U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-23-2011, 12:20 PM

3,219 posts, read 3,718,696 times
You must have missed it

Miami Condo Lifestyle - Miami Communities

Direct:

Brickell Condos For Sale

Note that some Brickell buildings (i.e.- Brickell on the River) are located in the "Miami River" sub category for some strange reason. Brickell Key is also separated from the rest of the Brickell section.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 12:21 PM

Oh, and direct to 500 Brickell,
500 Brickell Condos For Sale

And currently listed rentals in the MLS,
500 Brickell Available Units for Rent from Multiple Listing Services - MLS

Old 06-23-2011, 01:02 PM

8 posts, read 6,220 times
Coconut, you are a gentleman and a scholar (unless you're a woman, then gender-norm that line lol). I was using the "search" feature and didn't see brickell, all that grad school edumakation and I still end up an internet idiot lol.

From what I've seen, 500 Brickell looks pretty nice so far. A little pricier, but it's ocean-front, and that's always a plus.

Coconut, the link you sent me, does that cover all the condos/apartments in Brickell? I'm asking because I plan on using that list when I head down to Miami to check places out, and don't want to risk missing any possible locations

Old 06-23-2011, 01:47 PM

Aw, thanks. Don't worry about it, it's easy to overlook things!

Downtown and Brickell are both on the bay, not the ocean. The only reason I mention that is because although it is a bay, there are no swimming beaches. I don't mean to be rude in the correction, just pointing that out if by chance you thought you could walk down to the sand and surf from your apartment. (I mean, you can, but you'd have to walk over to Miami Beach)

It does not include everything, but does include most of the new buildings. There are some buildings left out, for example, the purely apartment One Broadway (no condos, only apartment rentals) as well as Camden Brickell and some others. I imagine this is because the MCL site is really a site where the people want to sell condos, not really lead people to apartment rentals.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:53 PM

101 posts, read 91,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfan058 View Post

Wuaname, could you give me more info on 500 Brickell? I checked out the site but the contact button isn't working. Do you know what their price ranges are?

Thanks again y'all. This has been a huge help!
I was / "am" in your shoes.. I went and looked at some properties in Axis, Icon, and 500 Brickell. I was looking at 1/1 and 500 Birickell gave me more for my $. I went through a realtor I found on Craiglist. I have to find his name, he is all over Brickell. I was looking at these 1/1 in the range of $1,500 - $1,700. 2/2 no less than $2K to $2.2K for "reasonably" priced units.. of course they go up way much higher than that.

Keep an eye on what percent of your NET salary you are going to be spending on your rental.. As I said I am in the same boat.. I kind of say "was" b/c I think I am priced out of Brickell ..

FYI< AXIS is too far from Mary Brickell Village to walk over. I preffered something reasonable, water view, and walking distance to Mary Brickell Village.

Camden - a Rental building is cheap.. BUT NO view.. If you don't care, take a look at it, but the other building are far superior.

Check out craiglist.. just type in Brickell on the search, TONS of apartments on there.. good luck..

ALSO, there are some very nice apartments NORTH of Brickell, ie downtown miami, biscayne blvd.. BUT you have to be careful, as they are very close to where the afro americans live aka ghetto... BUT awsome water views. As long as you don't plan on walking outside, you get a bargain.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:41 PM

8 posts, read 6,220 times
Coconut, thanks for the clarification. While I knew it was the bay, I kind of thought it was still a beach to some extent and you could swim in it, just not a popular one by Miami standards. Also, I think that list will be more than enough. I checked out One Broadway's site and got some info from them, and their prices are pretty steep. I'd rather just stick to the condos in Brickell. Besides, it just feels more "adult" saying I live in a condo rather than an apartment lol.

Wuaname, you are a soldier of information (as are you coconut, no jealousy wars here lol). Thanks for all that info man, it is definitely appreciated.

In regards to Axis being far from Mary Brickell Village, isn't it a little less than a mile away? That's actually not bad for me, I'm used to walking that distance (I've walked 2.5 to class before, you get used to it lol). Plus, the fact that it's right by the metro is a big selling point, as I plan on using the metro to get to work. It doesn't hurt that it's a couple blocks away from Blue Martini and a few other bars (I'm 27 and just dumped my satanic ex-girlfriend, going out is a big deal for me right now haha).

I will agree though, something with a water view is ideal. It's classy, and a friend of mine got an ocean-front property in the Mark Yacht Club and she loves it. The thought of having a beer while staring at the ocean from my balcony is pretty appealing lol. Maybe walking a few blocks to the metro would be worth it, especially if the price is right on some of those locations.

I am very well aware of biscayne boulevard, and would rather not mess with it. I don't live in the classiest of neighborhoods now in Gainesville, but I always justified it by saying I'm a poor student and wouldn't have to live here forever (someone got shot in my neighborhood last year... by the cops in a stand-off... definitely not the best place to live). Now that I have a decent job with a scheduled salary increase 9 months after I start, I'd rather not sell myself short and just live directly in Brickell and actually enjoy where I live.

Once again, thank you all for the help. It has been a huge help, and I actually have a list of places to check out, as well as some preliminary expectations on what to look for. Now all I need is for whatever complex I move into to be full of young women eager to put out, and I'm golden lol

Old 06-23-2011, 10:25 PM

Axis is too far to walk to MBV from?!?

Axis is one of the better situated buildings in terms of walking to MBV, having access to Metrorail and Mover and also having at least a partial view of the water.

I simply cannot imagine somebody saying Axis is too far from MBV. Literally, it's a block a way. One block.

As far as other buildings in Downtown and Midtown being in the ghetto or being unsafe to walk from, that's not true. Downtown buildings are perfectly safe (although there's not as much around them as in Brickell) as are Midtown buildings.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:20 PM
r_k

737 posts, read 890,495 times
Search for rentals at realtor.com, using the zip code for Brickell (33131)

I like this search page also, gives you a lot more detail than most:

http://www.miamicitydiggs.com/search...-condos-homes/

Old 06-25-2011, 01:17 AM

101 posts, read 91,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Axis is too far to walk to MBV from?!?

Maybe I am thinking of Icon? Which one of the two is north of sw 8 st ON the river? I had gone to see so many... Whichever is the one on the river, it's too far to walk to MBV... especially at night, you'll get your as)s mugged in that walk.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:14 AM

Could be... or it could be Neo Vertika, Latitude or Brickell on the River.

I've stayed at Icon for a few days and yes, it's a couple blocks from MBV, but it's still certainly walkable. I did it at night, too (alone) and didn't feel unsafe or see any unsavory characters lurking in the shadows.

Brickell is very safe and I wouldn't hesitate walking around at night. Downtown? Well, not outside Biscayne Blvd, unless I was with some other people.

To both you and the OP, Brickell on the River is in a good location to get the MBV if you don't want to make the walk since it's next door to Metromover (they should have connected the station there with the building, same with Axis!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami