Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 09:40 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,265,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Simple reasoning, I like.
but thats kinda like telling someone 'if you dont like your job then go get a new one'... in a horrible economy. increasingly there are no places without associations or rigid city codes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 10:38 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,319,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
increasingly there are no places without associations or rigid city codes.
I'm sorry, but that's false. Completely and totally false.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but that's false. Completely and totally false.
associations and rigid city codes are the direction everything is heading in. its easy to see this. just go year by year as it has developed. its easy to see where we're going. if youre going to say something is completely and totally false you have to back it up with an explanation. that's the way intelligent conversation works.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:51 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Quote:
I think I need to look at redlands or davie or any place you can put a boat and/or airboat in your yard.
It's not just HOA or coral Gables, Miami-Dade County has a strict boat parking law. I know people that have gotten citations from the county because of these rules. If you buy in the Redlands or Davie you can get land and not have this issue.
Miami-Dade County - Building and Neighborhood Compliance - Boats and Recreational Vehicles (RVs) (http://www.miamidade.gov/building/code_residential_boats_rvs.asp - broken link)

Old 07-07-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
if youre going to say something is completely and totally false you have to back it up with an explanation. that's the way intelligent conversation works.
Oh the irony.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Oh the irony.
I never tell you you're wrong without providing examples. please do me the same courtesy.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
It's not just HOA or coral Gables, Miami-Dade County has a strict boat parking law. I know people that have gotten citations from the county because of these rules. If you buy in the Redlands or Davie you can get land and not have this issue.
Miami-Dade County - Building and Neighborhood Compliance - Boats and Recreational Vehicles (RVs) (http://www.miamidade.gov/building/code_residential_boats_rvs.asp - broken link)

i fully understand those people who have giant signs that say they are against incorporation. i completely agree with them.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:12 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,937,891 times
You could get a place without an HOA...but wait a minute, that probably means a yard to maintain, a larger house that you have to cool with the a/c, and a far drive to appointments and stuff. Geez, guy's 96, remember? Not 36 with three kids and two dogs.

Only thing I can think of is sell the condo and buy something else with an HOA that's not (yet...?) as overbearing. But wait a minute...considering the fixed income, it may be hard to find a place more affordable than what he is already in Take into account realtor fees, closing costs, and the fact that property tax will no longer be under homestead exemption, and it would have to be more affordable, a downgrade.

OR some of the neighbors could pitch in and help come up with the money, so that everybody benefits from the lower insurance premiums and not to mention the logal costs of doing the lein and foreclosure. Nope. Not likely. This is South Florida.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
I never tell you you're wrong without providing examples. please do me the same courtesy.
The ironic part was you've not provided any examples of all homes 'heading in the HOA direction.'

If you're using this condo as an example, I'm sorry, but there's a lot of holes in that. It's common knowledge that the majority of condo complexes DO have HOA's and they do enforce things. It's very possible this lady needs to update her hurricane protection due to the complexes insurance company's demands. Florida, especially South Florida and the Keys, is an insurance coverage catastrophe. People cannot afford to lose coverage.

Most areas are not HOA communities. Yes, areas have different ordinances to maintain a civilized community, but that has gone on for years, years, and more years.

Quote:
associations and rigid city codes are the direction everything is heading in. its easy to see this.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
The ironic part was you've not provided any examples of all homes 'heading in the HOA direction.'

If you're using this condo as an example, I'm sorry, but there's a lot of holes in that. It's common knowledge that the majority of condo complexes DO have HOA's and they do enforce things. It's very possible this lady needs to update her hurricane protection due to the complexes insurance company's demands. Florida, especially South Florida and the Keys, is an insurance coverage catastrophe. People cannot afford to lose coverage.

Most areas are not HOA communities. Yes, areas have different ordinances to maintain a civilized community, but that has gone on for years, years, and more years.
essentially all housing complexes built during the boom have HOA's and management companies. you basically have to buy an older house in a rural area or bad area to stay out of one and that still doesnt keep the code nazis from coming after you.

i do not like the development/urbanizing of homestead because i moved to south florida for tropical rural. i want a grove of tropical fruit trees / a farm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami