U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 08-23-2011, 03:12 PM
 
Location: Land Of Moose, Blueberries and Chickadees
9,689 posts, read 4,561,598 times
Reputation: 12277
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
True, it must have been Irene who changed his mind. The Silver Lining perhaps? Maybe we will get Gatormama back too since she loves "LOVES" hurricanes and things seem to be slow up there in Maine
Seriously, things must be slow in Miami as well since you are writing on the forum.

I will say this one more time for your comprehension so that, again, you will be spared looking silly.

Just because you move away from some place doesn't mean you stop caring about or talking to people you like, from that place. There happens to be a few people on this board that I like, that still live in Miami. Too bad if you don't like that, too bad if you don't want me writing here anymore. Too. Bad.

I will do as I please and when I see that a hurricane may come to Miami, (as it was looking like a possibility a day or so ago), I'm going to come on to this forum and I'm going to talk about that with people that I have come to know from this forum.

If that bothers you so badly that you feel the need to point it out and make an insult, then you're just going to have to pull up your big girl panties and get over it because I'm not going to stop visiting here periodically until the people I do know stop posting.

Capisce?

GOOD!!

Oh and P.S. just to say it one more time, I LOVE hurricanes!

And guess what?! I love thunder and lightning storms too! Hey! Maybe someone who had a family member killed by lightning will come on here and tell me I'm wrong to love lightning! I also love snow, (waiting for those family members of someone killed by a blizzard or avalanche), I love tsunamis, (oh, man, now GatorMama's really gone and done it), I love tidal waves, I love tornadoes, I love hail, (all sizes! Even baseball size!), in other words, Miss Princess...I love ALL KINDS OF WICKED CRAZY WEATHER!

Perhaps you would like to make a list of what we are allowed to like and not allowed to like...not that I'll follow it but just so that we are on the same page. Go ahead, tell us what we're allowed to think, Princess.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-23-2011, 03:31 PM
 
3,093 posts, read 1,876,690 times
Reputation: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
The glorious wisdom of this forum, hurricanes are welcome guests and left lane drivers a threat to society


Some intelligence level here in Miami, love the 150 mph winds hate the 50 mph driver.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2011, 03:50 PM
 
2,940 posts, read 3,758,112 times
Reputation: 1307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Seriously, things must be slow in Miami as well since you are writing on the forum.

I will say this one more time for your comprehension so that, again, you will be spared looking silly.

Just because you move away from some place doesn't mean you stop caring about or talking to people you like, from that place. There happens to be a few people on this board that I like, that still live in Miami. Too bad if you don't like that, too bad if you don't want me writing here anymore. Too. Bad.

I will do as I please and when I see that a hurricane may come to Miami, (as it was looking like a possibility a day or so ago), I'm going to come on to this forum and I'm going to talk about that with people that I have come to know from this forum.

If that bothers you so badly that you feel the need to point it out and make an insult, then you're just going to have to pull up your big girl panties and get over it because I'm not going to stop visiting here periodically until the people I do know stop posting.

Capisce?

GOOD!!

Oh and P.S. just to say it one more time, I LOVE hurricanes!

And guess what?! I love thunder and lightning storms too! Hey! Maybe someone who had a family member killed by lightning will come on here and tell me I'm wrong to love lightning! I also love snow, (waiting for those family members of someone killed by a blizzard or avalanche), I love tsunamis, (oh, man, now GatorMama's really gone and done it), I love tidal waves, I love tornadoes, I love hail, (all sizes! Even baseball size!), in other words, Miss Princess...I love ALL KINDS OF WICKED CRAZY WEATHER!

Perhaps you would like to make a list of what we are allowed to like and not allowed to like...not that I'll follow it but just so that we are on the same page. Go ahead, tell us what we're allowed to think, Princess.
I don't think I ever told you what to think or what to post. I can disagree with whoever I want and so can you. If you are rude or inconsiderate, I might tell you and it's up to you to do with that information whatever you want.

And yes for someone who whined so much about Miami, it's a little strange you spent so much time in a place who hated that much, after you already move, but maybe you like all that negativity in your life as much as you love hurricanes.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2011, 04:03 PM
 
Location: South FL
5,066 posts, read 3,710,135 times
Reputation: 3068
So much for the hype, it just downgraded to CAT 1 .
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2011, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Miami
609 posts, read 513,732 times
Reputation: 246
...But they said it could jump up to a cat3 over the next 72 hours.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2011, 06:07 PM
 
Location: Miami/ Washington DC
4,608 posts, read 4,672,083 times
Reputation: 2156
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
So much for the hype, it just downgraded to CAT 1 .
Good news for the Bahamas! People seem to forget about them sometimes but they are our nearest neighbors.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2011, 07:56 PM
 
221 posts, read 220,492 times
Reputation: 167
Cat 2 again. I just hope it takes a surprise curve to the West and smacks us here in Miami as a Cat 3. Get a few days of school/work, make things exciting for a couple of days. I'm sorry, but I really do love witnessing extreme weather.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2011, 08:05 PM
 
Location: West Kendall
4,732 posts, read 4,405,396 times
Reputation: 1071
I don't think you know what a CAT 3 is. I think you mean CAT 1. Cat 1 is spectacle enough as it has flooding (if wet), falling trees, non-stop powerful thunders,winds topping the 100 mph marker, and everything a Cat 3 has to offer. Only difference is that in a CAT 1 there are no evacuations, deaths, misery or disasters.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2011, 08:06 PM
 
221 posts, read 220,492 times
Reputation: 167
I lived through Wilma and it was a Cat 3.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2011, 08:09 PM
 
3,093 posts, read 1,876,690 times
Reputation: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlueBlue View Post
Cat 2 again. I just hope it takes a surprise curve to the West and smacks us here in Miami as a Cat 3. Get a few days of school/work, make things exciting for a couple of days. I'm sorry, but I really do love witnessing extreme weather.
Why don't you witness this video and then imagine at about the 35 second mark in to the video that this is your home ripped apart leaving you homeless,oh well you will miss a few days of work and school, you'll have received your wish.




Hurricane Andrew - YouTube
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top