U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-18-2011, 07:59 PM
 
6,714 posts, read 4,569,085 times
Reputation: 8194

Advertisements

"Like I said" is impolite? Must be a culture thing, where are you from? I say it all the time, many people say, I communicate professionally in emails using this phrase.

You cannot consider economics and climate in this regard. If a eprson does not have money for housing, it does not matter what the climate is unless they are homeless, which then a good climate helps.

You stated Miami is affordable, I countered your argument, yet you still maintain it is. Affordability is relative, yet I have stated to you that Miami ranks first in the US on the amount of people that pay over half of their income towards housing.

Miami is a lot of things, but affordable housing as compared to income is not one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-18-2011, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Dallas
4,160 posts, read 4,689,834 times
Reputation: 2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiworshipper View Post
The Big 3 cities are totally against the American spirit of value for money & affordability...
Dude, what do you really know about Chicago? Chicago is a bargain basement much like Miami. Last month I saw a one bedroom in a high rise on Michigan Ave
for 299K right in front of the Field Museum.

Chicago Loop Condos, South Loop Condos, Millennium Park Condos | The Columbian

Don't get me wrong I appreciate you Miami boosterism, I'm a fan too. I do wonder however about "3K 45 minutes from the beach". Dude you are paying way too much. 3K can get you a real nice spot oceanfront. You should work on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 08:15 AM
 
200 posts, read 235,914 times
Reputation: 200
Miami is the most self-centered, materialistic, uneducated, fiscally misguided, governmentally corrupt city in the nation.

But I love her beaches and weather in the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 11:51 AM
 
Location: South Florida
2 posts, read 1,560 times
Reputation: 12
I think Miami as a whole is a terrible city honestly. Pinecrest, Miami Beach, The Grove and a few other small places are great but that is about it.

The only reason i still live here is because of the ocean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Athens,Greece.
306 posts, read 53,986 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
Dude, what do you really know about Chicago? Chicago is a bargain basement much like Miami. Last month I saw a one bedroom in a high rise on Michigan Ave
for 299K right in front of the Field Museum.

Chicago Loop Condos, South Loop Condos, Millennium Park Condos | The Columbian

Don't get me wrong I appreciate you Miami boosterism, I'm a fan too. I do wonder however about "3K 45 minutes from the beach". Dude you are paying way too much. 3K can get you a real nice spot oceanfront. You should work on that.

Plz read carefully... I wrote that 1500 in Homestead gets you a palace,3K in NYC gets you a ratcage...

299K gets you a 3bd 2ba condo in an oceanfront building in Collins Ave ( city view...),w private beach ... Unbelievable value for money...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Athens,Greece.
306 posts, read 53,986 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
"Like I said" is impolite? Must be a culture thing, where are you from? I say it all the time, many people say, I communicate professionally in emails using this phrase.

You cannot consider economics and climate in this regard. If a eprson does not have money for housing, it does not matter what the climate is unless they are homeless, which then a good climate helps.

You stated Miami is affordable, I countered your argument, yet you still maintain it is. Affordability is relative, yet I have stated to you that Miami ranks first in the US on the amount of people that pay over half of their income towards housing.

Miami is a lot of things, but affordable housing as compared to income is not one of them.
I doubt your numbers.
I think that SF & NYC rank #1 in expensive housing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 02:56 PM
 
186 posts, read 222,243 times
Reputation: 99
There's a post I didn't expect to see. Umm, no. 20% white population, high crime, uneducated population. You should go rent first. Here in Central Fl I think the only reason people go there is for drugs, they are cheap, so if that's what you are into, yeah sure. Otherwise, I can't imagine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL/Houston, TX
874 posts, read 606,928 times
Reputation: 562
Not on the level of NYC and Chicago. But Miami would be a new and upcoming city into my top 5. Right now I have NYC, Chicago, LA, D.C., and Boston in my top 5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 05:07 PM
 
Location: Athens,Greece.
306 posts, read 53,986 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfiqmp View Post
Not on the level of NYC and Chicago. But Miami would be a new and upcoming city into my top 5. Right now I have NYC, Chicago, LA, D.C., and Boston in my top 5.

Most people agree that NYC,CH,LA are the most unamerican cities...
Terribly expensive,no value for money,no guns,no death penalty...
D.C is an artificial city & Boston feels like a city in England....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 05:14 PM
 
Location: West Kendall
4,748 posts, read 4,938,431 times
Reputation: 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiworshipper View Post
most people agree that nyc is the most unamerican city...
It happens to be urban.
fixed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:42 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top