Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2011, 05:56 PM

32 posts, read 172,406 times

Advertisements

I moved to Miami a few weeks ago and I ant to know how the public transport works here as I have been told is not that great =/, how much is it per ride and do I pay with coins I know is a silly question but I've been to places where you have to pay with bills and not coins also do they have AC?

thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 08:55 PM

4,836 posts, read 11,953,801 times
Everything in Miami has AC.
google Miami-Dade transit they will have prices.
The people move downtown is free and actually great, it gets you all over downtown quickly and for free. Buses between Miami Beach and Downtown area are easy to use also. Metrorail will take you to the airport and other places like Sunset Place, University of Miami and Dadeland mall. I think it is $2 per ride. Be careful and look at the map because it can go into some Northern and Northwestern areas of Miami which are not great.

Really if you stay in Miami Beach, Downtown and want to go down to some places of US-1 South of Miami transit is pretty good.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:46 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,209,219 times
You can get an Easy Card, and load it. You can get one at any Metro Rail station.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:48 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,915,632 times
Civic center, downtown, and down US1 to Dadeland is fine with the Metrorail, though the evening and weekend schedule leaves much to be desired. The northern part of the South Dade busway is also not bad.
Miami Beach, Biscayne corridor, Little Havana: slow, but frequent
Elsewhere: spotty

Definitely get yourself an easy card or easy ticket, otherwise you have to pay full fare again to transfer. On Metrorail you tap the card both when you enter and when you exit.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:55 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,090,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazym88 View Post
I moved to Miami a few weeks ago and I ant to know how the public transport works here as I have been told is not that great =/, how much is it per ride and do I pay with coins I know is a silly question but I've been to places where you have to pay with bills and not coins also do they have AC?

thank you!
Here is a map of the system: http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/transit/library/alignments/system_map_bus_large.pdf

Service is good on a some corridors, but crappy on others. Corridors with good service (say, a bus every 15 minutes or less for most of the day) are:
* 27th Avenue
* Biscayne Blvd
* Collins Avenue (and the Miami Beach island in general)
* The South Dade Busway
* SW 8th Street
* NW 7th Avenue
* Flagler Street
* NW 62nd Street
* NE 2nd Avenue (#9 route)

And service on MetroRail is pretty decent, except I think trains run every 30 minutes on the weekends.

The fare is $2 with an EasyTicket, and you can transfer between buses for free with an EasyTicket. Transfers between the MetroRail and buses cost $0.50. If you pay cash, you must pay the full fare for each vehicle.

The rest of the information you need (schedules, fares, etc) is available here: Miami-Dade County - Transit

When I visited Miami, my family used the transit system, and for the most part, we didn't have any excessive waits or anything (of course, most of our travel was in the touristy areas, but we ventured out a little bit and were able to use transit).

Old 10-01-2011, 06:24 PM

32 posts, read 172,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
Here is a map of the system: http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/transit/library/alignments/system_map_bus_large.pdf

Service is good on a some corridors, but crappy on others. Corridors with good service (say, a bus every 15 minutes or less for most of the day) are:
* 27th Avenue
* Biscayne Blvd
* Collins Avenue (and the Miami Beach island in general)
* The South Dade Busway
* SW 8th Street
* NW 7th Avenue
* Flagler Street
* NW 62nd Street
* NE 2nd Avenue (#9 route)

And service on MetroRail is pretty decent, except I think trains run every 30 minutes on the weekends.

The fare is $2 with an EasyTicket, and you can transfer between buses for free with an EasyTicket. Transfers between the MetroRail and buses cost $0.50. If you pay cash, you must pay the full fare for each vehicle.

The rest of the information you need (schedules, fares, etc) is available here: Miami-Dade County - Transit

When I visited Miami, my family used the transit system, and for the most part, we didn't have any excessive waits or anything (of course, most of our travel was in the touristy areas, but we ventured out a little bit and were able to use transit).
Thank you so much that is actually quite helpful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: