Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In 2040 Metro Miami will have a population of..
5.5 million 3 7.14%
6 million 2 4.76%
6.5 million 6 14.29%
7 million 8 19.05%
7.5 - 8 million 23 54.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 01:13 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,091,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Miami is limited by the Everglades to one side and the ocean to the other. Miami-Dade is roughly 2.5 million. mWith the actually City of 400,000 people. I don't see Miami growing in large leaps and bounds.
I see them bull dozeing the everglades in a few years to make more room. but hopefully they can remain solid on not expanding the UDB so that all the unused space inside it is used and have the city proper of miami look like lower manhatten with skyscrapers everywhere. if that happens that means that expanding the metrorail will become finacially feasible and Miami will finally will become a proper Alpha City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 02:28 PM

861 posts, read 1,449,174 times
7.5-8.5 million. I think the growth will slow down or stabilize in Dade county, due to the lack of develop-able land which may lead to more high rise developments. Pinellas County is probably a good indicator of how things will turn out. The same thing will also start to happen in Broward and then Palm Beach county will become the leader of growth in South Florida due to the county having more land to build on and expand.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:20 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,513,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
I see them bull dozeing the everglades in a few years to make more room. but hopefully they can remain solid on not expanding the UDB so that all the unused space inside it is used and have the city proper of miami look like lower manhatten with skyscrapers everywhere. if that happens that means that expanding the metrorail will become finacially feasible and Miami will finally will become a proper Alpha City.
I seriously doubt they are going to bulldoze the Everglades as the picture belows demonstrates :

Old 04-20-2013, 04:23 PM

6,840 posts, read 10,889,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Miami is limited by the Everglades to one side and the ocean to the other. Miami-Dade is roughly 2.5 million. mWith the actually City of 400,000 people. I don't see Miami growing in large leaps and bounds.
Miami-Dade I can see getting to 3.4-3.5 million by 2040 at current pace.

I can see Broward and Palm Beach matching it as well, a total of at least 2.5-3.0 million people being added for Southeast Florida by then.

Growth is going to be Toronto model almost.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I seriously doubt they are going to bulldoze the Everglades as the picture belows demonstrates :
well not all of it but some. I also think that if they hold the urban development line then we could see multiple Urban Downtown forming. one is already beginning in kendall. I see more forming in Homestead, West Palm beach, and in the Port St Lucie area( I see the metro area expanding to Fort Pierce and port st lucie) by 2040 I could see the south florida metro area hitting 10 millon people so long as immigration freindly laws are passed the usa economy does'nt collapse and no great miami hurricanes pass through all unlikely things I know but I can still hope

Old 04-21-2013, 08:57 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,655,377 times
I am still trying to figure out why immigrants would want to leave their banana republics for a more expensive banana republic.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I am still trying to figure out why immigrants would want to leave their banana republics for a more expensive banana republic.
trust me Miami is not a more expensive banana republic our purchaseing power is much much higher than say Colombians in Bogota or Argentineans in Cordoba.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:49 PM

6,840 posts, read 10,889,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Actually we tend to under-estimate how expensive foreign cities can really be sometimes. Cant speak for most of Latin America but coming from somewhere like Fortaleza, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Cancun, Panama City, San Jose, Valparaiso then Miami is typically more affordable and manageable than those cities unless you were living in a rough area in those places.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Lyoko View Post
Actually we tend to under-estimate how expensive foreign cities can really be sometimes. Cant speak for most of Latin America but coming from somewhere like Fortaleza, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Cancun, Panama City, San Jose, Valparaiso then Miami is typically more affordable and manageable than those cities unless you were living in a rough area in those places.
yes I can't tell you how many times I had sticker shock when was in bogota. the prices we about the same as here but what the people over there make is not even half of what most people make here.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:51 PM

15 posts, read 21,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post

If the people that made-up a city, a country, a nation are morally degenerate, all what they to will be trash....

A bunch of people that not have familiar consept, not have moral and are extremely materialist can't create a good civilization.

The type of people that abound in miami is that stereotype with yucca's face, sunglasses, and arrogant and loafer attitude.

And the black scums from the black gettos win the prices in that.

Furthermore, more people (more population) is equal to more crime, more degeneration, more negativity, more evil....
You don't know about the consequense of live in a big mass of degenerate people.

Last edited by Guatacon; 04-23-2013 at 07:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami