U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 11:27 PM

372 posts, read 449,342 times
Default The left lane is for passing

This is a public service announcement. The left lane is for passing or general speeding.

Please adhere to this unwritten rule.

Especially on the Palmetto during rush hour. I am the black chevy aveo passing people on the right because the chonga or similar character (not gender discriminate) does not check their rear view mirror. Thanks people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 11:46 PM

1,460 posts, read 861,026 times
Pants on fire? Slow down and enjoy yourself and your time. I know its annoying when someone drives like they are the only one on the road and in the wrong lane..its not going to make it any better to rant about it, well maybe it will.

Maybe some one thinks you are undesirable because you drive nascar style.

Funny how someone that drives to slow is an idiot, and someone that drives to fast is a maniac.

In a way I am in agreement with you..pick the right lane and drive a consistent speed...traffic would flow much better for everyone....imo

Old 08-19-2011, 11:47 PM

609 posts, read 536,425 times
What's 'general' speeding? LOL

Old 08-20-2011, 05:12 AM

1,040 posts, read 2,162,814 times
Actually...it is a written law...many states have a law that requires motorists to stay right unless passing...rarely enforced but it is called "Impeding Traffic" and carries a 3 point credit against your drivers license...

Old 08-20-2011, 05:39 AM

2,090 posts, read 2,121,919 times
If the sheriffs department here in Florida would ticket every senior going 20mph in a 40mph zone and using the passing lane, our county taxes would drop by at least 25%.

Don't you know, that, if they are planning to make a left hand turn four miles down the road they must toodle along in the passing lane, to prepare for the big event.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:30 AM

2,217 posts, read 2,138,689 times
on friday i saw the drunkest person i have ever seen driving at 727am on 874 north. swerving all over, almost crashing into construction barrels and other drivers like crazy. multiple times driving off the road. everybody backed off to give the guy some room because he was so horribly dangerous. i think he was still drinking too because he was taking swigs from a can.

my point is - if they wont even pull people over for that behavior. good luck with your passing lane.

Old 08-20-2011, 08:16 AM

3,238 posts, read 2,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
on friday i saw the drunkest person i have ever seen driving at 727am on 874 north. swerving all over, almost crashing into construction barrels and other drivers like crazy. multiple times driving off the road. everybody backed off to give the guy some room because he was so horribly dangerous. i think he was still drinking too because he was taking swigs from a can.

my point is - if they wont even pull people over for that behavior. good luck with your passing lane.
Did you get the guy's license plate number ? If you had your cell phone with you,you could alert the police about a crazy drunk driver and possibly something could have been done and would have gone on record for future use.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:45 AM

4,675 posts, read 4,973,112 times
It actually is a written rule even in Florida. I find the more north you drive in South Florida the better the drivers. Also down in the Keys and Homestead area they are decent. But in Miami wow just terrible. I can always tell the way traffic is flowing when the problem is someone going slow in the left lane. It really does slow down traffic A LOT sometimes and it createst dangerous passing and agressive driving since some idiot is not following the rules of the road. Even at 2am when most people are going 70-80mph (dont get started going 80mph on the 826 at 2am is not dangerous) there is always that person in their car just going 50mph in the left thinking its normal man I hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic_A View Post
What's 'general' speeding? LOL
Everyone knows on highways you can go just about 10mph over the limit in good weather and traffic conditions without much trouble from either the police or a safety standpoint especially where the limt is 55mph. These 55 limits have been around since the 1950s! Cars a just a bit safer these days no? Honestly there are some highways in the area that 80mph is perfectly safe and at some times of the day 75-80mph wont get really get you into trouble with the police either.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Did you get the guy's license plate number ? If you had your cell phone with you,you could alert the police about a crazy drunk driver and possibly something could have been done and would have gone on record for future use.
no i didnt. a friend later let me know there is actually a FHP number you can dial to report them. i didnt really want to call 911. i actually took a small video though with my camera of a couple swerves so maybe i could get the plate # out of that. who knows. i remember i saw a woman buy a big bottle of corona from a gas station off caribbean once, had the attendant crack it open and she drove off with it while drinking it. i dont think most cops would bother with this stuff though. a coworker of mine called the police because he say two black guys off 75 beating the hell out of each other and he called the police and they kept transferring him between departments till he gave up and hung up.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
It actually is a written rule even in Florida. I find the more north you drive in South Florida the better the drivers. Also down in the Keys and Homestead area they are decent. But in Miami wow just terrible. I can always tell the way traffic is flowing when the problem is someone going slow in the left lane. It really does slow down traffic A LOT sometimes and it createst dangerous passing and agressive driving since some idiot is not following the rules of the road. Even at 2am when most people are going 70-80mph (dont get started going 80mph on the 826 at 2am is not dangerous) there is always that person in their car just going 50mph in the left thinking its normal man I hate it.

Everyone knows on highways you can go just about 10mph over the limit in good weather and traffic conditions without much trouble from either the police or a safety standpoint especially where the limt is 55mph. These 55 limits have been around since the 1950s! Cars a just a bit safer these days no? Honestly there are some highways in the area that 80mph is perfectly safe and at some times of the day 75-80mph wont get really get you into trouble with the police either.

i dont know why it is, but like clockwork, every august and september the driving is at it's absolute worst. i dont know why that is but its always the case. i notice it every year. my commute suddenly becomes horrendously more dangerous. dunno why. and then it starts to clear up as the weather cools off/ snowbirds come down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami