U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-17-2012, 08:59 AM

449 posts, read 330,967 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'd like to know ur impressions about working with women or men in Miami. I am sure most opinions could be very divided and it all depends on your personality as someone would say, but let's see.

Personally I always have thought that working among women is much better since they are more open communication and more relaxed than men. I have worked in several places with both; however, after analyzing and comparing it with other people I realized of a overwhelming conclusion. Working with women sucks!

They love not only gossiping but also are jealous and conspire against you if you don't like them specially if you are another woman. They love criticism and hate other woman who dress better or have a nice silhouette.
Most women don't know how to manage their personal space, so they constantly invade yours in ur workplace while a man respect this important aspect. Most employers hire women because they have the wrong idea that most women are detailed oriented and perfectionist in their tasks; however, It's far from it. The reality is they are so possessive in her workplace as they would do it with their sons. Some are lazy, have either bad manners or mood specially when answering the phone.

Also, some women are the queens of masking lies. They always cope to always appears like they did the task perfect. And the boss believe her just because she is a woman, but what if it had been a man? He'd fired up.

There are a important number of women being manipulative people specially with men. Only another woman will expose her if she is her enemy. If you see, most of assassinates in Miami there is always because a women behind who was pulling the threads, but I don't want to talk about the infidelity of Miamian's women because there is another entire post.

Basically, when a work place is dominated by women there is always intrigue and DRAMA in the air.
They make it all complicated all time making your staying miserable. Of course, you come to this conclusion after a long period of time when your patience have run out, and analyze things in deep. Believe me, women are no the "angels' that they used to be long time ago..not anymore...

I am not going to say most women are like that and men are angels but that's a big tendency nowadays. . Working with men is not all flowers, but if is more relaxed working with them.
Considering that I don't' understand why the job market in Miami tends to prefer women consigning to oblivion men when they are also apt and maybe with better quality job than women.

Maybe it is because the United States is kind of a feminine country and don't like men. The world market pulled for the ideology of feminism has extolled the women's ego until the grade they see men not like her partner but a competitor. You can verify it when walking in a mall. More than the 90% of products target women.
I'd say that most income houses comes from women rather than men nowadays and men are depressed...

Last edited by angelscorpio; 04-17-2012 at 09:28 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 11:01 AM

309 posts, read 312,245 times
wtf? stereotype much? i can't even begin to address how twisted and inaccurate your many points are - all judgements, all generalizations, none accurate.

Of course you're free to have your opinion, but to me, all of that makes zero sense.

Neither gender is 'better' to work with than the other - people are individuals. both genders exhibit both good and bad behavior, everything you have talked about in your post, are things i've seen in both men and women..... regardless of what city they are in or what their gender is.

Whether or not someone is a good co-worker, has more to do with their individual personalities, ethics, and sense of responsibility, than it does gender.

based upon what you wrote, i would not want to work with you, regardless of what gender you are.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:04 AM

4,746 posts, read 4,908,195 times
men

Old 04-17-2012, 12:11 PM

catt6, are u woman right?

Old 04-17-2012, 12:12 PM

2,614 posts, read 3,763,817 times
While bold, I applaud you for even starting a thread/dialogue about what may be true in many corporate settings. As much as I promote equality in everything, I can't disagree with you. I respect you for not being a hypocrite and saying things as they are.

You say things that many people may think. I read your post and emailed it to my sister and wife. They even agreed. I have to give it to you. You have "cojones" to express your view clearly enough. While controversial, I don't think you're being stereotypical or anti-women. You're being honest; no sugarcoating. Kudos to you on that!

Don't be surprised that someone gets this thread shut down because of its bold and honest nature.

And to finally answer your question: MEN.

Less nonsense.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:15 PM

Default agree MisterNY

I think is time men wake up and take their pants on again dudes...

Old 04-17-2012, 12:46 PM

Catt, I think this is not a matter of sexism. Maybe it is a big influence of globalization that has impacted more to women than men. Today we got “masculinized women” over the mask of “equality”. Women competing with men in all type of ambient.
Maybe you still are not aware of it, but it is undoubted the huge bias women vs men today. It is the fiercest and most fearless defence of men, fatherhood and ultimately the family I have seen in many years.
I think I am uncovering with this post a more deep problem in today’s society because through extreme feminism, then via its craven implementation into society, women have demonised men and trivialised their contribution, especially to family life.
I say courageous because, in the eyes of many women and of the liberal establishment, suggesting men have had a rough deal is nothing short of heresy.
Isn't it ironic that only a woman could make such a plea for men like when you hear them to say “ save our men” because they are depressed?
As long as men feel marginalised by the women whose favour and approval they seek, as long as they are alienated from their children and treated as criminals by family courts, as long as they are disrespected by a culture that no longer values masculinity tied to honour, as long as boys are bereft of strong fathers and our young men and women wage sexual war, then we risk cultural suicide.
Also, in trying to make the world fairer for women, an adjustment most agree was vital, we have made it unfair for men. In our attempt to honour women, we have dishonoured men. By bending over backwards to make single mothers feel good about themselves, by diminishing the role of fathers, by elevating women as the superior parents, we have gone a considerable way to destroying one of the basic tenets of a successful society; family life.
That’s why I consider men are depressed. And not only that but also it is the erosion of heterosexuality. Today we got metrosexual men (femenized) not to mention most gays are more from the women part, so what is left for us? What about the masculinity?
Most men today struggle with their own masculinity among handbags, earrings and Victoria’s Secret stuffs and have to refuge in just video games, football and beers.
This globalization is a underhand attempt against masculinity maybe to keep men in line. Apart from the effects of this seismic social shift on society, it is also grossly unfair. Can you imagine a world where men demanded women be more like them , u know dress like them, act like them, even look like them. Because that is effectively what our feminist society has done, but with the genders switched…u know.. The traditional male values are now seen as nothing more than a direct assault on women.
Unless men are like us, the thinking goes, they insult us and threaten our existence: hence the feminisation of men, or as I so disingenuously describe it, getting in touch with your feminine side…It’s seems if like people didn’t’ want men anymore.. Men are depressed…

Old 04-17-2012, 12:48 PM

309 posts, read 312,245 times
doesn't matter what my gender is.

your thread title purports to be an inquiry about the workplace, but you have personal, social, and workplace behavior all mixed up into one thing here. Your bias is clear, and these opinions you are stating, are about way more than just the workplace. It's impossible to have any kind of logical debate cause you have too many different - and subjective - things mixed up all in one post. It's rambling, it makes no sense.

It isn't necessarily "bold and honest" - it's just one opinion - of course, those who hold the same stereotypical thinking will agree with the OP, and perceive it as "bold and honest" - but IME, all of this stuff isn't necessarily universally true nor accurate. I've worked with way too many people of both genders who do ALL these things.... i know it's not accurate to pigeonhole one gender into one type of behavior.

than again i am over 50 - i might have more workplace years than most ppl who post here.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:56 PM

6,727 posts, read 4,080,613 times
you made some points there. it's not
like anyone can just disregard them,
even if they don't agree now. They will
just stick in your head.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:38 PM

313 posts, read 389,540 times
Wow....whats next black vs. latino? Gay vs. lesbian? Big breasts vs. big Butt? Length vs. width?

People are people no matter where they are. You should read Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars. It will explain alot.

As for me I prefer to work with pretty women. At least the scenery is better.

LOL!!!

Last edited by joeandmich; 04-17-2012 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: mispell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami