Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 07:52 PM

124 posts, read 413,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmall33 View Post
Hello all, thinking about taking a job in Homestead. Currently living in Los Angeles so I know all about traffic and over priced homes. Was wondering what areas you all would suggest for low crime, good schools etc. Just looking for clean safe middle to upper middle class living. thanks in advance.
There is an area in Homestead named "Keys Gate" It is gated and has 24 hours greeters. It has a beautiful scenery, with lakes, docks, walking trails, and a nice clubhouse. It also has a decent size golf course, and if you like car races, its a skip and a jump from the stadium. The Florida Keys are only 20 minutes away.

Good luck and welcome to South Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2007, 09:46 PM

13 posts, read 65,604 times
Keys Gate in Homestead is a nice area, now the schools you're in for a surprise in the Homestead area.
If you go south of Homestead about 30 minutes you'll find Key Largo with a+ schools and no crime housing though is expensive.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmall33 View Post
Hello all, thinking about taking a job in Homestead. Currently living in Los Angeles so I know all about traffic and over priced homes. Was wondering what areas you all would suggest for low crime, good schools etc. Just looking for clean safe middle to upper middle class living. thanks in advance.

I have a home for sale in the homestead area call me 305-244-7723

Old 10-25-2007, 09:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,560 times
Cool Where to live in Homestead, FL

I joined my husband in his 4/2 home in Newton Heights in 1997. This subdivision has 3/1s,3/2s and 4/2's. The lots are mostly 7500 sq. ft.;you have enough frontage for a nice drive into yard. The backyard is large enough for a medium patio, a storage shed and banana/shade trees. Most of the yards are fenced with chain link in the front and 6 ft. wooden privacy wrapping around the other boundaries. With all of the new developments with zero lot lines and larger homes, these homes are a good buy. The 4/2 floor-plans are very liveable and easy to maintain. Before you travel to some of these newer areas, be sure to check on the property taxes and the property insurance rates. These newly incorporated cities have their own police/fire protection that is very costly. Hope to see you around the neighborhood, soon. P. S. Watch out for condo fees--they are high in Keysgate and can be increased without your approval--ouch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami