U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-19-2011, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Dallas
4,160 posts, read 4,341,481 times
Reputation: 2984
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiworshipper View Post
Plz read carefully... I wrote that 1500 in Homestead gets you a palace,3K in NYC gets you a ratcage...
Sorry my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiworshipper View Post
299K gets you a 3bd 2ba condo in an oceanfront building in Collins Ave ( city view...),w private beach ... Unbelievable value for money...
Really? Still? I agree - incredible. But are roaches included?

In 1989 the first tall building in South Pointe was selling condos for $35K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-19-2011, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Dallas
4,160 posts, read 4,341,481 times
Reputation: 2984
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiworshipper View Post
Most people agree that NYC,CH,LA are the most unamerican cities...
Terribly expensive,no value for money,no guns,no death penalty...
D.C is an artificial city & Boston feels like a city in England....
That's an utterly ridiculous statement. Ask anybody in the world to name an American city and those are the first ones they'll name.

If anything, Miami is the American city with the most non-American feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 05:23 PM
 
Location: Athens,Greece.
306 posts, read 43,759 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
Sorry my bad.



Really? Still? I agree - incredible. But are roaches included?

In 1989 the first tall building in South Pointe was selling condos for $35K.
The city view condos/appartments are bargain priced...


By my estimate

300k for 3/2 city view,
600K for partial ocean view,
900K for full ocean view,
1m for prestigious adresses,( Trump,Aqua)..
Of course those prices are for low flooors ( < 15th floor)

They say prices are now 50% off their peak...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Dallas
4,160 posts, read 4,341,481 times
Reputation: 2984
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiworshipper View Post
The city view condos/appartments are bargain priced...


By my estimate

300k for 3/2 city view,
600K for partial ocean view,
900K for full ocean view,
1m for prestigious adresses,( Trump,Aqua)..
Of course those prices are for low flooors ( < 15th floor)

They say prices are now 50% off their peak...
Yes that's the way Miami real estate has been for at least 40 years. Prices skyrocket and plunge. Buy at the right time you can resell for 10x later.

I'm sure everybody here appreciates your MIA enthusiasm, but how long have you actually spent in Miami? Miami is like a telenovela character - hot and sexy but fickle, all full of herself, and very difficult to live with. More nuts per square mile than anywhere on the North American continent. Shocking behavior is just a day in the life. My sister who lived in NYC for years visited SoBe for one week and deemed it too wild.

We've seen a lot of people come to MIA full of enthusiasm and end up shell shocked within weeks. Hopefully you plan to rent for several months before you buy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 06:55 PM
 
Location: Athens,Greece.
306 posts, read 43,759 times
Reputation: 42
Of course I will rent before I buy...
As for RE speculating , maybe not 10X but 2X ( 100% ) yes...

Ehm,I think I revealed somewhere that I have never..been to Miami...
I just conclude from what I read,watch,"feel" etc...
For me the "final argument "is that you can swim at sea & in the backyard pool in December...while watching on tv the snowstorms in the NE...

I am sick 'n'tired of central heating,heating oil, costs,snow,ice,cold,catching cold every winter,medicines,antibiotics...No more cold.

Give me 20 C / 68F in January,the magnificent sky,a boat,a pwc & let the others shovel snow...

I am 48,an old guy,I want to "retire"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Chicago, IL/Houston, TX
874 posts, read 554,865 times
Reputation: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiworshipper View Post
Most people agree that NYC,CH,LA are the most unamerican cities...
Terribly expensive,no value for money,no guns,no death penalty...
D.C is an artificial city & Boston feels like a city in England....
Uhh... no.

Show me who agrees with that. Any facts behind that?

I didn't know the american way included the death penalty.

Don't make Miami out to be some glorious patriotic place. It's not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Athens,Greece.
306 posts, read 43,759 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfiqmp View Post
Uhh... no.

Show me who agrees with that. Any facts behind that?

I didn't know the american way included the death penalty.

Don't make Miami out to be some glorious patriotic place. It's not.
America has 2 cornerstones...The guns & the death penalty.
The only nation which has both..
100 years ago ,most nations had both...
They became decadent & declined,only America ..." stood its ground." ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 11:46 AM
 
6,186 posts, read 3,927,621 times
Reputation: 7268
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiworshipper View Post
I doubt your numbers.
I think that SF & NYC rank #1 in expensive housing...
I did not say "expensive housing", I stated that Miami is NUMBER ONE IN HOW MANY PEOPLE PAY MORE THAN HALF OF THEIR INCOME FOR HOUSING.

Now, do you understand that? Here is the link:

The 10 Worst Cities for Renters - Yahoo! Real Estate

Now, you do not even live here yet you seem to think you know more than everyone who does.

Rent is relative to the area, you do not seem to understand that. What may seem like a great deal in Miami to someone from London, is out of reach for most people in Miami. Rent is relative to wages and expenditures of a person. I can show you an ocean side house for $200k, what a deal. But you better have some source of income because there is nothing around for miles and miles except a gas station, but it is one heck of a deal!

Yea, $300k for a condo, it is nice as long as a person has the income, which Miami ranks worst in as compared to rent. There is a reason it is such a great deal and there are so many, heck, I live in an bay view facing condo in Brickell.

I think you should come down here and live for a year before going off like you are some local expert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 11:50 AM
 
6,186 posts, read 3,927,621 times
Reputation: 7268
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiworshipper View Post
Of course I will rent before I buy...
As for RE speculating , maybe not 10X but 2X ( 100% ) yes...

Ehm,I think I revealed somewhere that I have never..been to Miami...
I just conclude from what I read,watch,"feel" etc...
For me the "final argument "is that you can swim at sea & in the backyard pool in December...while watching on tv the snowstorms in the NE...

I am sick 'n'tired of central heating,heating oil, costs,snow,ice,cold,catching cold every winter,medicines,antibiotics...No more cold.

Give me 20 C / 68F in January,the magnificent sky,a boat,a pwc & let the others shovel snow...

I am 48,an old guy,I want to "retire"...
People get sick here, I do not know where you get that being in a warmer year round climate somehow makes it where you do not get sick, plenty of people get colds here as up north, all the same, and it does get cold here wear you have to wear a jacket around.

You can swim in many places, not just Miami, the coast is full of towns and cities that have beaches, Miami is not unique in this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 11:54 AM
 
6,186 posts, read 3,927,621 times
Reputation: 7268
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiworshipper View Post
Plz read carefully... I wrote that 1500 in Homestead gets you a palace,3K in NYC gets you a ratcage...

299K gets you a 3bd 2ba condo in an oceanfront building in Collins Ave ( city view...),w private beach ... Unbelievable value for money...

Again, you keep listing Homestead, Homestead is not Miami, maybe I will start comparing joe blow Tennessee and brag about how cheap it is there. Outside of Chattanooga, you can get a nice house and some land for $750 a month, does not mean you would want to live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:08 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top