Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:38 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times

Advertisements

To the original poster,

I am glad you were able to get back to Socal, it sounds like you will be happy now. Sorry Miami was so unenjoyable for you. I understand your frustration, and wish you the best.

Regarding African cuisine (not necessarily Ethipian), there are a handful of African (Ugandan?) restaurants on NW 27AVE in front of the Miami Dade North Campus, as well as on NW 7 ST near the intersection of 62ST.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:00 PM

67 posts, read 275,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclehead View Post
Oh man .... no Ethiopian restaurants in Miami ... wow what a drag anyone have a gun so I can shoot myself ?

What do Ethiopians eat anyhow ?

I have no real issues with anyone ragging on Miami , that is why I live in Boca but to go back home to LA and to then take the time to write another bitter long forum and more parting shots .... this guy needs a life !!

Anyone know of any Zambian or Ugandan fine cuisine in Miami
Ethiopian restaurant sounds like an oxymoron.

The humidity in South Florida is no worse than the humidity in the Northeast during the summer. I have been down here two weeks now and it is considerably cooler in South Fla than it is back in Philly.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:09 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
If someone thinks that LA is less stressful than Miami, that says a lot of bad things about Miami. It's no secret that I HATE LA, with it's dirty air, dry ground and extreme overcrowding. It's also 2 times as expensive as Miami. People in LA seem to be in better shape in general, the heat and humidity in Miami discourages any outdoor activities.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:26 PM

110 posts, read 438,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
If someone thinks that LA is less stressful than Miami, that says a lot of bad things about Miami. It's no secret that I HATE LA, with it's dirty air, dry ground and extreme overcrowding. It's also 2 times as expensive as Miami. People in LA seem to be in better shape in general, the heat and humidity in Miami discourages any outdoor activities.
i agree with you. LA is full of its own problems.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:51 PM

440 posts, read 1,495,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
To the original poster,

I am glad you were able to get back to Socal, it sounds like you will be happy now. Sorry Miami was so unenjoyable for you. I understand your frustration, and wish you the best.

Regarding African cuisine (not necessarily Ethipian), there are a handful of African (Ugandan?) restaurants on NW 27AVE in front of the Miami Dade North Campus, as well as on NW 7 ST near the intersection of 62ST.
Chelito .... actually I was attempting to be sarcastic ... who the hell cares if there are no Ugandan or Ethiopian restaurants in Miami .... as another poster mentioned an Ethiopian restaurant does sound like an oxymoron .. LOL

Now take away my Nicaraguan places like El Novillo or Los Ranchos ... and I will head for LA as well !!!

Old 08-10-2007, 11:12 PM

58 posts, read 228,814 times
The loser needs to go back to phony L.A., like it's any better over there. I have never met snootier persons than in the City of Angels. The pollution, traffic, gang violence, and the overall superficiality of the people there make Miami feel like a quaint little town. Culture in L.A.? Yeah, whatever. If I want culture, I’ll head to Europe, not L.A.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:35 AM

58 posts, read 228,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post

It appears that the point of the post is that Miami is not a truly great international city on a par with New York and LA, and we can add London, Paris, Milan, maybe a few others. I think most of us on this sub-forum already know that.
We know that Milan is a “great international city”? I am from Rome, Italy, and most of the people I know consider Milan to be a grey, dull, polluted and provincial town that isn't even worth comparing to anything decent or progressive in Europe: Barcelona, Munich, and even Amsterdam, to mention a few. The only two things that put Milan on some sort of “international” map (if you want to call it that) are couture and furniture design. Its stock market is laughable, and is often overlooked in favor of places as small as Zurich. As far as the city itself is concerned, take out of the equation the fashionistas, the somewhat decent food (I’m being very generous, in a country of great cuisine), the Duomo, Scala, Sforza Castle, Navigli, and Last Supper, and the place is completely worthless. The closest thing Milan has ever seen in terms of diversity has been the Chinese influx of the past 10 years, which has caused riots and an even greater xenophobia among local residents. I will take Miami over Milan, any day, and so would most Italians of my generation who live and work there. Miami may not be a great international city, but to include Milan among the places that truly are world class, and to assume that many of us feel the same, is, in my view, to miss yet another mark on these boards.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:24 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
the heat and humidity in Miami discourages any outdoor activities.

I totally agree, I haven't taken the bike out in like 2 months, just too hot.

Old 08-12-2007, 03:06 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
What do Ethiopians eat anyhow ?

During droughts they eat care packages from UNICEF and the REd CRoss. Wonder if that is on the menu?

Old 08-12-2007, 03:51 PM

975 posts, read 3,731,074 times
Though I would say Rome leaves Miami (and most places) in the dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valwpcc9w6 View Post
We know that Milan is a “great international city”? I am from Rome, Italy, and most of the people I know consider Milan to be a grey, dull, polluted and provincial town that isn't even worth comparing to anything decent or progressive in Europe: Barcelona, Munich, and even Amsterdam, to mention a few. The only two things that put Milan on some sort of “international” map (if you want to call it that) are couture and furniture design. Its stock market is laughable, and is often overlooked in favor of places as small as Zurich. As far as the city itself is concerned, take out of the equation the fashionistas, the somewhat decent food (I’m being very generous, in a country of great cuisine), the Duomo, Scala, Sforza Castle, Navigli, and Last Supper, and the place is completely worthless. The closest thing Milan has ever seen in terms of diversity has been the Chinese influx of the past 10 years, which has caused riots and an even greater xenophobia among local residents. I will take Miami over Milan, any day, and so would most Italians of my generation who live and work there. Miami may not be a great international city, but to include Milan among the places that truly are world class, and to assume that many of us feel the same, is, in my view, to miss yet another mark on these boards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami