Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 03:44 PM

20 posts, read 24,728 times

Advertisements

Hello all, So anyways the lady and I going to be relocating to the Miami area come spring time. I am relocating with my company that is in Medley and the wife will be attending UM for their accelerated BSN program. So my question is what would be kind of a good in between point to look for housing. We are looking to rent and looking to spend no more then 1500 a month if possible. Could anyone suggest a decent area to look at or some good apt complexes to check out? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 08:53 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,304,209 times
The Doral Area would likely be the best area between Medley and Coral Gables but I'm not certain how far $1500 is going to get you. Are you just looking for a one bedroom apartment? A one bedroom is definitely doable in the area coming in at about $1300 on average. A two bedroom or larger may even put you out of your price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocerygetter01 View Post
Hello all, So anyways the lady and I going to be relocating to the Miami area come spring time. I am relocating with my company that is in Medley and the wife will be attending UM for their accelerated BSN program. So my question is what would be kind of a good in between point to look for housing. We are looking to rent and looking to spend no more then 1500 a month if possible. Could anyone suggest a decent area to look at or some good apt complexes to check out? Thanks

Old 01-24-2012, 08:56 PM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Medley is next to Hialeah (yeah I looked it up, never heard of it before ). Around UM is nice so your $1500 budget is going to be the issue there. The schedules are going to be your issue, a 9am class on week days is going to make your wife suffer the US1 corridor so her commute will be tough, if you are leaving Medley at 3, no problem but leave at 5 and you will be in the thick of it.

Try Coconut Grove, nice area but then again the $1500 might be a little light. Kendall might have a few places that fit your budget but then again it is south of UM, further from Medley.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:52 AM

196 posts, read 589,979 times
try south miami. close to UM and you can take the palmetto to medley.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:18 AM

Thanks for the replies. We are probably just gonna do a one bedroom. She really likes the idea of living in one of the high rises on Biscayne Blvd. I personally am not a huge fan of that idea however. Does anyone have any input about that area??

Old 01-25-2012, 08:31 AM

809 posts, read 2,316,336 times
^^ lots of beautiful buildings and interesting older neighborhoods; The bay is right there. Many fun activities and restaurants all around. The bad part is homeless, pimps, ho's all around.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymbuff View Post
^^ lots of beautiful buildings and interesting older neighborhoods; The bay is right there. Many fun activities and restaurants all around. The bad part is homeless, pimps, ho's all around.
Thanks for the reply, How would the drive be to from Medley or to UM. We are hoping to get down there next month and scout the area before we make the move.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,665 times
You would have easy access to UM via MetroRail. Regular rate for the monthly pass is $100 and i believe it's an extra $10 (monthly) for parking. There might be a student rate as well, but I am not certain.

Miami-Dade County - Transit - Metrorail Map (http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/rail_stations.asp - broken link)

Old 01-26-2012, 12:06 PM

I have found a possibly location and was curious about the area around Biltmore golf course and the Venetian Pool.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:11 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocerygetter01 View Post
I have found a possibly location and was curious about the area around Biltmore golf course and the Venetian Pool.
That is a very nice area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami