Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Drugs & Miami
More now 4 18.18%
Same as always 3 13.64%
Less now 15 68.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 10:00 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,820,281 times

Advertisements

Steve Jobs said that Bill Gates was narrow minded, unlike him, because he had not taken acid or LSD when he was younger. Steve Jobs considered himself creative and open minded thanks to the things he did during his college years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 10:14 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
That's a drug scene I just don't get.

I can see the pull of other drugs as part of a 'social scene'. Not that I like it, but I can see how it happens.

But, prescription drugs just seems like a solo event of making yourself weirder and more unapproachable by pretty much everyone.
I sometimes think it is even worst than the stereotypical drug scene.

It is not tested for and easy to get. People seem to socialize with others who do it, where it really impacts us non users is in the workplace. Take a staff of five, three of them will be users and collaborate against the other two non users. hand wash hand type thing. The supervisor subordinate one is great, non user busts their rear off, only to see some slacker get rave reviews, yea because the sup and sub are passing off to each other some prescriptions.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:18 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Steve Jobs said that Bill Gates was narrow minded, unlike him, because he had not taken acid or LSD when he was younger. Steve Jobs considered himself creative and open minded thanks to the things he did during his college years.
I would hardly call Gates narrow minded.

I also doubt by simply dropping some acid all of a sudden made someone creative.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:34 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,820,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I would hardly call Gates narrow minded.

I also doubt by simply dropping some acid all of a sudden made someone creative.
I totally agree with you. Remember I wasn't the one that made those comments, it was Steve Jobs.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:21 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times
Less than before, they are more underground now than before.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:37 AM

83 posts, read 216,836 times
meh drugs are old school.

Everyone is having a pill popping good time now

Old 10-10-2011, 03:40 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
Pills are too suburban Americana.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:25 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Drugs in Miami, there are less now than before? Or more? Or same as always - a lot?
Between same as always and more now. We have less high profile drug related shootings but they are still here(the drugs and the shootings) There are more grow houses now.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:23 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
You would know about that

Old 10-10-2011, 09:10 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,466,972 times
You all are clueless about mind-altering prescription drugs. Almost everyone is on them. You are probably on them. Then you wonder why little Johnny is popping them. He probably is on them for ADD or gets them from his parents' medicine cabinet.

Prescription pills are unique because you can obtain them legally, as opposed to marijuanna and cocaine which are 100% illegal and you get arrested. They are also widely available as 75% of Americans are on mind-altering prescription medications. You can go to your local doctor and get diagnosed with ADD and get a prescription for Ritalin or Vikatin or OxyCotin, or whatever.

Pharmacists and doctors are complicit in this scheme and it has become a whole new drug dealing industry. Law enforcement turned a blind eye to these practices for many years and were too busy spending trillions of $ in the war on drugs in foreign countries. They didn't realize the brewing problems in their own back yard. Now they are trying to play catchup and are cracking down on doctors and pharmacists.

The big-Pharma is also a huge problem because they give kickbacks to doctors for over-prescribing meds to people. They spend billions promoting all of these prescription drugs. Many people are on drugs who don't need them or shouldn't be on them, but they want to feel good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami