Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 06:38 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlueBlue View Post
Maybe it sounded like that because I am rather annoyed by the fact that many people here in Miami cruise in the left lane at or below the speed limit and refuse to move over for faster drivers, forcing said faster drivers to undertake which is illegal and dangerous. I have to deal with situations like this every day and it's frustrating to talk about because no one seems to care.
because nothing is going to be done about it. most of the people here have no drivers training to speak of. it is what it is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 06:46 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,194,475 times
I don't know where you guys meet those people.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:02 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times
Quote:
I just have one thing to say, steer clear of my BMW in the left lane, when its angel eyes are staring at your ass end, move the heck out of the way. That's all I gotta say.
Did you purchase a new car? I ask because here you mention you own a 2011 Mustang 5.0 Thumbs up for FHP on the turnpark

Being a car guy with a GTO I remember these things.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:03 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,194,475 times
Creepy

Old 08-21-2011, 07:09 PM

221 posts, read 453,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Did you purchase a new car? I ask because here you mention you own a 2011 Mustang 5.0 Thumbs up for FHP on the turnpark

Being a car guy with a GTO I remember these things.
Yes, well, leased a new car. The Mustang was nice and had a lot of power but the handling just wasn't as crisp and precise as I would have liked. So I traded it in on a 2011 335i Coupe w/ M-Sport Package.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:56 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,005,791 times
Quote:
Yes, well, leased a new car. The Mustang was nice and had a lot of power but the handling just wasn't as crisp and precise as I would have liked. So I traded it in on a 2011 335i Coupe w/ M-Sport Package.
What happened to American cars being so great? You made the right choice! German handeling and performance there is nothing else like it.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:59 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
What happened to American cars being so great? You made the right choice! German handeling and performance there is nothing else like it.
when i worked at toyota, the japanese engineers all had a photo of their favorite german engineers stuck on the wall of their cubes.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:07 PM

17 posts, read 27,325 times
I'm not going to speed-up because the person behind me has the need for speed. I'm going to drive as fast as I need too, if I see someone who is ahead who is not driving as fast I'm already making my move. I don't tail gate the person, for one they can be lost, looking for an adress, or their car could be breakind down. That's the problem, people don't have consideration for others.

Another thing, I'm not going to get a ticket because Jeff Gordon behind me wants me to go faster; especially on streets where cops are stationed in a corner with their radars guns pulling people over.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:24 PM

420 posts, read 823,497 times
Don't drive so slow in the left lane. I'm not saying you should go 90+ mph but don't go 50mph either unless there is a good reason.

The speed limit is ultimately determined by the speed of traffic. If everyone around you is going a nice 65mph and you're going 50mph, then you're impeding a smooth flow of traffic.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:32 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,005,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyinthecorner View Post
I'm not going to speed-up because the person behind me has the need for speed. I'm going to drive as fast as I need too, if I see someone who is ahead who is not driving as fast I'm already making my move. I don't tail gate the person, for one they can be lost, looking for an adress, or their car could be breakind down. That's the problem, people don't have consideration for others.

Another thing, I'm not going to get a ticket because Jeff Gordon behind me wants me to go faster; especially on streets where cops are stationed in a corner with their radars guns pulling people over.
I dont think anyone here is talking about "streets" we are talking about highways. The left lane is meant for passing only. If your not passing the cars to your right then you should be one lane to your right. If you are "crusing" in the left lane going 62mph in a 55mph with no one to your right in the right lane and someone is coming up behind you going faster then you are, by you staying in the left lane you are comitting a traffic violation it does not matter if the car behind you is speeding. Yea he is committing a traffic violation as well but two wrongs dont make a right. You need to go to the right lane when it is safe to do so and give way to faster traffic. That is how it works and that is how it is safe. Not giving way to faster cars makes the roads more dangerous for everyone slow and fast dirvers alike.
Passing on the right is much more dangerous then passing on the left. Your suppose to go "over" the car not "under" the car.
I am usually not one that gets passed too often. However sometimes I will drive a bit slower for certain reasons. If I see a car coming up behind me I move out of its way to the right if I am in the left lane.

Check this video out about slow left lane driving:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FY-chPcBbM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami