U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-04-2011, 11:45 AM

525 posts, read 222,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
We understand you dont like the facts of science and we cant convince you. Enough of this.
There are no such things as facts of science. Science is only provisional at best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canefandynasty View Post
Miami is tropical, but barely. It's that simple.

Yes, Miami is proned to cold spells, but not enough for it to become subtropical, as defined by Wladimir Koppen.

Wrong. It IS subtropical. Climate wise AND zone wise.

NOT in the tropcial. NOT a tropical climate either.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Koppen knows much more than Santos about the tropics, yes Miami has a tropical climate,no it is not in the tropical zone

Koppen is WRONG. Miami is NOT in the tropical NOR is it a tropical climate either.

It is SUBTROPICAL both in climate and zone.

This is NOT tAT ALL CONTROVERSIAL AMONG EXPERIENCED GARDENERS.

Koppen was an out of touch with reality scientist. Science has flaws. Science also can be very wrong . In this case he was one man, and he was WRONG.

He had no experience living there.

jack fisher, paul nawrocki and all the other expereinced members of the international palm society ALL say it is SUBTROPICAL. THAT FORUM IS A collection of ALL THE VERY BEST PALM GROWERS FROM AROUND THE WORLD.

THEY KNOW- Koppen was WRONMG. He had no expereince gardening in Miami

Old 10-04-2011, 11:57 AM

The tan you get in Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Belize, etc. ( places at tropical latitudes) is far superior to Miami. It's deeper, richer and is tatooed on you for a long time and several layers of skin. You cannot "shave it off" like in Miami.

Miami is AVERAGE in looks, ability to get a tropical caliber tint to your skin, and just has that PLAIN JANE North American temperate climate look.

Miami people are just jealous of the true tropics. REALITY has demonstrated that Miami does not have a tropical climate , nor is it a truly tropical place. The zone where Puerto Rico exists is DIFFERENT.

When you are in Puerto Rico , Hawaii, Belize , you KNOW you are somehwere special. You KNOW you are in a different zone. A zone where tropical vegetation grows NATURALLY everywhere and thrives. A zone where the sun is extremely strong.

I have WASTED money in Miami for years. It is simply not good enough for me anymore. I want TROPICAL.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:01 PM

4,746 posts, read 4,898,870 times
Is up to you if you want ruin your skin.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Status: "I'll be with you forever, my dear little Kiwi." (set 6 days ago)

Location: Going back to the forest to be with nature's goodness.
14,568 posts, read 6,425,994 times
Where's a basket of rotten tomatoes when ya need one?

Old 10-04-2011, 12:23 PM

4,719 posts, read 5,394,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSantos View Post
Koppen is WRONG. Miami is NOT in the tropical NOR is it a tropical climate either.

It is SUBTROPICAL both in climate and zone.

This is NOT tAT ALL CONTROVERSIAL AMONG EXPERIENCED GARDENERS.

Koppen was an out of touch with reality scientist. Science has flaws. Science also can be very wrong . In this case he was one man, and he was WRONG.

He had no experience living there.

jack fisher, paul nawrocki and all the other expereinced members of the international palm society ALL say it is SUBTROPICAL. THAT FORUM IS A collection of ALL THE VERY BEST PALM GROWERS FROM AROUND THE WORLD.

THEY KNOW- Koppen was WRONMG. He had no expereince gardening in Miami
I will say that is one of the funniest things I have read on city-data. Now gardners are climatologist?

Old 10-04-2011, 01:40 PM

3,651 posts, read 2,310,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSantos View Post
The tan you get in Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Belize, etc. ( places at tropical latitudes) is far superior to Miami. It's deeper, richer and is tatooed on you for a long time and several layers of skin. You cannot "shave it off" like in Miami.

Miami is AVERAGE in looks, ability to get a tropical caliber tint to your skin, and just has that PLAIN JANE North American temperate climate look.

Miami people are just jealous of the true tropics. REALITY has demonstrated that Miami does not have a tropical climate , nor is it a truly tropical place. The zone where Puerto Rico exists is DIFFERENT.

When you are in Puerto Rico , Hawaii, Belize , you KNOW you are somehwere special. You KNOW you are in a different zone. A zone where tropical vegetation grows NATURALLY everywhere and thrives. A zone where the sun is extremely strong.

I have WASTED money in Miami for years. It is simply not good enough for me anymore. I want TROPICAL.

When you start bashing a city and calling people dorks your credibility goes down to nil and you are just seen as an egotistical fool who knows nothing. People are laughing at you, keep on with more ridiculous statements I need more laughs today.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:53 PM

309 posts, read 311,796 times
Quote:
lmao, ok so who's fault is THAT? lol and smdh. Go to Hawaii then.

so, my question is when will 'pweople' realize that not many really care about the technicalities of classification re: climate/zone/whatever. Most pweople simply want to visit or live in a place that 'feels' kinda tropical-ish, myself included, cause it's pleasant and nice... couldn't care less whether it's tropical, subtropical, zone, climate, or whatever. it's the closest thing to 'tropical' we can get on America's mainland, and that's what i like about it.

Last edited by catt6; 10-04-2011 at 02:07 PM..

Old 10-04-2011, 04:20 PM

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID11224/images/Florida_Temps.JPG

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/slidesh...iami-29101388/

The temperature says 32 degrees ! Look at those TROPICAL WANNABE PRETENDERS. They only make it WORSE by bundling up. They are blatantly advertising and ADMITTING they are NOT the tropics by doing this. Those poeple should be USED to 40 degree and lower weather by now. What dorks.

Last edited by RickSantos; 10-04-2011 at 04:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami