Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 02:02 AM

163 posts, read 316,319 times

Advertisements

There is an interesting phenomenon to add to this. When a semi truck is in the middle lane with traffic...forget about it. Those who do the speed limit or slower see a truck and something in their head clicks making them feel the need to pass. Because trucks are slow right? What always ends up happening is traffic gets road blocked because those who go to pass are now doing the speed limit in the left lane....facepalm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 03:54 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,831,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlueBlue View Post
Yes, well, leased a new car. The Mustang was nice and had a lot of power but the handling just wasn't as crisp and precise as I would have liked. So I traded it in on a 2011 335i Coupe w/ M-Sport Package.
If you are pleased with your lease that is all that matters. But a 5.0 lapped quicker at Willow Springs than an M3. (Article for this is all over the Internet.) Considering M3 owners claim the 335is is tamer than an M3....well there it is.

In any case, wanting to drive that lease fast before the contract period ends is understandable. There are driving clubs that enable you to properly use the car and your training.

As for passing on the Palmetto. Points made by me above still stand. In fact, there are traffic slowdowns on the Autobahn as folks leave the city for the country on the weekend and you do not see the fast driving when this occurs. Actually appears quite similar to the Palmetto in the typical weekday crunch.

Last edited by Felix C; 08-22-2011 at 05:09 AM..

Old 08-22-2011, 04:07 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,265,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecofancy View Post
There is an interesting phenomenon to add to this. When a semi truck is in the middle lane with traffic...forget about it. Those who do the speed limit or slower see a truck and something in their head clicks making them feel the need to pass. Because trucks are slow right? What always ends up happening is traffic gets road blocked because those who go to pass are now doing the speed limit in the left lane....facepalm.
what middle lane? most of my commute has no middle lane

Old 08-22-2011, 05:27 AM

380 posts, read 961,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecofancy View Post
This bothers me so much. And then the truck will sometimes even get more ahead.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:37 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,057,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amIayankee? View Post
This is a public service announcement. The left lane is for passing or general speeding.

Please adhere to this unwritten rule.

Especially on the Palmetto during rush hour. I am the black chevy aveo passing people on the right because the chonga or similar character (not gender discriminate) does not check their rear view mirror. Thanks people!
Why open another thread about the same topic? Maybe cause you need attention and need to include offensive and controversial terms like Chonga? Why don't you do something more productive with your life, like prepare for Irene or learn a new language.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:41 AM

221 posts, read 452,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Why open another thread about the same topic? Maybe cause you need attention and need to include offensive and controversial terms like Chonga? Why don't you do something more productive with your life, like prepare for Irene or learn a new language.
Are you a Chonga?

Old 08-22-2011, 06:52 AM

17 posts, read 27,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
I dont think anyone here is talking about "streets" we are talking about highways. The left lane is meant for passing only. If your not passing the cars to your right then you should be one lane to your right. If you are "crusing" in the left lane going 62mph in a 55mph with no one to your right in the right lane and someone is coming up behind you going faster then you are, by you staying in the left lane you are comitting a traffic violation it does not matter if the car behind you is speeding. Yea he is committing a traffic violation as well but two wrongs dont make a right. You need to go to the right lane when it is safe to do so and give way to faster traffic. That is how it works and that is how it is safe. Not giving way to faster cars makes the roads more dangerous for everyone slow and fast dirvers alike.
Passing on the right is much more dangerous then passing on the left. Your suppose to go "over" the car not "under" the car.
I am usually not one that gets passed too often. However sometimes I will drive a bit slower for certain reasons. If I see a car coming up behind me I move out of its way to the right if I am in the left lane.

Check this video out about slow left lane driving:

Cop Herds Slow Car to Slow Lane - YouTube
Yeah, but people drive like maniacs everywhere, not just the freeways. They want you to go well over a speed limit. You're driving in a 30mph street and you're going 35mph and you still have some dooshbag cutting you off on a two lane residential street or they'll tail gate you real tight. I could be going 100mph and I still wouldn't be going fast enough for some people. There's almost always someone who wants to go faster then you.

People can drive as fast as they want, they can wrap themselves around a light pole for all I care; but I'm not going to put myself or others in that danger for the knuckle head behind me. At then end of the day, what's the rush? If you need to be somewhere leave early!

Your video is typical though. Everytime a cop car is around people slow down, all the unwritten rules go out the window, people all of the sudden find their turning signal.

Last edited by theguyinthecorner; 08-22-2011 at 07:02 AM..

Old 08-22-2011, 06:53 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,265,153 times
freeways. hah. i remember that term.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:57 AM

163 posts, read 316,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
what middle lane? most of my commute has no middle lane
Middle/right/slow lane...any lane besides the fast lane really. Its worst when there are two lanes, no where to go.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:02 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,317,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyinthecorner View Post
I'm not going to speed-up because the person behind me has the need for speed. I'm going to drive as fast as I need too ... That's the problem, people don't have consideration for others.
LOL, I don't need to respond to your post, you flamed yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami