Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 11:02 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,326,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlueBlue View Post
I love hurricanes, they're fun, I get adrenaline rushes out of preparing for the storm. Plus, it might destroy all the ****ty people in this town once and for all...
Well, I've lived in Miami since 1951 and have been through too damn many hurricanes to consider them any kind of fun. Fortunately, I am able to get out of the state for hurricane season, if I choose to do so, but that doesn't spare me from the expense and inconvenience of having to clean up/repair my property after one hits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 11:33 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,698,246 times
I love hurricanes because they bring excitement to an other wise boring Miami area. People are forced to communicate and be friendly or get out. The white car terrorists (code enforcement) are nowhere to be found when the whole county is a trash pile. Power goes out and you see the stars every night. Hurricanes are even more awesome when they lower property values and scare away investors. Other than the danger during the storm, there is very little to hate about hurricanes. I have always wanted to see Miami after a cat 3+ hits, and I hope to someday get that wish. It will be awesome!!

Old 08-21-2011, 11:43 AM

221 posts, read 451,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I love hurricanes because they bring excitement to an other wise boring Miami area. People are forced to communicate and be friendly or get out. The white car terrorists (code enforcement) are nowhere to be found when the whole county is a trash pile. Power goes out and you see the stars every night. Hurricanes are even more awesome when they lower property values and scare away investors. Other than the danger during the storm, there is very little to hate about hurricanes. I have always wanted to see Miami after a cat 3+ hits, and I hope to someday get that wish. It will be awesome!!
This man speaks the truth.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:50 AM

355 posts, read 867,968 times
This hurricane will strike Miami. Please take all necessary precautions and evacuate the area.

Don't wait until Thursday!

Old 08-21-2011, 11:50 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,477,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlueBlue View Post
This man speaks the truth.

Be very careful what you wish for.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:51 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,190,049 times
I Hope It Comes A Hurricane and Hits Florida. I Just Love Hurricanes, Not The Damage For People!

Old 08-21-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Be very careful what you wish for.
I wish a hurricane strikes Miami. Maybe it will make people rethink their lives and life choices and stop people from being self-centered, materialistic hate machines. I love extreme weather too, if this comes I plan on doing a live online stream until the power goes out for others to witness the power of a hurricane.

I've got two webcams, two computers, a wireless router and backup power for up to 12 hours. I do not have a generator as I would like to get in tune with my inner nature and see the stars at night as the city sits in utter darkness. Maybe, Miamians will look up at the stars and for a few minutes think about their lives and realize they don't need to be such self-centered pricks.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:21 PM

4,836 posts, read 11,978,796 times
This storm wont be any stronger then a low cat-2 nothing to be worried about folks. I will have the shutters ready many buy some water but thats about it. Way to early to tell anyway. Tuesday Morning we will have a good idea. Right now it is predicted to a be a cat-1 which I actually dont mind coming and getting a day or two off from school. May have to clean some branches and leaves around the yard but a cat-1 is no more then a more powerful version of our afternoon thunderstorms. Cat-2 will be annoying with power etc.. Never want anything more then a cat-2. Anyone who says that is just insane, go see a doctor.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:06 PM

^ Incorrect. It's impossible to tell how strong it will be. Right now it seems that the storm may skirt the northern coast of Hispaniola rather than actually going over the island, if it does this it means the core will be out over warmer waters and will strengthen rapidly, of course, this could be bad news for us because then the storm might miss us and hit farther up the east coast as a Cat4. or Cat5. possibly. I hope it hits us because we'll get a Cat3. max and I'd rather take the bullet as a Cat3. than the east coast getting a Cat4. or Cat5.

I personally believe a Cat3. strikes the right balance between fun/no fun as far as hurricanes are concerned. A Cat2. is too wimpy and a Cat4. is too scary.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:50 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,921,788 times
Get ready to pay higher insurance premiums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami