U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 07-15-2011, 05:21 PM

2,217 posts, read 1,926,094 times
"But, we have plenty of areas where we need infill development, so we ought to keep the Urban Development Boundary where it is and stop moving it farther west. I think areas like Allapattah & Wynwood are perfect areas that can be "beautified" and improved, and no swamps need to be drained. I love having the wide open spaces of the Everglades next to us. I go kayaking during the winter months and it is absolutely beautiful. I would hate for more of it to be destroyed."

"Regarding Doral, I was there this morning for a meeting. I like Doral. I like Doral a lot, and I am very open to living out there one day. Then I will change my name from Wynwood to Doral. I mean Doral has been built, so no reason to complain about environmental destruction. But I like Fountainbleau too. Both are different, and really people need to check out both areas (and others) before deciding anything. There are hot women in both neighborhoods. I do not discriminate, I am equal opportunity all the way."

true. doral has its share of eye candy. my coworkers pick their lunch spots based around it =P

"My main issue is when Anglos complain because they feel like they are a minority and it makes them "uncomfortable". They walk into a restaurant in Doral, people look great, sexy women, everyone speaking Spanish - and the Anglos hate it. Honestly, I think it is jealousy, because they want Latinos to be lower class with no money - which is not at all what Doral is."

thats not true. my coworkers from the west coast of the US liked doral because it seemed more affluent and the people werent as aggressive. as i drove my boss into doral he immediately said. oh it looks better over here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-15-2011, 09:49 PM

915 posts, read 1,635,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
I think the Gables is one of the nicest areas in Dade County and it flows into Pinecrest .. thus both areas are actually very similar ... Doral has its nice areas but it is just ok in my opinion .
I think South Miami flows better into Pinecrest and both have a similar look,I really like South Miami east of US 1 but even going back to when I was a young kid I never liked Coral Gables.

Unread 07-15-2011, 10:04 PM

101 posts, read 85,513 times
Did anyone grow up or live in Miami in the early-mid 80's? The early 90's?

• Fountainblue - I went to St Brendan in the 80's and remember Flagler, but Fountainblue was one lane each way... I also remember my friends living in Fountainblue and that area being bad as)s, great..I lived in Coral Gables back then. "That" was a different Fountainblue, different demographics, different education level of households, different incomes than now, and so one.
  • Doral - In the late 80's - early 90's - 25 street was one lane each way, and 87 ave wasn't as wide. There was NO food places around, no Hooter's, no Walmart.. I remember having to drive out to go out to lunch every day. I remember the wait for Hooter's to finally open when it was being built, lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
I think South Miami flows better into Pinecrest and both have a similar look,I really like South Miami east of US 1 but even going back to when I was a young kid I never liked Coral Gables.
The problem with South Miami, is that it has a very undesirable "area"...where as Coral Gables does not, at all...

Last edited by wuaname; 07-15-2011 at 10:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami