Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 06:35 AM

261 posts, read 395,434 times

Advertisements

hi there lived in our hse for 6 months now and this am woke up the second single post box been damaged by the teenagers post box bashers... anyone else suffer from this?

and what sort of post box would you guys recommend that will withstand being hit and not get damaged? and hurt the hitter?? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 08:48 AM

683 posts, read 1,463,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHSELLAR View Post
hi there lived in our hse for 6 months now and this am woke up the second single post box been damaged by the teenagers post box bashers... anyone else suffer from this?

and what sort of post box would you guys recommend that will withstand being hit and not get damaged? and hurt the hitter?? lol
take a picture and post it.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:51 AM

26,818 posts, read 43,286,237 times
Go with a brick mailbox which I've been seeing more and more of.
How To Build a Brick Mailbox : How-To : DIY Network

Old 02-12-2012, 08:57 AM

35,095 posts, read 50,961,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHSELLAR View Post

Teenagers, blech. It is probably best to go with the brick as another poster has suggested. Probably will not hurt the hitter though unless they are silly enough to try and beat the brick, which I suppose is possible.

One cannot fix stupid but they can demonstrate it quite well.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:31 AM

261 posts, read 395,434 times
have seen other neighbours with a metal post in front of the box, to protect it, or gone to a welders place and got a cover made to go around the box..

p.s why do you want a picture? lol....its crushed...nothing to see... they did others on my street i noticed this am!!

Old 02-12-2012, 09:34 AM

35,095 posts, read 50,961,628 times
Mine gets taken out by the snow plow at least once a year well before the teenagers can get to it...LOL

Old 02-12-2012, 10:09 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,280,371 times
What a bunch of punks! I would try and find out who did it and either tell their parents or if that doesn't work report them to the police. The parents should reimburse you for the mailbox.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:03 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,882,132 times
How would you find out who did it? I had mine really dented but it was from a truck which came in on my corner too fast and too wide and his mirror or something hit into the box. Our house is on an entrance where you have to turn left or right. If you make that left turn to wide and fast you're going to hit the mailbox. Had someone else run into my tree on the right side. Don't know how she managed that? All problems that wouldn't happen if drivers wouldn't drive into the neighborhood like bats out of hell and actually stopped at the stop sign.
I'd go with the brick. Looks nice.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:53 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,369,037 times
Yeah there is no way you find out who did it (usually a bunch of teenagers in the area), unless you have cameras in your yard or a neighbor has cameras that you can look at their recordings of the night it happened. You won't know. The best thing is do what you are doing, find a way to get a sturdy mail box or put something around it.

I might also call the cops and make a report of it, who knows they might find the guy.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:07 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,280,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Yeah there is no way you find out who did it (usually a bunch of teenagers in the area), unless you have cameras in your yard or a neighbor has cameras that you can look at their recordings of the night it happened. You won't know. The best thing is do what you are doing, find a way to get a sturdy mail box or put something around it.

I might also call the cops and make a report of it, who knows they might find the guy.
$29.99
Weatherproof Security Camera with Night Vision

VHS is cheap to record with these days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: