Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 01:50 PM

4 posts, read 13,583 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

I'll be moving to Miami in May/June and will be working in downtown/Brickell area. My rent max is around 1500, but preferably looking for a 2 bedroom. Everything in the Brickell area seems to be really expensive. Ideally, I would love to live further up north in Broward but the commute seems to be crazy with regular working hours. Any suggestions on where (the furthest) I may be able to live without it being a crazy commute? Also, if anyone can suggest the names of apartment buildings/condos where I can begin to look that would be helpful...there are so many options online it's a bit difficult to seep through it all. Thanks

And sorry if there was a question like this before!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 03:26 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,996,506 times
South Miami. There are numerous apartment and condo complexes that are safe and reasonable. Easy commute.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:01 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,003,070 times
I agree South Miami and maybe Coral Gables and some other areas of Miami you could find something.

Why do you want to live up in Broward. You won't get a two bed room anywhere near Brickell or downtown for 1500. But you can find something decent in the area. Imagine the time and GAS you would save walking or taking the FREE people mover to work. I think it is something you should really think about. It makes no sense to live up in a condo in Broward unless the extra space is absolutely needed. But when you add in gas and parking for work you want to do the math.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:46 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,320,423 times
I agree- why Broward?

South Miami would be a good choice. Hop right on Metrorail and you don't have to worry about traffic at all. Hop off at Brickell and walk to your building or take Metromover if need be.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:33 AM

4 posts, read 13,583 times
Thanks!

I considered South Miami, but my searches online didn't come up with anything that looked decent. HarryWho? do you recommend any particular apt complexes to look at?

Thanks again to everyone for the responses!

Old 03-20-2012, 04:53 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,938,461 times
The apartments and condos behind Dadeland Mall are another option that's relatively affordable and walking distance to the Metrorail. Not the ones right next to the Metrorail, but the ones across the canal from the mall. You should be able to find a decent 2br closer to $1300 there. That's about a low as you're gonna get in a convenient, desirable, safe neighborhood. I also recommend taking the rail. Rush hour on US1 gets really, really bad.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:49 AM

1 posts, read 3,582 times
There are numerous apartment and condo complexes that are safe and reasonable.

***MOD CUT***

Last edited by doggiebus; 03-21-2012 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: Advertising not allowed

Old 03-21-2012, 12:44 PM

389 posts, read 1,083,704 times
I live in Broward and communte every day for the last 8 years to Brickell with no problem.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:52 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,938,461 times
^Jimbo: How do you deal with the I-95 off ramp to SW 8th? I see it backed up most days and could imagine it taking up to 10 minutes just to make the left turn there. Is this the case???

Old 03-22-2012, 03:11 PM

10 posts, read 44,191 times
I live in Brickell and love it. My husband and I have been here about a year. You MAY want to consider choosing a smaller space and living here right near your work...as painful as it was for us coming from a much bigger house, we dont regret it for a minute. My husband has a 10-minute walk to work, we keep one car, and I probably don't take that out more than twice a week. The first time I drove down to Dadeland, the nine miles took me 45 minutes and I nearly cried. ;-) You haven't said why you want a 2 bedroom or what kinds of things you enjoy doing and that might help the board here with recommendations. Is there a particular reason you are considering Broward? Back to your questions: Rental bldgs that I know of in Brickell are One Broadway and Camden. I don't know prices. You can also choose to work with a realtor and rent something from an investor/owner. Check out realtor.com and look at "rents" in the 33131 and 33129 zip codes. There are also a couple of buildings just west of the Metrorail that are a little bit cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami