Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 11:17 AM

32 posts, read 172,379 times

Advertisements

I am currently learning how to drive and I am hoping to do my driving test soon, but I am really nervous what should I expect? and what DMV office would be good or easier for me to do the test in? I have heard that in some DMV locations they just take you to the parking lot and do the test there is that right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 12:16 PM

4,836 posts, read 11,948,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazym88 View Post
I am currently learning how to drive and I am hoping to do my driving test soon, but I am really nervous what should I expect? and what DMV office would be good or easier for me to do the test in? I have heard that in some DMV locations they just take you to the parking lot and do the test there is that right?
It is the easiest thing I have ever done in my life. If you know how to drive your fine.

Are you practicing with an instructor? If so he/she should know where to take you for the test. If you do not have an instructor I suggest you get one, you will get some money off insurance.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
It is the easiest thing I have ever done in my life. If you know how to drive your fine.

Are you practicing with an instructor? If so he/she should know where to take you for the test. If you do not have an instructor I suggest you get one, you will get some money off insurance.

Yeah I had my first lesson today! but it wasn't too bad i went on the highway and everything i just have to get the hang of it I just get scared every time i think about the test

Old 09-19-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Yeah I had my first lesson today! but it wasn't too bad i went on the highway and everything i just have to get the hang of it I just get scared every time i think about the test
I remember the first time I got in I was on the highway in 2mins it was something. Just practice and make sure your ready to drive before you take the test because the test in no way reflects anyone's ability to actually drive a car. It is so easy! Dont worry about it.
You dont have driver "bob" do you?

Old 09-19-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
I remember the first time I got in I was on the highway in 2mins it was something. Just practice and make sure your ready to drive before you take the test because the test in no way reflects anyone's ability to actually drive a car. It is so easy! Dont worry about it.
You dont have driver "bob" do you?
Yh i really need to practice a lot! i hope it doesn't take me too long to learn properly because i really need to start driving soon!

Old 09-19-2011, 09:00 PM

131 posts, read 322,445 times
It was one big parking test! I couldnt believe it. All the training I did on the highway etc...Parallel park without hitting the cones was all it was! I failed twice before getting it because I touched a cone!

Old 09-20-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loops778 View Post
It was one big parking test! I couldnt believe it. All the training I did on the highway etc...Parallel park without hitting the cones was all it was! I failed twice before getting it because I touched a cone!
Unfortunately there is no long a Parellel parking test. Wish there was because parallel parking is at least somewhat difficult and a decent way to see if someone knows how to drive a car. Now all you have to do is park a car in a normal sized parking space. The smaller the car the easier the test.
Dont forget to put on your seatbelt that is an automatic failure

Old 09-21-2011, 04:24 PM

I had my test yesterday and i passed i could not believe it i have barely learnt the basics, the test was extremely easy, it was in a parking lot and it took me 5 minutes t complete it i don't even know how to do parallel parking but thank God they did not ask me to im surprised that i passed to be honest! :O

Old 09-24-2011, 10:20 AM

150 posts, read 424,986 times
Hey y'all

It is kind of ridiculous how easy the driving tests are, eh? I failed the first time, but that's only because I was in my Mom's Lincoln Towncar. My Dad had a Dodge Ram so he rented me an econobox and there was no problem. Australia on the other had was a whole lot different. I am a dual citizen so while I was down there I thought it would be a cool unique souvenir to get an Aussie driving licence. Oops! I didn't take it seriously because I know how to, and am comfortable driving. I did a few little things wrong, like not putting my turn signal on three times during a three point turn, and failed. But he took me out in the street, down an alley where I had to squeeze between delivery trucks, and along a 60Kph road. All that I passed, it was the little stuff. But anyways, there, tests are much harder

Old 09-24-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
I had my test yesterday and i passed i could not believe it i have barely learnt the basics, the test was extremely easy, it was in a parking lot and it took me 5 minutes t complete it i don't even know how to do parallel parking but thank God they did not ask me to im surprised that i passed to be honest! :O
Be careful. You barely learned the basics and now your out on the streets especially in Miami? Not a good combination. It is just way too easy to get a license in this state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami