occasional estimates, figuring it with population and demographic trends in the area, but those estimates are sometimes way off, alot of times worse then the official census they do every decade.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:25 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,240,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerMan View Post
PBCboy, the census does occasional estimates, figuring it with population and demographic trends in the area, but those estimates are sometimes way off, alot of times worse then the official census they do every decade.
Interesting to know. Too bad so many people aren't even counted in the data (those who don't want to fill out the info for it or illegal immigrants). If someone was going to move to Lake Worth the census would be way off, it says it's only 30% hispanic while now the majority of the population there is Hispanic...

Old 08-09-2007, 12:27 PM

tannerman, overtown and allapattah (which i didn't list) are in central. if you go to the south of dade you have homestead and florida city, florida city being like the poorest city in florida probably. so no, although i'm not too familiar with south south florida, i doubt it's any better.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:19 AM

4 posts, read 10,908 times
First of all , I've never expected so many people to reply.......proof that there are decent people living in Miami (I would say most of them).Then I would like to thank to all af you who bothered to reply: stat3man , blackklight , Tridad(what ancestry do you refer to?) , pavchek (hello neighbour) and unixpilot(I know what you mean about Roma) , and the others.
I should have realised that statistics , numbers , reports.....don't usually tell the whole story.

P.S. My significant other half moved to east Hollywood so I supose everything is all right now.

ThanKs again

Old 08-10-2007, 09:23 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,672,748 times
my family roots can be traced back to England--ancestors came over in the late 1800's on the HMS Doric
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami