Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:46 PM

106 posts, read 380,390 times

Advertisements

I left Miami Dade in June and I am back here in sunny California. 25 pounds heavier with high blood pressure head aches etc. The good thing is that I am finally starting to get back to my normal self after being in South Florida for eight months. I can only reaffirm that Miami still sucks because now that Im back here in L.A. I can really see even more of what is wrong with Miami.
I tip my hat off to you guys that can deal with the ignorance and nonesense of all those Miamians with that ignorant hostile attitude. They think they are just a mirror of what a big hustle bustle city is like. WRONG. In big cities people may be rude aggressive at times and rushed but we also have culture, change and variety. That isnt the only element of the city. Miami is just way too small for such a stressful environment. The worst part about it is that it is a sacrifice and a stress POR GUSTO in spanish or FOR NOTHING. There is no world class shoping in Miami, No Hollywood, No Broadway, No Garment Districk, No Great Museums No Great restaurants or some special food or career break that can only be found in Miami that would make people from all around the world want to come there like in the case of New York and Los Angeles. The city itself isnt all that big and the biggest attraction is a freakin beach. And the lack of affordable housing and jobs doesnt make it better. Miami isnt so diverse as people make it out to be. According to Miamians people from other places have a hard time adjusting to life in MIA because its just so diverse. Tell that to a Los Angelino or a New Yorker. Are these people on crack or something. In L.A. I work with Ethiopians, Jamaicans, Central Americans, Filipinos, Chinese, Egyptians, Pakistanis Hawaiians, and many more other culture. Anyone know a good Ethiopian restaurant in Miami. That is diversity. REAL DIVERSITY. Those of you who have never left Miami should truly leave and experience what life is like in a real city. Those of you who continue to defend Miami have to be from really horrible backgrounds in order to not see what is truly wrong down there in the beautiful but wasted paradise. If you are in Miami and unhappy get out. Do yourself the favor. If you have come to post on this forum about what you dont like about south Florida that is like your therapy. Forget those haters who dont understand why you are so passionate about your dislike for Miami but please act upon it. They are not even on your level and have never experienced anything else but Miami and could not survive in a normal setting. If you are unhappy LEAVE like I did because you are one person and you cannot change south Florida. It will change you first. TRUST ME. I got back to L.A. in the worst shape I have ever been in my entire life after just eight months of stressful ghetto nobody speaks english or knows how to drive or can get a fast food order right low wages harder working Miami. Dont do that to yourself. My blood pressure is up my weight is up My annual income went down but thank God I am finally OUT. Haters feel free to respond now it will be so interesting to see what you will write.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:03 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
Why the hell would you move to Miami expecting the characteristics of a dynamic city...

Old 08-09-2007, 07:21 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
From the title of the thread I thought it was going to be about lost luggage or something like that.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:37 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
Yeah, me too, MIA is usually the acronym for Miami airport.

I happen to know that Milan, Italy has a pretty good Ethiopian restaurant where you eat with your fingers - normally scandalous behavior in Italy, but not so to finger-lickin'-good Americans, north and south.

Ethiopia was an Italian colony in the 1930s-1940s, and in the 1990s and 2000s many Ethiopians (and Egyptian Copts) have fled persecution in their countries and settled in LA, but I'm not sure why that particular city.

It appears that the point of the post is that Miami is not a truly great international city on a par with New York and LA, and we can add London, Paris, Milan, maybe a few others. I think most of us on this sub-forum already know that.

But the tone comes off as acerbic, even vindictive.

One gains the impression that the original poster perceives to have suffered some kind of persecution at the hands of Miami's Hispanics.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Why the hell would you move to Miami expecting the characteristics of a dynamic city...
It appears that some people actually do move to Miami, or at least approach Miami, with expectations that it has the characteristics of a dynamic city, or with some similar image in mind, but in the event are disappointed.

One thing that Miami never disappoints on (save for drastic climate change, which I don't believe too much) is agreeable temperatures all the time.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:09 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,009 times
I disagree on the temperature always being agreeable, and have yet to find a good Eskimo restaurant in town. Think I'll move away because of that!

Old 08-09-2007, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
I disagree on the temperature always being agreeable ...
Well, I distinguish between temperature and humidity. Mid-May to end-September is too much for me in terms of Florida-style humidity, but even 90-95 degrees with relatively low humidity is agreeable, unless one is standing directly under the sun.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:22 AM

448 posts, read 1,855,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blksophisticado View Post
I left Miami Dade in June and I am back here in sunny California. 25 pounds heavier with high blood pressure head aches etc. The good thing is that I am finally starting to get back to my normal self after being in South Florida for eight months. I can only reaffirm that Miami still sucks because now that Im back here in L.A. I can really see even more of what is wrong with Miami.
I tip my hat off to you guys that can deal with the ignorance and nonesense of all those Miamians with that ignorant hostile attitude. They think they are just a mirror of what a big hustle bustle city is like. WRONG. In big cities people may be rude aggressive at times and rushed but we also have culture, change and variety. That isnt the only element of the city. Miami is just way too small for such a stressful environment. The worst part about it is that it is a sacrifice and a stress POR GUSTO in spanish or FOR NOTHING. There is no world class shoping in Miami, No Hollywood, No Broadway, No Garment Districk, No Great Museums No Great restaurants or some special food or career break that can only be found in Miami that would make people from all around the world want to come there like in the case of New York and Los Angeles. The city itself isnt all that big and the biggest attraction is a freakin beach. And the lack of affordable housing and jobs doesnt make it better. Miami isnt so diverse as people make it out to be. According to Miamians people from other places have a hard time adjusting to life in MIA because its just so diverse. Tell that to a Los Angelino or a New Yorker. Are these people on crack or something. In L.A. I work with Ethiopians, Jamaicans, Central Americans, Filipinos, Chinese, Egyptians, Pakistanis Hawaiians, and many more other culture. Anyone know a good Ethiopian restaurant in Miami. That is diversity. REAL DIVERSITY. Those of you who have never left Miami should truly leave and experience what life is like in a real city. Those of you who continue to defend Miami have to be from really horrible backgrounds in order to not see what is truly wrong down there in the beautiful but wasted paradise. If you are in Miami and unhappy get out. Do yourself the favor. If you have come to post on this forum about what you dont like about south Florida that is like your therapy. Forget those haters who dont understand why you are so passionate about your dislike for Miami but please act upon it. They are not even on your level and have never experienced anything else but Miami and could not survive in a normal setting. If you are unhappy LEAVE like I did because you are one person and you cannot change south Florida. It will change you first. TRUST ME. I got back to L.A. in the worst shape I have ever been in my entire life after just eight months of stressful ghetto nobody speaks english or knows how to drive or can get a fast food order right low wages harder working Miami. Dont do that to yourself. My blood pressure is up my weight is up My annual income went down but thank God I am finally OUT. Haters feel free to respond now it will be so interesting to see what you will write.
I just heard this morning in the radio that Sheba is the ONLY Ethiopian restaurant in Miami. what a joke, and we call ourselves a world class city....

Old 08-09-2007, 09:30 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Well, I distinguish between temperature and humidity. Mid-May to end-September is too much for me in terms of Florida-style humidity, but even 90-95 degrees with relatively low humidity is agreeable, unless one is standing directly under the sun.
and there you go.....the humidity is not agreeable to me. And therein lies the difference.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:49 PM

440 posts, read 1,494,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGONZ001 View Post
I just heard this morning in the radio that Sheba is the ONLY Ethiopian restaurant in Miami. what a joke, and we call ourselves a world class city....
Oh man .... no Ethiopian restaurants in Miami ... wow what a drag anyone have a gun so I can shoot myself ?

What do Ethiopians eat anyhow ?

I have no real issues with anyone ragging on Miami , that is why I live in Boca but to go back home to LA and to then take the time to write another bitter long forum and more parting shots .... this guy needs a life !!

Anyone know of any Zambian or Ugandan fine cuisine in Miami
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami