Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 11:16 AM

8 posts, read 11,735 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I looked through the forums to try and get some insight, but a lot of the posts seem to be geared towards buying, whereas I'm looking to lease/rent.

A little about me: mid 20s, fresh out of grad school, new job starting at 50k.

Price Range: 1500 max

I would prefer a crowd closer to my age (I spent the last year in grad school living in family housing with a bunch of married couples that had kids, and it sucked). I heard Axis is pretty good on the "youthful" crowd, and I like that it's really close to the Metro-Rail. But what other locations are recommended in Brickell at my price range?

If you need anything else from me, let me know. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 03:01 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,322,033 times
You also might look at Infinity, Plaza on Brickell, and Brickell on the River.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:39 PM

Thanks for the reply Coconut!

I haven't moved to Miami yet, and obviously I'm going to check the places out personally when I get there, but I want to get a good idea of where to start looking.

I checked out the sites and called for brochures, but I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience on what these complexes are like? I'm not just talking the demographic living there, but also how are the layouts of the apartments? Are some of them too small and overpriced compared to others? etc.

I'm gunning for a 1 bedroom, but I'd like at least a decent-sized living room, and a pretty decent looking place (if I'm gonna shell out 1500 a month, it better look decent and have some amenities to boot). Patio/Terrace is a must.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:49 PM

I personally like loft apartments better because you really have a nice division of space with the bedroom(s) being upstairs and everything else down.

Infinity is lofts as is Brickell on the River, South Tower. Infinity lofts can be quite cramped, though, if you get the smallest unit. The building is also emptier than others. I like its location best. It is also more affordable than other buildings.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:01 PM

Do you happen to know the price ranges? I've looked online and called the locations earlier today, but had no luck with some of them.

I've been using this site as a guide: http://www.miamicondoinvestments.com/miamicondorankings Are there some locations in particular I shouldn't even waste my time with? I imagine Icon and Jade are just obscenely expensive. Also, are there some that don't lease? Those won't work for me either.

I'm also willing to go above the 1500 if it's a really good deal (like a 2 bedroom corner with an enormous terrace or something). But considering I'll be making about 4k a month, I don't think going above 1800 is a good idea.

Here's what I have (maybe you or someone else could fill in the blanks or correct me where I'm wrong?):

- Axis - 1/1 - 734 sqft (+190 sqft b/c of balcony), $1475+
- Infinity - 1/1, ?? sqft, $1400-1500?
- Brickell on the River - ??
- Plaza on Brickell - ??
- 1550 Brickell (what's the deal with this place?) - 1/1, 750 sqft, $1420
- Vue (what's the deal with this place?) - 1/1, ?? sq ft, $1250?
- 1060 Brickell (I heard this is another youth spot) - ??

Old 06-22-2011, 04:35 PM

433 posts, read 953,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfan058 View Post
Hey all,

I looked through the forums to try and get some insight, but a lot of the posts seem to be geared towards buying, whereas I'm looking to lease/rent.

A little about me: mid 20s, fresh out of grad school, new job starting at 50k.

Price Range: 1500 max

I would prefer a crowd closer to my age (I spent the last year in grad school living in family housing with a bunch of married couples that had kids, and it sucked). I heard Axis is pretty good on the "youthful" crowd, and I like that it's really close to the Metro-Rail. But what other locations are recommended in Brickell at my price range?

If you need anything else from me, let me know. Thanks!

Hey, I know you stated Brickell, but are you interested in considering other places? Because I just got a sweet deal in Doral for 1200; utilities included (Electric, Water, Wi-Fi, Cable). The apartment is amazing and if you are in the hunt there is a plethora of beautiful 20's early 30's South Americans and Europeans. Let me know.

Doggie I am not a realtor!

Old 06-22-2011, 04:41 PM

I am most definitely in the hunt lol, so some "beautiful babies" (Swingers) are definitely a big plus when considering where I want to live haha.

I want to live in Brickell because I like how everything's within walking distance, and I could take the metro to work (I've become a huge fan of not needing a car ever since I got rid of mine to go to college). I also like the upscale "young professional" atmosphere in Brickell and the fact that you're not far from the beach or the grove. I especially love the amenities some of these places in Brickell have. They look like you live in a hotel!

That doesn't mean I'm not open to exploring though. Where's this place in Doral? If it's really that good of a deal, it's always worth checking out.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:03 PM

Try,
Miami Condos for Sale | MiamiCondoLifestyle.com

The ranges you posted look at little low for the most part... Keep in mind to look at inclusions when you go to rent (i.e.- cable, Internet, electricity, water, etc.) if a unit includes electric, that's a big ticket item.

You won't find a 2/2 for that price, most likely.

Don't rule out any building, even Icon.

I wouldn't live out in Doral... You'll be missing and far away from everything that makes Miami great.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:31 AM

108 posts, read 230,650 times
Stick to Brickell. Take a look at 500 Brickell.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:32 AM

Yeah I figured I wouldn't find a 2/2 for that price, I was just giving an example. I don't mind living in a 1/1 as long as it's in a good building, the apartment's nice, and the price is right (aka, not above 2 grand a month).

Thanks for the link, I'm gonna look through it now (too bad it doesn't have "brickell" as an option, oh well).

Wuaname, could you give me more info on 500 Brickell? I checked out the site but the contact button isn't working. Do you know what their price ranges are?

Thanks again y'all. This has been a huge help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami