Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:52 AM

5 posts, read 27,960 times

Advertisements

Sister is moving with 3 kids aged 3, 5, 8. Looking to Rent Apt. Max rent budget $1,900. She wants to move to Fountainbleau, FL or Doral, Fl. wants to know the best public school in those two areas. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 09:30 AM

278 posts, read 621,951 times
Fountainebleau is better located than Kendall and westchester. It is centrally located, close to everywhere (Btween 107 and 82 av) FIU, Dolphin Mall, international Mall, Mall of the Americas, Costco, Flagler Street, Expressways (easy access to Downtown/Beaches), Walmart, Home Depot, Sams Club, commuting time to work is perfect, etc.

On the other hand, Doral is one of the nicest areas to live in Miami (I would pick Doral over Coral Gables or Brickell any day, specially if I had children). Its location is good, the home of world companies, many parents choose Doral because the public schools are the best in Miami.

Doral is a nice area to live if you can afford it (high/ high-middle income). Fountainebleau is also nice.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:42 AM

108 posts, read 230,662 times
  • Doral 2/2 about $1,500 +, so I imagine a 3 bedroom is over $2K....
  • Fountainblue? The demographics are not as pretty as Doral, even thought Fountainblue is part of the city of Doral.. Here you'll find a lot lower household incomes, much less people with higher education, less prettier, and some apartments have more people living inside of them than the average in Doral. But, it is cheaper than Doral....

Old 07-13-2011, 11:07 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Both areas are ugly, overcrowded and heavily foreign. Doral costs more, but you get nothing extra in return. If it was me I would go farther south to coral park or westchester. Still lower class, but a bit easier to get around.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:32 AM

108 posts, read 230,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Both areas are ugly, overcrowded and heavily foreign. Doral costs more, but you get nothing extra in return. If it was me I would go farther south to coral park or westchester. Still lower class, but a bit easier to get around.
Define ugly and over crowded? You mean no trailer parks and rednecks?

Heavily foreign? You should've seen it before we arrived, it was just cows, the local rednecks didn't know what to do, 87 ave was 2 lanes each way and 25 st was one lane each way..and a bunch of rednecks in their pick up trucks feeding the cows....Look at the net income of the average family now...just a bunch of foreignors, though..

Old 07-13-2011, 12:04 PM

73 posts, read 119,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Doral isn't ugly. It's a stereotypical 21st century suburban community in Florida. Wide roads, heavily landscaped, gated communities, office parks, golf courses, strip malls, lakes with brand new schools and civic centers. It's actually a practical place to start a family and it shows in the demographic, it's a young city with a median age of 33.
If "heavily foreign" is a problem, then there is no safe heaven in Miami-Dade. We're full of those lower class foreigners.
But seriously, what do you mean "lower class?" Doral is a solidly middle to upper class town. Doral is roughly 55% foreign born, but it's also one of the few communities in Miami-Dade with a growing "white" population.

Last edited by JayDeee; 07-13-2011 at 12:17 PM..

Old 07-13-2011, 01:08 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeee View Post
Doral is roughly 55% foreign born, but it's also one of the few communities in Miami-Dade with a growing "white" population.
Please show me some sharp-looking and young white people in Doral. When I went to high school, it was me and four other white guys in the entire damn 2010 graduating class.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:24 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuaname View Post
Define ugly and over crowded? You mean no trailer parks and rednecks?

Heavily foreign? You should've seen it before we arrived, it was just cows, the local rednecks didn't know what to do, 87 ave was 2 lanes each way and 25 st was one lane each way..and a bunch of rednecks in their pick up trucks feeding the cows....Look at the net income of the average family now...just a bunch of foreignors, though..
my gf's dad lives in a uncrowded very nice community in california. there are rolling hills on the horizon. not a single redneck around, just middle class people, nice sized houses with a lawn and a yard surrounded by well-run farms. they can buy fresh pies, cider, vegetables, etc and its a wonderful place to raise a kid. uncrowded doesnt mean redneck at all.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:27 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeee View Post
Doral isn't ugly. It's a stereotypical 21st century suburban community in Florida. Wide roads, heavily landscaped, gated communities, office parks, golf courses, strip malls, lakes with brand new schools and civic centers. It's actually a practical place to start a family and it shows in the demographic, it's a young city with a median age of 33.
If "heavily foreign" is a problem, then there is no safe heaven in Miami-Dade. We're full of those lower class foreigners.
But seriously, what do you mean "lower class?" Doral is a solidly middle to upper class town. Doral is roughly 55% foreign born, but it's also one of the few communities in Miami-Dade with a growing "white" population.
doral is actually full of wealthy venezuelans. i like it but english is a problem with some of the establishments from my experience but i dont mind.
unlike some other parts of miami, i havent had the experience of being yelled at for not knowing spanish in doral. they seem much more willing to work with you to figure it out.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:59 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,512 times
Neither area has any appeal to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami