Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 09:06 AM

1,946 posts, read 5,384,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I remember back in the 1960 and 70's there were over 50,000 car fatalities a year happening on US highways, just as many lives being lost in Vietnam war, now all those 50k fatalities couldn't have all be in Miami.
Shh, they'll know the secret.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 09:18 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,493,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
You might as well say there is no hope for the USA, how does that Chinese go again.
Chinese drive better, they drive slow and with care. We drive like animals, running stop signs and red lights. Atleast the Chinese drive with timidity which helps them to drive carefully.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:38 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Chinese drive better, they drive slow and with care. We drive like animals, running stop signs and red lights. Atleast the Chinese drive with timidity which helps them to drive carefully.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:38 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,267,078 times
dude.. somebody died in that

Old 06-27-2011, 12:01 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
That accident look like liked two balls in the side corrner pocket with the cue ball and stick following it.

Man that was horrendous.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:32 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeee View Post
I'm in Austin and New York several times a year, driving in Austin is the same hassle while in New York it can legitimately be scary. There's nothing wrong with reminding everyone that it is the same elsewhere. That doesn't mean something doesn't needs to change. I remember several years ago while I lived in St. Louis there was a string of hit and run accidents involving bicyclist that galvanized the biking community much like it has happened in Miami the last two years.
The only reason that even comes up on this website is because a select few are so over the top and absurd with their rhetoric.

Here are some facts - Department of Transportation study from 2003 that was made public recently

Nationally 4% of all deadly crashes involved a hit and run driver (worst states are CA and NJ, they have stats high as 7.8%)
Nearly one in five (18%) pedestrians killed in America are hit and run victims.
Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for children and teenagers in the US

That is America for you. I can also get together a bunch of news articles on car crashes in any city in the country.

ATLANTA
Gwinnett cops seek driver in fatal hit-and-run | ajc.com
8 people ejected from SUV in crash | ajc.com
Illegal immigrant charged in Gwinnett teen's crash death | ajc.com
Woman, 74, ID'd as crash victim | ajc.com
Wrong-way driver kills one, injures two in Gwinnett crash, police say | ajc.com

HOUSTON
Hit-and-run driver connected to officer's death reportedly flees again | abc13.com
Police search for suspect in alleged hit and run attack | abc13.com
Girl, 8, killed in car accident in W. Houston | abc13.com
Chain reaction of accidents leaves 1 dead, 5 hospitalized in north Houston | khou.com
Alcohol believed to be a factor in 2 fatal crashes | Chron.com

PHILLY
Report: Car found in 7-11 hit-run case - Philly.com
6 injured in two-car crash - phillyBurbs.com
'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn dead at 34 after car crash outside Philadelphia | nj.com
SEPTA security cameras captured the Wednesday morning accident - Philly.com
Your very first set of links to "prove" what you're saying aren't on the same weekend. They were April 24, May, June 9, June 24 and June 25. The OPs POINT was that this all happened on the SAME weekend, NOT spread out over months.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:51 PM

399 posts, read 719,824 times
I saw a motorcycle versus car accident about 3 weeks ago. The guy in the motorcycle didn't make it. He was plastered to the street. Miami has some of the most retarded drivers I have ever seen. Why is everyone is such a rush all the time. I guess it's worth your life.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:35 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
LOOKING GOOOOOOOD FROM THE SKYCOPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MiamiTraffic Camera

Old 06-27-2011, 02:58 PM

73 posts, read 113,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmain View Post
I saw a motorcycle versus car accident about 3 weeks ago. The guy in the motorcycle didn't make it. He was plastered to the street. Miami has some of the most retarded drivers I have ever seen. Why is everyone is such a rush all the time. I guess it's worth your life.
Of course he didn't make it, he probably wasn't wearing a helmet. I mean, if you're dumb enough to not wear a helmet and get on a motorcycle in a city filled with drivers who have ZERO common sense....sorry to say but that dude probably deserves it, natural selection. Out of 10 motorcyclists you see on any given day in Miami, maybe ONE has a helmet.

I have come to the conclusion that Miami drivers are just plain stupid, and have NO common sense. They will speed up even though the car in front of them is just 'cruising' to then slam on their brakes. I mean, the tailgating is just classic. I don't know of another place filled with people so dumb they will tailgate another car at 85mph. If they had any common sense they would realize how dangerous it is for them to have their face smashed into the other car's rear windshield if the car in front stops suddenly. Or the zig zagging all over the place just to get to the red light faster??? WTF is up with that? At any red light, you will have one, two, maybe 5 cars 'sneak by' causing fatal/near fatal accidents for those that dare go when a light turns green.

What about the truck drivers, maneuvering a machine that weighs several tons, and driving the same way they do in their own cars, tailgating, swerving in and out of lanes, making U turns on the highway.

And then there are the unfortunate pedestrian deaths that result in this 'stupidity'. Miami is #4 most dangerous Metro Area for pedestrians. Gee, I wonder why?

Oh, and please cut out the 'Chinese Driver' jokes. I have lived in places with large populations of Chinese and most of the accidents were not caused by them. There is a direct correlation between intelligence and your ability to drive, so in that respect the Chinese are actually at an advantage.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:15 PM

73 posts, read 119,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMama View Post
Your very first set of links to "prove" what you're saying aren't on the same weekend. They were April 24, May, June 9, June 24 and June 25. The OPs POINT was that this all happened on the SAME weekend, NOT spread out over months.
Three of those in Houston happened this weekend. Miami doesn't have several deadly car accidents every weekend either, so I don't get your point on that. I'm sure Houston doesn't have weekends like that every week either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami