Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 04:30 PM

420 posts, read 823,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
Cixcell, I have to applaud you again for being one of the true 'voices of reason" on this forum, sames goes for Chelito. I left MeAme over 4 months ago and have never been happier. Yes, it took me a while to decompress and adjust, but not even Philadelphia, for all its bad press seems anywhere near as bad as the obnoxious a**holes that I'd encounter in Miami every single damn day.

Driving in Miami alone has probably shaved several years off my overall lifespan, thank you 305! Thankfully though, I won't be cremated in Miami when I die, even if it's 10 years earlier than I would have died had I never have lived in your awful city.
About the only good thing Miami did to me was to toughen me up and make me generally more badass and less prone to being ripped off or scammed.

As long as I am living and breathing, I will continue to tell the truth about Miami; it's perils and pitfalls. Of course, nothing I will say will prevent countless people from being suckered in and taken for mugs by the palm trees, sunshine and the allure of the Latin culture there, which at first glance (and I say "first glance" very meaningfully) seems more interesting and exciting than mainstream US culture, until you you realize that the Cubans in Miami are basically just Spanish speaking rednecks, just as racist, just as ignorant and just as insular as Billy Bob from Tennessee or Peggy Sue from Texas.

I will say this, as foul and evil an experience as it was, living in Miami made me appreciate normalcy, peace and orthodoxy a whole lot more. I now live in a not so great part of Philly, yet I can get a good night's sleep for less rent than I was paying in Miami. I can go to the local, privately owned grocery store just down the block from here and buy Florida oranges in better condition and for less than I paid for them in Publix! I can also sit and enjoy a bit of bathroom time without hearing "ey bro" Miami degenerates talk about taking a ****, f***king some ho and I can be around fellow guys in their early 30's who don't think that the only form of entertainment is hittin' da club or driving on 826 at 110 mph, drunk.

Miami, I do not miss one single aspect of you at all, sorry. I don't miss your overly macho, disgusting pigs of men that made me so ashamed to be male for a while that I contemplated cutting off my balls and I don't miss the overly prissy, intellectually vapid women who, if I were stuck on a desert island with and were told that the only way the human race would survive is if I impregnated them, I would have also cut off my c*ck n' balls.

Some of you bash cixcell, but the guy speaks the truth. This is a forum in which people come for honest opinions. Anyone considering moving to Miami should read and re-read both cixcell and Chelito's posts.
Yes, a lot of people in Miami are complete tools and I detest them, I will not lie, but honestly it sounds like you moved from a Miami ghetto to a Philly ghetto, and neither residences sound that tantalizing. I'm sorry but I don't think that's the type of experience many well-off people looking to Miami want to hear about the "real Miami." Hardly anyone financially sound in Coral Gables or Brickell would complain about Miami degenerates, as they are in nice areas.

Oh and btw I just drove back from Queens to Long Island and saw the scariest, most violent driving in my life. Miami is nothing in comparison.

Toughen up, man.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:24 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,492,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheHellMan View Post
Yes, a lot of people in Miami are complete tools and I detest them, I will not lie, but honestly it sounds like you moved from a Miami ghetto to a Philly ghetto, and neither residences sound that tantalizing. I'm sorry but I don't think that's the type of experience many well-off people looking to Miami want to hear about the "real Miami." Hardly anyone financially sound in Coral Gables or Brickell would complain about Miami degenerates, as they are in nice areas.

Oh and btw I just drove back from Queens to Long Island and saw the scariest, most violent driving in my life. Miami is nothing in comparison.

Toughen up, man.
Miami has been rated one of the worst cities in the nation to drive, what are you talking about?

Old 06-25-2011, 05:30 PM

What I'm talking about that traffic congestion, road rage, aggression while driving, etc are still pretty bad in Miami when compared to some Midwestern "city," New York drivers are a different breed of bad. Only thing I would say that Miami does that's pretty troubling is blowing past red lights and since there are a lot of highways, people speed 100mph+ consistently.

Usage of strange, skewed statistics does not tell the full story of anything. Driving is something that is hard to define because many people take different approaches to level of aggression and ability to drive carefully. If Miami is rated one of the worst cities in the US to drive, NYC is worse for the simple fact that NYC is a gridlocked, dense urban area and Miami is essentially just a string of suburbs. Population in NYC during a weekday during normal working hours likely exceeds 12 million, much more than Miami, and trust me, the drivers there are aggressive and avoid accidents generally, but the way they do it is insane.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
What I'm talking about that traffic congestion, road rage, aggression while driving, etc are still pretty bad in Miami when compared to some Midwestern "city," New York drivers are a different breed of bad. Only thing I would say that Miami does that's pretty troubling is blowing past red lights and since there are a lot of highways, people speed 100mph+ consistently.

Usage of strange, skewed statistics does not tell the full story of anything. Driving is something that is hard to define because many people take different approaches to level of aggression and ability to drive carefully. If Miami is rated one of the worst cities in the US to drive, NYC is worse for the simple fact that NYC is a gridlocked, dense urban area and Miami is essentially just a string of suburbs. Population in NYC during a weekday during normal working hours likely exceeds 12 million, much more than Miami, and trust me, the drivers there are aggressive and avoid accidents generally, but the way they do it is insane.
Stopping at a red light and waiting for it to turn green is a pain in the behind especially if you're the type of person that hates throwing gas away. They will do anything to try and not stop in the red light.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:51 PM

Yeah of course stopping for a red light sucks but I'd rather:

1. Not kill myself
2. Not kill others
3. Avoid interactions with the police
4. Not look like a douche

And you know what? Maybe I'm just being a snob but I don't care if I lose some gas and cash because I choose to stop when I am supposed to stop. I'd rather play it safe and I am not concerned with saving $10 a year from running red lights.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Yeah of course stopping for a red light sucks but I'd rather:

1. Not kill myself
2. Not kill others
3. Avoid interactions with the police
4. Not look like a douche

And you know what? Maybe I'm just being a snob but I don't care if I lose some gas and cash because I choose to stop when I am supposed to stop. I'd rather play it safe and I am not concerned with saving $10 a year from running red lights.
People just don't care. 90% of those people got their licenses by paying for it in the traffic school. That's why they run stop signs, drive way above the speed limit, Hit-and-Run accidents etc, AND THEY STILL COMPLAIN ABOUT THE COPS STOPPING THEM!

My mother's husband was given 4 tickets on the same day and then another one because his motorcycle-scooter's headlight was hanging and was sent to traffic school. He has no education and paid for his CDL License, he says he studied for it but it's a lie because he can't drive for NOTHING.

The Immigrant population in Miami refuses to assimilate and change their ways like many Immigrant does when they arrive, that's why this city is the way it is and unless they change this will always be one of the cities in the nation with the most road rage.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:14 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Stopping at a red light and waiting for it to turn green is a pain in the behind especially if you're the type of person that hates throwing gas away. They will do anything to try and not stop in the red light.
That's ridiculous! You hardly save any gas at all. I break every other law, but that's one law I will abide by, unless I'm in a high speed chase!

Old 06-25-2011, 06:50 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
This is what most of what you can do here is go home and yell out your window. I'm

YouTube - ‪Network - Mad as hell‬‏

Old 06-26-2011, 12:00 AM

932 posts, read 1,177,400 times
Quote:

Toughen up, man.
Miami...you either become it, or hate it and eventually have to leave it...

FYI, I actually lived in Coral Gables (not far from Miracle Mile). I also don't live in a ghetto here as Philly is as dangerous as Miami in that sense.

It's difficult to buy yourself a sense of peace and quiet in Miami. The bad element are everywhere; rich, poor, black, white, Cuban, non-Cuban. I came to the conclusion that ethnicity really didn't matter. Most of the good people left and were replaced by bad people. Now when I use the term "bad people", I'm not just referring to criminally bad. I'm talking snout people with no morals, manners, respect for others. Men in Miami, most of whom were pigs, women were no better either, each gender enabling the awful traits of the other.

I did not make one single friend in Miami. That was really no loss, considering how generally flakly and manipulative many people were towards my STBX wife (one of her so called friends almost ruined our honeymoon). I could never have broken into any of the cliques, even if I wanted to. I know that's also a reflection on me, but I had no desire to make male friends, considering that most men I encountered were loud, ignorant macho pigs, who give the rest of us men a bad name (those of us who don't need to act like human pitbulls, jacked up on testosterone).

Toughen up? That's funny, but expected. No amount of "toughness" could have allowed me to tolerate even one more month in Miami. I was so desperate to get out that I packed my **** and left, spending nearly 3 months sleeping on an air mattress in my friends' spare room. Trust me, I put more than a few *******s in their place during my time in Miami. The funny thing is for all that anger and aggression, most people there are either all talk, or they're so mentally unstable that they'll shoot you over nothing (which is why I tried my best to avoid confrontation as nothing is worth getting shot over).

I disagree still about the driving too. Nowhere in the developed world has as many drivers who simply choose to be reckless just because. Bad drivers are everywhere, but Miami drivers are not only aggressive, they also don't have the skill level to drive that way and the cops never did **** about it. New York is insane to drive in, but you don't have to drive.

Toughen up? No....I just got tired of Miami and her chaos. I guess it's fine when you're young, but after a while, you just get tired of it all; the constant (unnecessary) honking, unprofessionalism and favoritism at work, the prevailing lack of respect for others, the lack of places to just chill out in peace and quiet, the crazy drivers, lack of cultural diversity....you get the picture.

Personality changes: well I'm happier now than I've been in almost a decade. I stopped taking the anti-anxiety pills and I seem to have more of a desire to be out of the rat race than ever before. I also walk or use mass transit as I don't like driving anymore (Miami made me hate cars and driving in general).

Miami: I wish you good luck. I hope you and your people grow up one day so that you can reach your true potential. Me, I'm just too jaded by our last "experience" to ever want to give you a second chance. Besides, I'm a "four seasons" kind of guy who stops at red lights.

Last edited by Glasvegas; 06-26-2011 at 12:25 AM..

Old 06-26-2011, 12:21 AM

163 posts, read 316,437 times
Miami drivers are just...dumb?

With the exception of highways, all the roads are straight. No hills, no snow, no ice, no sharp turns...or any mix of such. In that sense no matter how psychologically impacting the drivers of miami can be...its just as bad elsewhere due to other driving conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami