Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 09:08 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,940,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
I'd be wrong to say that I live in Miami, right?

I do say that I live in Kendall, FL, not Miami... am I going too far with it? I mean, I do say to people online that "I do not live in Miami".
Does Kendall have a police and fire station along with a city hall ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 10:07 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,195,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
dunno. but i'm sure it doesn't have a an special police unit.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:03 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,384,581 times
Quote:
I'd be wrong to say that I live in Miami, right?

I do say that I live in Kendall, FL, not Miami... am I going too far with it? I mean, I do say to people online that "I do not live in Miami".
I don't live in the city proper either, but I still say I live in Miami (as does everyone else I know). Even 15 years ago there were a number of areas that were unincorporated that are now incorporated. Made no sense to go around saying, "I live in unincorporated Dade County." As for the Kendall question...that's an old name for the area that is still unincorporated. Sort of like Perrine and Cutler Ridge were names for areas now under Palmetto Bay and Cutler Bay.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:02 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,007,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
No, it is not a city it is unincorporated Miami-Dade county so they use the Miami-Dade Police department, Miami-Dade fire etc.. Well many towns use Miami-Dade Fire but just about all of them have their own Police Dept.

As for saying you live in Kendall not Miami, sure w/e you want. But the majority of people who live in Miami-Dade county with the exception of Florida City, Homestead, Miami Beach or maybe Coral Gables should and most do just say Miami. It makes it a lot easier when talking to people who live outside of the metro area. Inside the metro area fine say Kendall, Surfside etc..

Old 08-05-2011, 04:20 PM

810 posts, read 1,578,712 times
Winter, youre saying it wrong, you need to say you live in West West Kendall

Old 08-05-2011, 04:24 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,940,357 times
Kendall, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Janet Reno and O.J. Simpson once resided in Kendall.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post

As for saying you live in Kendall not Miami, sure w/e you want. But the majority of people who live in Miami-Dade county with the exception of Florida City, Homestead, Miami Beach or maybe Coral Gables should and most do just say Miami. It makes it a lot easier when talking to people who live outside of the metro area. Inside the metro area fine say Kendall, Surfside etc..
Is not really a "want" situation. I was asking a question cuz I had my doubts about it. I feel weird every time I have to answer things like "City of residence" since I don't know what is what exactly. I'm always hearing in the news things like "... in the city of Kendall" or maps showing Kendall as unincorporated.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
Winter, youre saying it wrong, you need to say you live in West West Kendall
lol

Old 08-05-2011, 06:41 PM

I have a question

If that wikipedia map of Kendall is correct, then, am I living in Kendall or not? I live passing 157th av. Do I have to say that I live in West Kendall (exclusively) and not Kendall?

Old 08-05-2011, 09:00 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,384,581 times
Quote:
I have a question

If that wikipedia map of Kendall is correct, then, am I living in Kendall or not? I live passing 157th av. Do I have to say that I live in West Kendall (exclusively) and not Kendall?
Eh, apparently the Hammocks, Kendale Lakes, etc are different areas per county definition, though I just always called that area West Kendall. The definitions aren't too formal since it's not an incorporated city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami