Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2011, 02:10 PM

7 posts, read 13,932 times

Advertisements

Hi, Im doing a direct move to the Aventura area in a couple weeks.

Ive been finding it very hard to find apartment complexes or communities online, Im sure they're around just hard to find. Does anyone have any good recommendations on nice apartment complexes in the Aventura or Hallandale area. Please if possible, be SPECIFIC with the name so I can google for a web site.

I will be attending FIU North and have heard that its better to stay out of the North Miami area and make the commute to school.

I will not have enough time to fly down from NY to preview apartments before I move, but would like to atleast have some leads to go on.

Im looking into apartment complexes because of having to wait for HOA approval to move into buildings. I will need to move in ASAP, dont have time to wait a week.

Thanks!

*** Ive been able to find these online, so any insight to them would be appreciated.

Water Ways Village, Aventura
Harbour Cove, Hallandale Beach
Lincoln Pointe, Aventura
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 10:25 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,940,440 times
It is definitely better to stay out of North Miami, especially if you're going to be driving to campus anyway. I lived in Lincoln Pointe for two years, it is definitely the best value for what you get, as far as rental complexes in Aventura. And you're neighbors are millionaires (Williams Island) so almost zero safety issues (some petty theft and domestic stuff in the complex itself, though). I saw several JW and Barry U. and FIU parking permits there, so it's likely you would have like-minded company. The only thing is It can be a pain getting out to US1 though, especially turning left.

Waterways is very Jewish. There is an open air mall with a kosher supermarket next door, and a small Bally's fitness and some tennis courts, oh, and the marina.

There is also the Camden Aventura. It is the complex closest to Aventura Mall, also next to City Hall, Founder's Park, Leohmans/Publix, and Aventura Mall. Definitely the most central location, but also grossly overpriced, IMO.

For quick move-in, apartment complex would be the easiest way to go, but I wouldn't rule out condo complexes since you do tend to get better value for your money, also you tend to be treated more like a "resident" than a "tenant." Talk to a broker such as Renter's Paradise or Rent1Sell1, or numerous ads on Craigslist and tell them you need a quick move in and easy HOA approval, they can tell you in 15 minutes if there are any places that would work. It may be worth it to stay a few extra nights in a hotel or motel to get approved for a condo, since 1yr minimum lease is pretty standard here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami