Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 01:24 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,899,249 times

Advertisements

Another pro - clean air
Another con - mosquitoes - man, are they bad right now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 01:56 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
Another pro - clean air
yeah they are. i got bit 4 times last night in like 5 minutes just trying to top off the air in my car tires.
they say call 311 but i'm not sure i trust the lady on the phone. she sounded like she was giving me a line of bull and then told me they aerial sprayed last night just to get me off the phone. oh well i tried.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:36 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
What I hate about Miami:
It's hard to find nerds, if you go outside you need sunscreen, it's flat, you can't surf on the beach, and it's not really comparable to cities like Boston, Portland, Seattle, and San Francisco.

Not to mention you can't get the 4 seasons in here.

What I love about Miami.
The extremely localized and quick passing thunderstorms.
The Hurricane Season.
The everglades.
Ocean fishing.
The fact that people go to the gym here often.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:33 PM

73 posts, read 119,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
Right now i'm hating this. My legs are beaten up.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:15 PM

932 posts, read 1,177,400 times
Mike (one of your many aliases):

We're not stupid. If you cared to do a search, there are plenty of these type of threads within this subforun. OBVIOUSLY, you are just trying to take cheap shots at respectable people like Eldemila who you simply disagree with because they are respectable, decent, old school Miami people who aren't Dodge Charger driving "bros" such as yourself who have no class, no intellect, no respect for others and no sense of culture.

Miami needs to attract decent people again, not just bros who listen to Y100, while cutting people off on the Palmetto, on the way to work @ Medicare fraud clinic # 3,533,865. I've also always wondered why Leon Medical Centers had such posh buses.

BTW, as many of you have dissed Philly so much, I'm going to post some of my photos right here that'll make you **** and eat your words...and the drinking water is just fine, bro.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeee View Post
Right now i'm hating this. My legs are beaten up.
i actually have some breathable long pants i wear if i have to do something at dusk. they have a cuff that protects the ankles.
scroll down to zipper fly bug pants
Original Bug Shirt - Product Details
that is the best most breathable and impenetrable mosquito clothing money can buy. i could walk out into the worst parts of the everglades right now and not receive a single bite through that clothing. provided i sprayed deet on my hands to prevent the critters from biting my hands.
its fantastic to get photos of orchids or other plants out there in the everglades during swamp walks.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:48 PM

32 posts, read 69,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
Miami needs to attract decent people again, not just bros who listen to Y100, while cutting people off on the Palmetto, on the way to work @ Medicare fraud clinic # 3,533,865. I've also always wondered why Leon Medical Centers had such posh buses.
LOL!!!!! "Medicare Fraud clinic#...."

You rock.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:01 PM

84 posts, read 171,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
Mike (one of your many aliases):

We're not stupid. If you cared to do a search, there are plenty of these type of threads within this subforun. OBVIOUSLY, you are just trying to take cheap shots at respectable people like Eldemila who you simply disagree with because they are respectable, decent, old school Miami people who aren't Dodge Charger driving "bros" such as yourself who have no class, no intellect, no respect for others and no sense of culture.

BTW, as many of you have dissed Philly so much, I'm going to post some of my photos right here that'll make you **** and eat your words...and the drinking water is just fine, bro.
Glasvegas,

You're right, there are some other posts. Why hasn't one been made a sticky?
Pros and cons - Miami
Miami lovers vs Miami bashers...The ultimate debate
Please tell me about Miami (the good, the bad, and the ugly).
Non-Miami Natives: Question for YOU
Miami Beach - pros & cons of each section ( North-Central-South)
Thinking of moving to Miami? Read this...
Better living in Miami or Key West?

I guess it's because too many bashers hijack a thread and make it unreadable by focusing on beating down the
person who started the thread?

I suggest you re-read your post and ask yourself who's taking cheap shots...

Mike

Last edited by panamamike; 07-15-2011 at 07:18 PM..

Old 07-15-2011, 07:28 PM

32 posts, read 69,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamike View Post
I guess it's because too many bashers hijack a thread and make it unreadable by focusing on beating down the
person who started the thread?

I suggest you re-read your post and ask yourself who's taking cheap shots...

Mike
I have to agreed with mike on that one though!

Old 07-15-2011, 07:34 PM

Last edited by cixcell; 07-15-2011 at 07:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami